Worst negative comment about your weight?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    Well this is really bad and I never tell anyone this.Not sure why I am now really. But when I was in 6th grade I had a male teacher that was always drunk in class and would pass out at his desk. But when he was awake, he had this hatred of me for some reason. I was really shy. He abused me to no avail. He once said to the class, that he never had a student weigh more than him before me. Truthfully, I wasnt that heavy, maybe 15-20lbs more than others. But back then it was horrible. Geez, I am 50 years old and that still pains me. Hope he rots in hell.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ive heard it all... However one that bothered me recently was I went to McDonalds with my husband and kids sometime last year and we had bought $22 worth of food, including 2 happy meals and the person handing me the tray had the nerve to ask if all the food on the tray was for me :noway:
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The one that gets me is "you're pretty even though you're a bigger girl". Thanks for that. I'm pretty in spite of being a heifer. That one really upsets me more than being called fat I think!

EDIT: Also, if people as if I'm pregnant, I always just tell them it's a food baby. The shock on their face that I'm so upfront about it totally makes me feel better!

Imao @ food baby. I wish I could think of things like that usually I'm too embarrassed or shocked to say anything witty.
  • SweetEpiphany
    SweetEpiphany Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, and this topic really stuck out to me, so this is my first post.

About 2 years ago, my mom told me she thought my being overwieght was the reason I had not been hired by a few employers I interviewed with. She said this to me during a my last year of law school, which was a stressful time. I was hurt and shocked, especially considering she had been laid off in the last 5 years and everyone knows we are in a recession. I've always been smart, engaging, and a hard worker, regardless of my weight. The stress of law school is what contributed to a lot of the weight I had gained. I couldn't believe my own mother was overlooking all of my good qualities and thinking none of that mattered because of my weight. It made me wonder what she really sees when she looks at me. Shortly after that conversation I was hired by the company I really wanted to work for, and she was laid off by her company. I would never wish ill on my mother, but I couldn't ignore the irony of that situation.
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Ex boyfriends. One refused to tell his parents, his brother, or any of his friends that we were dating, was never seen in public with me, never once complimented me on anything, and the last month of our relationship he didn't speak to me at all.

The other told me after we started dating that he was a chubby chaser. But constantly bugged me to lose weight and clear up my acne. This is coming from a dude who ate 4 fudge rounds and bags of chips for lunch!

So I've been left with severe self-esteem issues. My current boyfriend isn't doing much better than the first one I mentioned and I'm trying to think of a way to end it with the least amount of hurt. I know it's not necessarily a healthy goal, but I want to look better so this ^ stops happening.

There is no easy way out of a relationship: You break up or you die. Feelings get hurt. And he's hurting yours already. Stop letting guys treat you this way. It's better to be lonely than have someone treat you badly don't you think? Your boyfriend is supposed to be nice to you. That's the rules...
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You're a good looking girl but if you lost weight you'd be beautiful.... Thanks (mother)

You're too fat for sex (ex boyfriend trying to "motivate" me to lose weight)

You're skin on your face is stretching so your pores look huge!! (mother again)

Yeah... my Mom and Dad both have done similar.
    "You'd be so much pretty if you lost some weight." OR While eating something.... You don't really need that. You are packng on the lbs.

Family are GREAT!

All the while NONE of them have a problem with their weight!
    GEEZ!!!!
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I was 15 I had my first job at a restaurant. There was a deaf man, probably in his 60's who would come in almost every day and make fun of me using hand gestures. He would puff out his cheeks and hold his arms out to show how big my stomach was, and then point to the other girls and make the hourglass gesture, to show how small and cute they were, and then he'd just laugh.

It was so much worse than the kids at school because I was just a kid, and here's this man who could have been my grandfather going out of his way to make fun of me.
  • omaconner
    omaconner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My sister called me to borrow some pants. Her exact words were, "I am getting fat, can I borrow some of your jeans?"
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My father says "I'm glad you have a boyfriend. I know it's hard getting guys to like you when you're a chubby girl."

And my mom says, "You should wear makeup every day. You're the biggest you've ever been and without makeup you don't look pretty. Do you want your boyfriend to break up with you?"

