.... a burned out Weight Watchers member!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Venus2011
    Options
    Be sure to start right!

Google Fat to Fit Radio Tools.
    Do the body fat calculator then BMR tool.
    Eat EXACTLY the amount of calories given per your activity factor and you will lose fat.
    Eat too low and you will lose muscle!
    Custom set MFP to 30% protein 40% carbs.
    Enjoy losing inches babe!

bump

:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Just passed my 20 consecutive days of logging. Lost 4lbs so far!

Happy 20th! Good job!
  • candie33
    candie33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Be sure to start right!

Google Fat to Fit Radio Tools.
    Do the body fat calculator then BMR tool.
    Eat EXACTLY the amount of calories given per your activity factor and you will lose fat.
    Eat too low and you will lose muscle!
    Custom set MFP to 30% protein 40% carbs.
    Enjoy losing inches babe!

Thanks
  • FoodMage
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • jmagner717
    jmagner717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the pay them! I have strugggled with weight because of this issue too. I like this site and I am banking on success this time!
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    I did lose what I wanted to on WW four years ago - but was very disappointed in the "leader" and she did nothing to teach me to maintain - with the point system it didn't make sense. With this it totally does. So far so good with MFP and looking forward to keeping those dollars in my pocket, too. IMHO, WW depends too much on processed foods (Lean cuisines, their snacks) and too much on carbs for the points. I'm finding that protein keeps me very full and I'm trying to cut out all processed fake stuff (although I do put splenda in my coffee). We're doing good, y'all!
  • happygerbera
    Options
    I totally understand about the ww thing. I lost all my weight with ww but struggled to maintain it. I have got hold of a book called fat chance, its like a tool book, each day gives you challenges to look within yourself for the answers. Not a diet book. I just follow the food pyramid, and write down what I eat in a notebook at home here. I do browse the message boards though and find thats great for me. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • AblazeRiver
    AblazeRiver Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WW is the biggest scam. You lose weight with the program in a very unhealthy way (when I did it, it was before PointsPLUS), I had 18 "points" or...roughly 900 calories a day. Then you can be a lifetime member for FREE....as long as your stay at your goal weight. Otherwise you have to pay for membership again. When you are on such a strict restriction, OF COURSE the weight is going to come back, no matter what, once you go back to living a real life. In addition, they really don't encourage exercise enough, except for walking. I quit, and the weight came back, and I've lost double the weight on MFP eating 1500-2000 calories and moving more.
  • MelodieRSA
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome link! Did the BMR calculator :-)
  • ejgballerina
    ejgballerina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Same here! I paid for WW for a year and it just is not for me. I've had more success with MFP in the past month than a year of WW!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I like WW in theory, but I just couldn't stick to it! Maybe because the focus was on a week versus day by day? I would feel like if I overate on one day or else didn't track it at all, that I had then screwed myself for the entire week and would throw in the towel.

I like that with MFP, you naturally take it day by day. And if you aren't getting the results you had hoped for, the onus is on you, and the control is in your own hands to evaluate your own efforts and then make the necessary adjustments. This is key to lasting term weight loss, in my opinion.