Best Cheat Day ever!

Options

Replies

• DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well since I am seeking to build muscle and am very small, I do my cheat days BIG. My biggest one ever was I ate all my healthy food up till dessert after dinner... then I had a dessert called Chocolate Perversion which was this huge brownie, covered in chocolate mousse, covered in chocolate ice cream, covered in whipped cream. It was about a foot tall! Then I went to the movies and had a box of Resses pieces (3 servings) a box of gummy worms (3 servings) and a box of Milk Duds (3.5 servings)... then I got home and had some gluten free cookies.. then passed out! Lol. And I didnt even gain a pound!!!!

Easter I ate candy all day and then had a pint of ice cream with more candy at night.

And tomorrow I plan on having a whole box of mac n cheese for dinner, endless chocolate and candy during a movie with a friend, and then a pint of cookie dough ice cream with some more candy and whipped cream before bed.

:)

When I do it weekly, I do it big. And the metabolic benefits are huge... I know the science... I'm a personal trainer. And cheat days are a heaven sent gift from above for those of us who eat perfectly and train hard 6 days per week.

I just had my cheat day and feel a bit sick eating all that junk, but this post makes me feel so much better and reminds me why I have a cheat day ;D
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Currently, as I'm typing, I'm eating a magnum ice-cream. It's a bit bitter though but I'll finish it :laugh:
  • jconnors2012
    jconnors2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow planning a trip to Pizza Hut, who knows what they will bring :)
  • DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you can't go too big on a cheat day. Just eat what you want when you want, don't count calories, and get back on the program with clean eating and exercising the next day, for the rest of the week. And yes, I will explain the metabolic benefits.

The benefits of cheat days are many, and while the topic is controversial in the health and fitness field, there are many metabolic benefits of taking one, as well as phycological benefits as well. Here's why cheat days are good...

When you chronically eat a rigid diet, cutting your calories every day to lose weight, your body starts to slowly metabolically go into starvation mode, causing you to hold on to fat and burn less calories. It slows your metabolism down. Now given, in order to lose weight, you need to cut calories. But over-doing it can start to work against you. Taking a cheat day and causing a major surplus of calories in your body shocks and resets your metabolism and shows your body that your not starving after all and that it can release its fat stores for energy. Also, chronic dieting causes your leptin levels (the hormone that causes you to feel full after eating) to lower, increasing your cravings. Taking one day of the week to eat high carby, fatty foods, ie foods not typically in your diet increases these leptin levels, helping you to have more control in the week.

And about losing momentum, or feeling crappy after taking a cheat day, consider this. I DO NOT like the way I feel on my cheat days!! By the end of the day, I most assuredly go into sugar hangovers, and it reminds me of just how good I feel when I eat perfectly clean the rest of the week. Almost every cheat day I've taken now, by the end of the day I'm thinking, "Wow, I'm craving brown rice..." Lol.

Also, cheat days are fun and it gives you some wiggle room in your mind for pleasure in the foods you love. Throughout the week, if you have a major craving for macaroni and cheese, instead of denying yourself, just save it for your free day. Having a free day after a good week of clean eating and training gives you incentive to work harder and eat cleaner throughout the week, and also gives you something to look forward to. The trick is to keep it to a cheat day. The rest of the week, eat as clean as possible and exercise regularly. If you do take a cheat day, one note- the next day you will have water retention and bloat, and your weight will be up, but don't worry... it will go back down within 1-2 days. It's just water retention.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, I'm always here to answer them!

Have a happy healthy weekend!

Alese :)

Best post ever =)
  • diybride
    diybride Posts: 16
    Options
    BBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    McDonald's Egg McMuffin ham and cheese
    Kentucky Fried Chicken and Potato wedges
    Fried Chicken and Homemade French Fries
    Red Velvet Cake/Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!!!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese fries and a guiness... mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Im having my first cheat day this friday for my birthday, plan to make it a weekly thing after that. Im SO excited, ive already made a list of things im going to eat haha.

