So frustrated i'm in tears!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• cassblue21
    Options

My beloved stress reliever Mt. Dew is the most attacked thing!!! LOL I know it's so evil, and such a horrible vice if I want to be healthy. I got some Dr. Pepper 10 and am going to use that to cut the MD. It's not a perfect solution and still has lots of chemicals and crap in it, but it's a start as I work to just water.

You can lose the weight with the pop. Just cut WAY back on it. I drink a dr pepper once every few weeks now when I used to drink it daily! :) I say its easiest to cut back on the size, either get the small cans, or a 2 liter and make sure you are putting it in a really small cup each time. I have known several people who have not cut it out and still manage to get the weight off. I will say though to hear the trainer at my gym talk about pop I can barely drink it anymore at all! Your body can handle the sugar and the caffeine in it but it the co2 gas they pump into it to make the carbonation that is so harmful for your body. And one can of anything carbonated will stay in your muscles and blood stream for 5-7 days making your body work harder to get healthy.
    That said I see him daily and he knows I have one every now and again but he doesn't preach on me about it since he has already explained at my T.O.P.S meetings twice! :p Made me willing to cut back drastically though! lol
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here! We all know how frustrating it can be when embarking on a weight loss journey. Learning how to eat and exercise right can take time. It sounds to me like you are definitely on the right track. Keep doing what you're doing and don't let this frustration cause you to fall off track. The results will come if you keep at it. One day, in the near future, you will be several more pounds down and can look back at this post and laugh :laugh:

Keep up the good work...you are doing great and you will have success!
  • wanda_50
    Options
    I also have over 100 lbs to lose..115 to be exact. I am alot older than you and have no thyroid, which makes my metabolism extremely sluggish. There are definetly days that I just wanna give up because I have been doing this since Novemeber and only lost 17 lbs. But on the other hand I had to realize that I didnt gain this weight overnight and I am not gonna lose it overnight.
    You have to stick with it and you will see the lbs come off...just be patient.
    You can do it!!
  • bobbin1
    bobbin1 Posts: 60
    Options
    Add me to your friends list. I will be there for you.:flowerforyou:
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, mfp overestimates calories burned. So either invest in an HRM or underestimate how long you're doing something. Ie if you bike for 30 min, maybe log 20-25, just a thought. Good luck!
  • lildrako
    lildrako Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    try using splenda instead of sugar, it worked for me . i'm an ice tea drinker as you are mt dew. you could switch to diet mt dew . i weight in every week and yes there are weeks i lose nothing but don't give up...i don't get to a gym i use my stationary bike and walk.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    get over it and start one pound at a time and realize it takes time to lose weight. I have 170 to lose and since I have lost 40 I now have 130. Seriously. Quit crying and get to work. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Set a goal for 1-2 pounds per week. Exercise. Log your calories.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A great article that explains what might be going on in your body, especially at first, is here:

http://hussmanfitness.org/html/TSInsideOut.html

Like anything from helloitsdan, this is great. Thanks for sharing rickmckc.
  • roxxi227
    roxxi227 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts to see if this was covered but something else to add to the convo. Once you loose a couple pounds. Go back to your goals page. Open it and save it again. Even if you don't adjust your goals, MFP will adjust your new daily calorie intake needed for your new weight.
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts to see if this was covered but something else to add to the convo. Once you loose a couple pounds. Go back to your goals page. Open it and save it again. Even if you don't adjust your goals, MFP will adjust your new daily calorie intake needed for your new weight.

That is good info! I did not know that, but did go in and adj. some things and save and just noticed my cals went down a bit!

Thank you everyone, I appreciate all the support. I'm blessed to be on this journey with such wonderful inspirational people. I'm all done crying and ready to put in the work. I've gotten lots of perspective and it's just what I needed!
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A great article that explains what might be going on in your body, especially at first, is here:

http://hussmanfitness.org/html/TSInsideOut.html

This article was so helpful, i've bookmarked it to read again when i'm down. Thank you for sharing it!
  • RobbinRL
    Options
    Shalvors, Don't give up. One problem with us women is what our bodies do sometimes, like retaining water, naturally go up and down a few pounds every now and then, etc. I lost 2.8 whole pounds my first 8 days. Then I stayed right at 165 for 3 weeks. Then I finally lost 2.8 pounds last week. Now I'm just doing what I have been. It will catch up with you. Please don't let the little discourage you. You may add me to your friend list if you wish.
    Robbin
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Personally...your macros are just as important as staying within calorie goals. I dont think its a big deal going over on protein..but carbs..that may be the key...

Do yo have any health issues? If so..it may change the way you eat..it did for me..
  • RobbinRL
    Options
    I found another quote I love.......
    ..."they say it is easier to lose weight than it is to deal with being overweight"
    And it takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing. It takes 8 weeks for friends and family and it takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world. KEEP GOING.