I WANT PIZZA!

Options

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Open Nature frozen pizza if you're looking for something easy.

Also, I take a chicken breast and slice it down the middle almost all the way through then pound it out flat and bake. Top it with whatever you would normally top your pizza with.
  • CrystalBailey04
    Options
    I LOVE pizza and would typically eat pizza a least once a week. I have found that by using Flatout bread I can make a thin crust pizza with lots of veggies & turkey pepperoni and a little cheese that it does fill the void... And it's only 281 calories for the whole pizza. Very filling, super quick & easy and my husband loves them too!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Healthy pizza: not worth it.
    Just eat pizza. Fit it in. You can do it.

For the most part I agree with this- everything in moderation is my mantra. If you are worried though that it will send you off the deep end to have regular pizza, then make your own. I use a Flatout, some diced chicken breast, saute some veggies (whatever you like: onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc) and some gorgonzola or goat cheese. Spray the Flatout with olive oil cooking spray (or a misto filled with olive oil) and bake for about 8 minutes. A little dry but really tasty. (in the interest of full disclosure-I don't love pizza-I ate my lifetime limit of it in college when we had Domino's on speed dial)
  • kjobb78
    Options
    Try the frozen french bread pizzas. The Red Barron Pepperoni Pizza is only 360 or 390 (can't remember which).:smile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I actually bought those Flat-Out! Pita flat-breads, schmear marinara and mozzarella cheese, top with turkey pepperoni. Bake it until it's crispy like a cracker thin crust. Eat the whole thing, they are pretty large... still probably under 350cals.

I am a pizza FIEND and this satisfied me.

Also, english muffin pizzas are the best!! I toast the english muffin a little before adding marinara, cheese and toppings, then toast again. Can't have your muffin getting soggy!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphys makes delicious DeLite pizzas. I like thier Chicken Bacon Artichoke DeLite. Its about 210 calories for a slice. Its a good option for the whole family.... There are lower calories pizzas they make then the chicken bacon ones.

http://papamurphys.com/OurMenu/Overview/Pizzas/deLITE/ChickenBaconArtichoke
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    Yeah i am with the ones who say eat the pizza! Unless the healthy stuff feels the void for you. You can have a slice of pizza or two, you just don't have to eat a whole pizza. But how ever much you want to eat work it in, eating less through out the day or having some extra workouts. My personal trainer is fit and healthy she told me this as well and eats pizza all the time herself.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Tonight's Thursday, so it's pizza night.
    I go by Walmart and buy a thin-crust u-bake pizza.
    My wife and I eat a sixth, or two, or 3. It's delicious.
    We log it at 330/slice, or whatever it is,and go forward, maybe run an extra lap or two.
    Now sometimes, we make little flatout pizzas with low-fat cheese, turkey pepperoni, etc.
    But not tonight, because it is Thursday, pizza night, REAL pizza night.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Healthy pizza: not worth it.
    Just eat pizza. Fit it in. You can do it.

Times infinity.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Also Papa Murphy's "DeLite"s are yummy.

Yes they are! I'm addicted, mainly because they are not healthy! Their stuffed crust is good too! The Big Murphy has veggies on it, so that makes it healthy, right?
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I made this pizza with a flat out crust with turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage! YUM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgVOvfg3tcM
  • tiffne86
    tiffne86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the Papa Murphy's DeLITE Veggie pizza.
  • foodjunkie26
    Options
    I just ate 3 slices of Little Caesars pizza. One cheese and 2 Pepperoni. The calories and carbs wern't that bad. If I know i'm having pizza I just add in cleaning on my exercise and enjoy:)
  • foodjunkie26
    Options
    Little Caesars cheese pizza 250 calories and 32 grams of carbs
  • PatriciaB623
    Options
    I had a Smart Ones - Artisan Creations Pepperoni...and it was very good, satisfied my graving for pizza.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    I like to make my own, it is so much better for you. I use thin sliced french bread and measure my sauce, use as many vegies as I can pile on, and a slice of canadian bacon then top it with a little part skim mozzarella. It makes a great lunch and satisfies the craving for pizza!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for this tip this is great for when I want to be "bad" ; )
    Pizza Hut Personal pan Pizza

6" Personal Pan Pizza® Whole pizza

Cheese Only 590
    Pepperoni 610
    Supreme 720
    Pepperoni & Mushroom 570
    Italian Sausage & Red Onion 690
    Ham & Pineapple 550
    Veggie Lover's 550
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love pizza! Tomorrow I plan to make myself a healthy pizza. Basically I will make the base from scratch and make a really thin base, passata, olives, onions, peppers, mushrooms and then some cheese. Really the worst thing with a pizza is when it has a thick base and is covered in cheese.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've made the cauliflower pizza crust, good- but ver time consuming. I like to use Joesph's bakery lavash bread, spread some sauce, lots of veggies and some part skim mozzarella on it and wah lah- it's easy decent pizza :)
  • kelipso7
    Options
    Pizza hut has a Fit N Delicious pizza there are different ones but its like 140 to 200 a slice (medium Pizza) depending on which one you get. Go to Pizza huts page and at the very botton in small print there is nutrition. It is also in my fitness pal's data base. i had the ham, pineapple and tomatoes it was really good. (160 a slice)