Cheese & potato pie with baked beans, chocolate, cookies, Dr pepper, ben and jerrys, popcorn, AND of course washed down with some alcohol (being my birthday n'all)

i dont think ive ever been this excited about food lol
  • microburst20
    Options
    I eat fried and saucy chinese take out on cheat days. I try to keep my cheat days down to every couple of weeks. I take a break from tracking that day too.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My best cheat day was at Red Lobster this month for dinner. I had 4 buffalo wings, 4 mozzarella sticks, 1 cheddar cheese biscuit, salad, broccoli,a baked potato, and seafood stuffed tilapia topped with lobster and butter sauce. It was delicious and I was only about 200 cals over my daily goal because I ate smaller, healhier meals for breakfast and lunch.
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but almost all of these "cheat meals" that everyone is describing, DO NOT sound at all like cheat meals! It sounds like binge eating, which is a sign of an eating disorder. In my opinion, a cheat meal is ONE meal in which you eat something that usually is off limits (a few pieces of pizza OR a cheeseburger and some fries)....eating 3,000 calories in one sitting and consuming massive quantities of restaurant food over the course an entire day describes binging!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I started watching my calories and nutrition on November 20th. Believe it or not, the closest I came to "cheating" was last week when I purposely ate 500 calories over my daily 1600 calorie budget. I just felt like my body was telling me something and I decided to listen. It was the same healthy food I always eat.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but almost all of these "cheat meals" that everyone is describing, DO NOT sound at all like cheat meals! It sounds like binge eating, which is a sign of an eating disorder. In my opinion, a cheat meal is ONE meal in which you eat something that usually is off limits (a few pieces of pizza OR a cheeseburger and some fries)....eating 3,000 calories in one sitting and consuming massive quantities of restaurant food over the course an entire day describes binging!

I'm not so sure about that, my feeling is that binging is an emotional response to a stressor, and is usually followed by guilt (which usually involves purging or laxatives). None of these responses are indicative of anyone being emotionally unstable, or have expressed guilt afterwards.

It's my unprofessional opinion that they are all just fine ;)
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chili cheese fries from Fuddruckers. Worth every single calorie.

I have plenty of cheat meals but those fries were beyond anything I usually allow myself. I tend to eat what I want when I want, but usually have guilt. Zero guilt on those fries. I was in heaven. My husband came up to me and said "Can I have one?" HAH!
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My best cheat day (I spike so have a spike day every week) I had:

big stack of pancakes with butter and strawberry syrup
    thick bacon (3 pieces)

deep fried chicken strips and deep fried french fries with ranch for dipping (and cheddar melted on the fries)

2 glazed donuts

a few pieces of pizza hut meat lovers pizza and a few pieces of pizza hut stuffed crust pizza with pepperoni, mushroom and extra cheese and two cheese sticks with garlic butter dipping sauce.

an ice cream sandwich

4 homemade strawberry kiwi margaritas (made with vodka instead of tequila) and the rim of the glasses crusted with sugar in the raw.

When I spike I go all out hehe and am so happy and have almost zero cravings for the whole next week.....when I did this particular spike day (i outdid myself) I lost 5 pounds..I was shocked to say the least, but it made me a rock-solid beleiver in Spike days. :smile:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    There is an Argentinian restaurant in my town that has been having a special for the last few weeks....and I've gone there twice in 2 months. I do 1 cheat meal a month. Haven't done a whole cheat day.

ALL YOU CAN EAT TAPAS!!!! And I eat, and eat, and eat. Potato salad, peppercorn steak with veggies (usually 3 orders of this or more--it's tapas so they are small orders), chorizo stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon wrapped plantains, crabmeat bechemel on toasts, the best garlic/olive oil/veggie put on french bread (we call it CRACK)!!! And so much more.

Hmmmm......my friend who normally goes with me just got lap band (trying not to judge but in the less than 1 year since she gained the weight and decided to do lap band I've lost almost 35lbs and she's continued to gain) and won't go with me again for 2 years. Gotta find a new friend.
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    love this thread! having my cheat day today, feeling a bit sick now, but oh well. i wanted this chocolate cake, ive been saving myself for it for a week and now i feel too full to have it! pretty dissapointing, i mean i could force myself to eat it... but then i am worried tomorrow i will wanna have it since i didnt have it on my cheat day
    just wondering, what do you do after cheat days? like do you restrict or anything?
  • diybride
    diybride Posts: 16
    Options
    I have binge eating disorder and that is something completely different.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell is actually my biggest downfall. My last cheat day was three days ago when I ate two bean burritos. They were delicious!
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago I went on a mega-binge and had 4 pieces of KFC chicken plus a bag and a half of fries. I had already eaten a good breakfast and lunch that day. I did NOT feel good afterwards! :o

Natalie x