And then just the other day someone saw me with my newborn and put the connection together with a look from him, to me and a big "OooOooOohhhh..." like "oh, you weren't just REALLY fat, you were pregnant! I get it!"

And then there was always the teasing in grade school but I'm over that.
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I remember about 2 years ago, i had lost about 20 pounds and i went to visit my best friend, she lived in the another city and as soon as she saw me, she kept grabbing my butt saying oh wow, i can actually see your butt now. I just kept thinking what the heck did i look like before. And then i gained it all back and then some.

This just happened a few days ago.

After losing 40 pounds. I posted a picture on facebook & the same best friend that eats anything she wants and never gains a pound commented and her exact words were " WOW, you look so freaking cute, word up" then she proceeded to send me a message saying "you look so freaking sexy in ur pics, whats yo secret girl" implying that i only look good in my pictures but not in real life & i replied "thats because i am sexy, so it just naturally shows in my pics duhh" she laughed it off but it wasn't funny to me. But instead of dwelling on it, i took my butt the gym and sweated it out.

From reading everybody posts, family & friends are the worst ones but the best revenge is success. Make them eat their words.

10614423.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were at his Military picnic talking with some of his other buddies. We had our daughter with who was only about 6 or 7 months at the time. And one of his buddies makes the comment straight to my face and in front of everyone, "With Beattie being a fitness ninja, I thought his wife would be A LOT skinnier!!....." (He saw the shocked look on my face and quickly added), "Oh, but I'd still do you." I was so offended!!! I held it together and just said, "I just had a baby a**hole!"
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    OH I forgot about this one. When I was in 4th grade these High School kids that were my neighbors called me "Smurf-Fat". B/C my family was poor and all I had to wear that day was blue sweat pants and sweatshirt. They called me that up till they graduated and moved away. They have apologize since then but it was very hurting. My mom always made fun of me growing up. We don't have a relationship till this day. :-(

14835965.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm so sorry! No one deserves that.
  • shangrila3
    Options
    My husbands cousins child ask me if I was his mother !:noway:
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My brother was afraid if I borrowed his mid-calf high Nike socks I would stretch them out with my massive calves.
    My mom would remind me every day that my clothes were too tight, too small and unflattering on me.
    My male best friend said I needed to lose that little belly of mine, and I'd be beautiful if I was thinner and taller.
    My female best friend always rubbed it in that she was thinner. So. Many. Times.
  • cjhamh
    cjhamh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I remember in high school, some of my closest friends sat around a table and was talking about how big my butt was. One of them actually told me about it. It was really upsetting and for the most part, if I remember correctly, they weren't small either. Most of us are still friends, but it really hurt.

I was also called "Ele" short for elephant by a guy in my class too!

I've lost 40lbs in a year, since I've had my daughter. Now I get, you look too skinny. You need to eat more. OR your boobs are too small to be nursing. I feel like I can't win either way even, but the difference now is I am loving how I feel and the body I have. I finally fit into a size 8 and can keep up with my 3 & 1 year old with no problem!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Am I reading it right that you started at 114 and are working to get down to 100 lbs?? How anyone could justify those comments to someone weighing 114 is beyond me. Honey, you don't need to lose any weight.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Your hot now but if you lost weight you would be bangin' (exboyfriend, daughters dad)
    I don't really consider that comment all that harsh. Not worded great, but the general jist of it is fine. If you're overweight, it's generally pretty true that you would be hotTER if you lost weight!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Mine actually came from my 5 year old daughter and it was said after I'd started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year. She'd been learning about animals that live in cold climates and how polar bears have blubber to help keep them warm. My sweet darling little girl, in all of her infinite honest 5 year old wisdom, informed me that I have blubber like polar bears. I didn't take it to heart because I know she's 5 and didn't mean to hurt my feelings with her words and that I'm already losing weight and am motivated to make it through to the end of my journey and to keep it off.
  • pammyjo6
    pammyjo6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At a family gathering, my 9 year old grandaughter said, Nany, how long have you been fat? At first it took my breath away because I never expected to hear that from her, but then decided this is when little girls begin worrying about body image, and it motivated me to try to do something about it. That was 40 lbs. ago, but I have much more to lose and I have her to be thankful for motivating me.
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    When I was asked when my baby was due, by more than one person. I was horrified as I wasn't even pregnant.