What do you put on pancakes?

Options
12346»

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    REAL maple syrup from my husbands friends farm! I dont put anything fake on them. But we only eat them 2-3 times a year.
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Good old fashioned real maple syrup. I experimented with other syrups but decided a list full of wacky words wasn't worth the trade off and that maple syrup is totally worth the sugar for me. It's not like it's something I use every day and I only use a tablespoon when I do, and it's really too expensive to go nuts with, so I decided to just let that be one of my little indulgences. :)
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love to put fruit preserves on my pancakes.
  • bodybizgal
    Options
    Pancakes are the best. I make them with whole wheat, oatmeal and a scoop of protein powder. Then i add fruit on hand. Blueberries, bananas, whatever I have. They come out to 140 calories per pancake. They are so great and because of the protein they fill me up. They are very thick and hearty from the oatmeal. Also, I add 1/2 teaspoon of REAL maple syrup. Why skimp? If you are eating pancakes ENJOY! It's a Sunday ritual for me; Run then eat my pancakes. Great way to start the day.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    My fave is:

Spinach
    Chopped up orange segments
    Cottage cheese
    Drizzle of agave syrup

I like making oatbran pancakes or wholemeal and flax pancakes

Mmmmm
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love pancakes & waffles. I cut up an apple and mix in with the batter- it adds a nice taste to the pancake. If you want a nice lemon square taste. Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar over the pancake with a drizzle of lemon juice. Wow, now that is worth writing about! I also like pure maple syrup. I use that instead of sugar substitutes. Still don't know if I am totally sold on sugar free yet, so I do allow myself honey and maple syrup occasionaly. I tried the agave syrup and just don't like the flavour. Too me it's all sugar.

Whole grain crepes are good too with all the toppings that were mentioned in previous posts.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Take a tablespoon of peanut butter and a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Add just a dash of hot water, mix it all together and drizzle it over all the pancakes.
    I say eat what you love, just smarten it up a bit ;)

This! Yum!!!
  • amyellenherbert
    amyellenherbert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fruit compote
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i use sugar free syrup! :) wayyy lower in calories compared to regular. sometimes, i'll add a banana or blueberries!
  • gssibley
    gssibley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Natural, unsweetened applesause. It tastes good and can be used as an oil substitute for cakes, etc as well.
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fruit yogurt! It's sweet and won't add a ton of empty calories. And so many flavors to choose from!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    cheddar cheese and an egg. You won't miss the sweet!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use all natural apple butter (low cal and no artificial anything) and then measure out real maple syrup. As long as it's in moderation and you account for it, you should still enjoy :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    -Sugar Free Jelly. Normally 10 calories a tbsp.
    -You could also try fat free whipped cream & some fresh strawberries.
    -Soften some apples in a skillet with some cinnamon & top the pancakes with them.
    -Organic apple sauce
    -Whipped Yogurt
    -Light or Sugar Free syrup
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Pancakes are the best. I make them with whole wheat, oatmeal and a scoop of protein powder. Then i add fruit on hand. Blueberries, bananas, whatever I have. They come out to 140 calories per pancake. They are so great and because of the protein they fill me up. They are very thick and hearty from the oatmeal. Also, I add 1/2 teaspoon of REAL maple syrup. Why skimp? If you are eating pancakes ENJOY! It's a Sunday ritual for me; Run then eat my pancakes. Great way to start the day.

1/2 a teaspoon? I think that counts as major skimping! Lol.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I make whole wheat pancakes (and freeze for heating up in the microwave for weekday mornings). We top ours with peanut butter that melts since the pancakes are warm. Super yummy & filling!
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    frozen berries (any kind) nuked or in saucepan and add a little agave or honey. hmm hmm good!