Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm italian and you don't know how hard it is not to eat pizza :(
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I know people are smack talking "healthy" pizzas but I've made little pizzas on eggplant and zucchini slices and they are crazy good. hit the veg with a little oil (or oil spray) and salt and pepper, broil each side for about 2 minutes, then top it with whatever you want. THEY'RE DELICIOUS. Last time I didn't have cheese but I made my own pasta sauce and mixed in onions and tuna. To die for. And they don't leave you with that greasy feeling
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've gone to my grocery store & purchased whole wheat pizza dough in the bakery and used low sodium sauce then topped with whatever I choose. I like mozzerella, basil leaves, turkey bacon, onions, & peppers.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No I'm telling you guys, Stefano Foods Whole Wheat Pizza Dough!! I find it in the deli department at Food Lion. Just oil a pan, spread out the dough, top it, and bake for 20 min at 450. YOU CANNOT TELL IT'S WHOLE WHEAT!! I'm serious. I buy all my Food Lion has put out when I go and my freezer is stocked! We have it every Friday night and top it with all kinds of stuff!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i made my own using wheat dough (from the grocery story)

sauce was 30 calories a cup or something like that

cheese - you can control - buy low fat

toppings - i had to use pepperoni but put whatever you want on it.

making it yourself is probably the best way to go because you can control the calories
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I had 7 slices of pizza last night, its ok to eat pizza - just not every night!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree. I literally feel sick after eating pizza. It's like it just sits in my stomach like my body doesn't know how to digest it. LOL It's super yummy I agree, but I feel horrible afterwards! Good Luck, and don't beat yourself up over one splurge!
    Pizza Hut Deep Dish!! Its so healthy you can taste it in your mouth already!!

Pizza hut is about the equivalent to eating greasy vomit. I hope the OP chooses wiser.

lmfao!
  • ssk1129
    ssk1129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pizza is actually my favorite food! If I eat a light breakfast and lunch AND complete about 30 minutes of cardio, I can eat 2 slices for dinner. Just make sure it's plain pizza so you don't add extra calories with toppings!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I buy the thin crust already made hanging on the shelf pizza crust, use organic all natural pizza sauce (a tablespoon or so), 1/4 mozz cheese and any topping I want all for less than 400 cals (depending on your toppings) I love it and I can still lose weight eating PIZZA!!!!!

ETA This is for a WHOLE 8" personal sized pizza..not just a slice or two.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Okay, so right now I really just want some pizza!!

Any suggestions for some "healthy" pizza? I know there are some frozen options out there but I am not a big frozen food type person and don't like mushrooms or tomatoes.

I would love a good recipe for dough/sauce that doesn't kill the calorie and carb count for the day!

HELP!!

cauliflower pizza (google it)
    chicken and veggies seems to go best in my opinion.
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    We get food for life brown rice tortillas (130 calories) for the crust and top it with a little sauce and veggies.
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Maybe a Lean Cuisine french bread pizza? It tastes good but you can't go back for more because it's over pretty quickly :)

Agreed! I enjoy once a month & find it delicious & very satisfying. I usually top it with steamed veggies.
  • ToBeSmaller
    Options
    Totally agree on Cauliflower crust. TIME CONSUMING, not to mention, messy as hell (i didn't have a food processor my first time around so i riced it using a cheese grader - CAULIFLOWER EVERYWHERE).

Made Buffalo chicken pizza with the cauliflower crust. Given that it tasted so good i ate damn near every pizza that came out of the oven - that probably negated the fact that it was a "healthier" pizza.

I say do what you feel on any given day. You want to go all out and have the time to make it then make it. If you don't - buy it, enjoy it and move on!
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza, eat it. If you want pizza but don't want to feel gross from all the grease and whatnot, make your own or get something like a Papa Murphy's deLITE pizza (I used to eat the veggie one all the time). I would eat pizza all day if I could. I make my own pizzas fairly often, and just load them up with whatever vegetables I want. After looking at this post last night, I had to go make myself a pizza with hummus, parsley, tomatoes, and onions. Mmm, if only I'd had some artichokes too...
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    If you want Pizza go get it. its not eating what you like its just eating a smaller portion then you use to. so if you use to eat 5 pieces then only eat 2. Another option is i know here in Michigan a few of our pizza places like Jets (my favorite) have lunch specials so you can get 2 pieces and a pop (or in my case water) for like $5.00. That way I'm not tempted to eat more then i should
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Don't deprive yourself of your favorite foods- you'll only end up bingeing when you get the chance.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I am eating pizza right now :-) 380 calories of goodness :-) my own little pizza
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sauce doesn't have to have that many calories at all since it is just supposed to be tomatoes. If you want a low-cal idea for a crust, I sometimes bake a pizza on top of a low-cal pita. It is thin, but still have a doughy texture once it is cooked, and you can put on whatever toppings you like. If you don't use much meat, the pizza will only work out to be a little over 300 calories.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use pita pockets cut in half to make 2 pizzas with ragu pizza snack sauce and shredded marble cheese and mini pepperoni's... bake 400 just until cheese melts . So yummy even my kids and husband likes them

I use pitta bread too! low cals, and then put whatever on top!
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pitta as I said above, smooth on some tomato puree, (Mix in some Garlic....) is pretty low, peppers, red onions, chicken or bacon/ even splurge your calories of a bit of pepperoni! YUM! g