MFP and McDonald's??

Options
Just saw an add for McDonald's on here.....seriously?? For a website that is here to help people live a healthier lifestyle, I can't believe they would be promoting Mc Donald's!! SMH

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that McD's just bought ad space. I don't think MFP is actually promoting it. They have to sale ad space to keep this site free for us to use. Money is money.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Ad money keeps this place free, which is awesome. If an advertisement for McDonald's is all it takes to mess up a person's diet they're going to have a whole lot of struggles, because advertising is everywhere.

Though if I see an ad for bacon double cheeseburgers it eats at a part of my soul until I eventually cave. Everything in moderation! Even fast food garbage.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We eat at McDonalds. Once every week or two. McMini's and some other items are really not that bad.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I have seen ads for Cheese cake factory here too. Funny thing is that the cheesecake ones slow the site down... much the same way cheesecake slows US down, lol. Right now it is showing an ad for Grainger, a place to order tools. The ad even shows a pic of the last Item I searched Grainger for. I know my internet history is being used against me but seriously?
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that McD's just bought ad space. I don't think MFP is actually promoting it. They have to sale ad space to keep this site free for us to use. Money is money.
    yup.
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    well lets be real:0) McDonalds is a part of life, we as the over wieght, just have to be strong enough to make smart choices when there. Hardest thing ever was to order the oatmeal instead of the mc muffin i so love. That oatmeal was sooo good, it really was:0) great now i want micky d's
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't control the advertising. The ads are hosted by google, and they advertise based on things you comment on and search for on the internet. So if you post "Mcdonalds sucks," the ad software just reads McDonalds and decides to give you an ad on that. That's why at one point I was getting a lot of HCG related ads, because I posted a lot about how HCG sucks.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just had McDonald's for lunch....Which means a light supper!
  • gnikki0
    gnikki0 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ad money keeps this place free, which is awesome. If an advertisement for McDonald's is all it takes to mess up a person's diet they're going to have a whole lot of struggles, because advertising is everywhere.

Though if I see an ad for bacon double cheeseburgers it eats at a part of my soul until I eventually cave. Everything in moderation! Even fast food garbage.

agree.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's just ad space.

Besides, don't most McD's have a healthy range now? We have a range of salad and wraps at our one. Even going to a fast food store is no excuse to eat unhealthy these days.
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know they need to sell ad space, but I just think that is really poor taste. That's like the American Lung Association selling ad space to Marlboro.......
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    McDonalds oatmeal and fruit & yogurt parfaits are OK.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't control the advertising. The ads are hosted by google, and they advertise based on things you comment on and search for on the internet. So if you post "Mcdonalds sucks," the ad software just reads McDonalds and decides to give you an ad on that. That's why at one point I was getting a lot of HCG related ads, because I posted a lot about how HCG sucks.

Yup, everyone on this thread should prepare for more McDonald's ads. Unless you have AdBlock.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

^^^ this ^^^

Mine is presently showing ads for a department store I just looked at online & TRX training. Your ads are tailored based on your Internet activity, not MFP's choice.
  • JakeMallory
    Options
    Someone needs an ad-blocker. I don't see any ads on MFP :)
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Someone needs an ad-blocker. I don't see any ads on MFP :)

^^ This! It's glorious.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options

Yup... Lately I have been doing a lot of googling for RC helicopters and every ad I see is about RC helicopters..
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Amen:)
    :wink:
  • surgesilk
    Options
    Nothing wrong with McDonalds if that's what you want. Pretty sure we are all adults here and can make our own decisions.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Most my ads are haunt and make up related. I work at one and search alot of FX sites.