Replies

• clarinh0
    Options
    Monday: 35 mins stepper machine and 25 mins strength training
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: 35 mins stepper machine and 25 mins strength traning
    Thursday: 40 mins crosstrainer and 20 mins strenght training
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday/Sunday: One day 35 mins stepper machine and 25 mins strength training. The other day rest.

I also cycle to and from work half hour/day.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days a week normally:

Monday: Cardio 1 Hour
    Tuesday: Weights/Lifting 30 Mins and 30 Mins Cardio
    Wed: Cardio 1 Hour
    Thursday: Weights/Lifting 30 Mins and 30 Mins Cardio
    Friday: Cardio 1 Hour

Either Sat/Sunday: 45-1 Hour Weights/Lifting, 30 Mins to 1 Hour Cardio
    Either Sat/Sunday: Rest Day
  • bethwindel
    Options
    M/W/F - small group training 10AM...do mostly circuit training/cross-fit type stuff (45-60 mins)
    M/F early AM - turbo kick class (45-60 mins)
    T/TH/Sat - running, normally 3-4 miles, but now training for half marathon so that varies.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    M,W,F am: Jillian Micheals 30 day shred level 2
    pm: C25K on treadmill and 30 min elliptical

T: JM's Shred it with weights

Sat/Sun: JM's Shred it with weight and yoga meltdown

I do a lot of Jillian Micheals, i know, but it works for me.
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    I went to see my dr about losing weight. he told me to increase my cardio to and hour and a half 5 to 6 times a week. Ive been doing it. This is what my gym time looks like. I go Monday thru Friday in the AM, i do 30 min elliptical, 30 min stationary bike, 30/45 min weight training, 30 min either treadmill or elliptical.
  • TimeToDoMe87
    Options
    I do..
    Mondays : elliptical 45 mins// 30ds
    Tuesdays: Bike for 35 mins // treadmill 15 mins // 30 ds
    Wednesday: Treadmill 1hr // 30ds
    Thursdays: elliptical 45 mins// 30ds
    Fridays: Rest
    Saturdays: elliptical 45 mins// bike 35 mins// walk 15 mins//30ds
    Sundays: Rest.
  • jaalexan27
    Options
    I currently workout six days a week because I'm doing a 10 week kickboxing boot camp. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are our actually kickboxing/cardio days whereas Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are our resistance training days. We use resistance bands and alternate between upper and lower body.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I run 2-3 miles, 2-3 times a week.
    I spin about 4x per week. When it's nice out I spin less but do invitational rides or leisure rides of 40+ miles on the weekends.
    Strength training 3-4 times a week. Blend of body weight exercises, free weights, machines.....

And for fun...depending on the season...I kayak, ice skate, snow shoe, hike, swim....
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week.

Monday - abs/legs (weights)
    Tuesday - zumba
    Wednesday - legs/glutes (weights)
    Thursday - spin
    Friday - upper body (weights)
    Saturday - rest day (but usually have high burn due to cleaning/chores/etc.)
    Sunday - kickboxing

I eat 1200 + 80% of exercise calories. Works out to between 1400-1500 calories a day.
    I am 51yrs old, 5'5", 154 lbs currently. I use a Fitbit to track calorie burns.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I did, trying to do it again, but we're about to move and the holidays happened, etc etc.
    I do workout videos from Crunch that stream on Netflix, cardio and weights at the gym, long walks/jogs throughout my neighborhood, ride my bike to the farm and back (usually I'm out for 1.5 hours maybe more). I also live near Valley Forge so my husband, friends, and parents go hiking there a lot. I like to mix it up or else I get bored and get stuck in a rut.
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I do 3 days of just 30 minutes to an hour of cardio on either the elliptical, arc trainer, rowing machine or joggin on the treadmill. 2 days I do 20 minutes of cardio and a weight training routine. Every Saturday morning I swim.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i work out 7 days a week. depends on what week i'm on, but some work outs are an hour long, others are as short as 15 min. i'm doing a hybrid schedule with P90X and TurboFire. i'm not using the ones they recommend or one that combines both programs in a week. my thought was really "ultimate" muscle confusion ( which is what tony is big on). so one week of P90X and then one week of TF. so far, i like it. my vanity is starting to get to me though, and i like the visible changes i see with TF!

with p90x i FEEL stronger and i know i am able to do more push ups, and ab work, and more reps or higher weights, but i don't SEE the changes in my body as much as with the intense cardio of TF. i can visibly see a loss with my pants getting loose...... so, i'm not sure how long i'll stick with week by week. i like to pull doubles some days too. so, i'll probably start adding TF to p90x days.

my actual schedules mirror the schedules BB sets up for both programs. you can google to find the schedules (i think)....... and typically, i work out at night, around 9p.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    my routine (6 days usually)
    Monday: chest ,shoulders,triceps
    tuesday: (rest)
    Wednesday: legs and abs + tennis
    Thursday: lats and biceps+ badminton
    Friday: chest ,shoulders,triceps+cardio (about 60mins)
    Saturday:upper traps and abs ( weird combo i know)
    sunday: lats and biceps
  • m2kh
    m2kh Posts: 17
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday = 45 min. elliptical & 21 min. bike
    Tuesday = 1 hour body works class (exercise with weights)
    Friday = 1 hour step class plus abs
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    M-W-F AM Boot Camp workouts (push ups, sit ups , sprints, fartleks, etc)
    M-W-F PM Convict Conditioning and a few reps w/ weights (just started this on Monday)
    T - Th or Sat AM run 4.5 miles (OK may be not run but jog / run)
  • teresab46970
    teresab46970 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday. I do strength training Mon, Wedns and Fri. I do Cardio everyday in the mornings and I walk everyday in theevenings. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing to much but I want to change "ME" so bad that I just keep pushing. I've been doing this since Jan. 24th and to this day I have lost 9 pounds. So that makes me feel good.
  • melie_gr
    Options
    Tuesday: run + strength (3-4 miles run + New Rules of Lifting for Women)
    Wednesday: speed/tempo run (4-5 miles)
    Thursday: run + strength (3-4 miles run + New Rules of Lifting for Women)
    Saturday: 60 min cross
    Sunday: long run anywhere from 6-10 miles depending on my training and race schedule
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday Bootcamp class (circuit training)
    Wednesdays Treadmill 30 minutes 5% incline 24 min/mile. Working my way up
    Weekends I also get on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do cardio all 5 days then w/o with my trainer twice a week,,,
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is my typical schedule...life happens, so schedule adjusts as needed:

Monday - Either Tae Bo DVD or Mixed Cardio (eliptical/bike/treadmill) at gym (at least 55 minutes)
    Tuesday - 1.5 hours Kung Fu
    Wednesday - 1 hour Kung Fu
    Thursday - Either Tae Bo DVD or Mixed Cardio (eliptical/bike/treadmill) at gym (at least 55 minutes)
    Friday - 1.5 hours Kung Fu
    Saturday and/or Sunday - Try to get at least an hour of an Xbox Kinect type game/workout in with the fam

In the summer, typically walk 3-5 miles daily M-F as well with the family.

Eating min of 1200 cals per day...on Kung Fu/Tae Bo days, average is closer to 1450.