Who works out 5 days a week?

Options

Replies

• cricket_0408
    cricket_0408 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mon-Friday - TaeBo (20 minutes) and 30 minutes (12.5-22 mph in intervals) on the bike and sometimes on Saturday.
  • offramp
    offramp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do Yoga in at 6am M-F, later in the day, I go to the gym and do some variation of a circuit routine, then 30+ minutes on a cardio machine, then I try to do at least 15 minutes of stretching at the end.

On Tuesdays and Thursday I do Classical Stretch, a ballet/pilates based workout that focuses on flexibility, range of motion and toning.

I try to go for a run on the weekend since the gym isn't open.

For my circuit routines, I started with a basic weight lifting routine that I got from a personal trainer years ago. Then I started mixing it up with more calisthenics moves with a bosu ball, from crossfit or P90X (my favorite workout video) to increase my muscle endurance.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Mondays: Core & abs class at 24hour fitness. Pretty much weigh training with cardio.
    Tuesdays & thursdays: Boxing @ a boxing gym
    Wednesday: Athletic Training class at 24hour fitness. Again weigh training with cardio. Or sometimes a video Jillian Micheals
    Fridays: Still looking for something but mainly bike to and from work, JM 30 Day shred or Xbox kinect Your Shape 2012
    Saturday: Strength & Conditioning class at boxing gym (weight Training)
    Sunday: Eliptical, treadmill or go for a 4 mile run. Going to start Turbo Kickboxing at 24hour fitness though because its fun.

Why I do what I do:
    1) I want to lose weight & get toned
    2) Weight training because I want to build muscle
    3) I enjoy it :)

7628060.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    p90x!
  • row30
    row30 Posts: 2
    Options
    I 4 classes a week , 3 Bokwa and one Zumba normally... feel much better for it , Bokwa is Fab !!!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    If you workout 5 days a week you're amazing and keep it up. Let me know what your routine looks like, Im a personal trainer so im interested in getting a lot of viewpoints on how and why people do what they do at the gym. Feel free to add me.

Sun: Chest & Tri's
    Mon: Legs
    Tue: Cardio and chin-ups
    Wed: Shoulders
    Thur: Deadlift and chin-ups
    Fri: Back (mostly upper back and lats)
    Sat: Cardio and chin-ups
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I do! I haven't read the 13 pages of this thread, so my workouts have probably already been mentioned. Some days I do 60 minutes of straight cardio (elliptical or Zumba), some days I do 30 minutes elliptical and my C25K plan. That's just at the gym. A couple of nights a week at home I add in Biggest Loser Bootcamp for some toning and my FIRM dvd with stability ball.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-7 times a week. Every day I do between 15-30 minutes of dance (Just Dance games on Wii) followed by a Supreme 90 Day DVD. Every ten days I rotate the dvd's but I do skip some days of the Supreme 90 Day and only do a few minutes of dance to give my body a break.
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My current workout is:

Monday - long cardio day - usually 40-50 minutes on the elliptical or running (depending on weather)
    Tuesday - Short Cardio - Lower Body Weight Routine A
    Wednesday - Short Cardio - Upper Body Weight Routine A
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Short Cardio - Lower Body Weight Routine B
    Saturday - Short Cardio - Upper Body Weight Routine B
    Sunday - Rest

Only been rockin' this for a couple of weeks now, though. So far, so good.
  • row30
    row30 Posts: 2
    Options
    Have none of you done Bokwa yet ??? x x
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Everyday I will do either a 60 min cross country preset interval on the treadmill or the stationary bike. I take at least one day rest from cardio, two if I do a heavy leg workout.

Weights usually goes as follows:

Monday: Chest - inclines and declines with free weights, pecs on fly machine; one week a month I add in flat bench
    Tuesday: Back - Lat pull-downs (3 wide grip, 2 close grip), seated cable rows, bent over rows, assisted chin ups, seated rows
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Shoulders - shoulder press machine, front raises, delt raises, delt fly, cable cross to fail
    Friday: Arms - bicep curls, hanging preacher curls, tricep push downs, tricep kickbacks, dip machine
    Saturday: Off, from both weights and cardio
    Sunday: Legs - curls, extensions, barbell squats, leg press, adductor machine, standing calf raises

At least 3 days a week I add in 2 sets of 20 knee raises, and 2 sets of 20 on crunch machine @ 20#
  • gbminigirl
    gbminigirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's my schedule:

Monday: rest...always

Tuesday: rest or 6 sets of 500m on the erg (rowing machine)

Wednesday: weight training program day + 3 miles stationary bike

Thursday: stretching program day and 6 sets of 500m on the erg

Friday: weight training program day + 3 miles stationary bike

Saturday: 10km+ rowing (1.5 - 3 hrs)

Sunday: group training day with trainer + 3 miles stationary bike

My crew team has a trainer that is trying to get us ready for sprint season. He has set programs for both the weight training and stretching that focus on power and balance exercises.
  • slayerdan
    Options
    6 days a week.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Powerstrike, Turbo Jam, and the Kenpo X dvd from P90X. I mix it up, depending on what I feel like doing when I get up in the morning.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    M-W-F

HIT 45min to hour

TU-TH

Walking 3.5 mph for an hour other wise weight s or boxing either with the weight bench or boxing sometimes boxing on the WII

For better healthy and now it is getting to be fun for me I am enjoying with people who are fun to work out with. Starting next month we will be switching things up not sure what we will be doing yet
  • mylildeva
    Options
    I do five days a week! Twice a day! Hate to miss...have finally forced myself to have Saturday and Sunday off but then I notice my energy levels are low :(
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I do the 30Day Shred 6 times weekly. I hit the gym 3-5 times weekly.

Before the 30 day shred (which I started mid January), gym workouts consisted of an hour on the elliptical and about 45 minutes of strength training.

Once I started the 30DS, I mostly only did cardio at the gym.

Now, however, I've been readying more about fitness, nutrition (I'm mostly primal now), and weight training, especially in the New Rules of Lifting for Women. So, Monday, I will be starting the following program:

Mon: Heavy lifting at gym in a.m., 30DS in evening
    Tues: 30DS in evening, sometimes followed by Kinect cardio games
    Wed: Heavy lifting at gym in a.m., 30DS in evening
    Thurs: 30DS in evening, sometimes followed by Kinect cardio games
    Wed: Heavy lifting at gym in a.m., 30DS in evening
    Sat: Cardio at gym, because I enjoy it
    Sun: rest

I've lost 21 pounds in less than 4 months, and I feel GREAT!!
  • Poobeeschmoo
    Poobeeschmoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix it up every week. I go running 3-4 times a week and do strength circuits every other day. If lifestyle choices count too, I try to walk or cycle everywhere I can and avoid taking the car.
    I do not use the gym but would like to add swimming to my list of activities. I'm a very weak swimmer though.
  • lysistrataNix
    lysistrataNix Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i do the 30 day shred 5 days a week and i go to the gym for and hour 6 days a week. I do 45min cardio and 15+ with strength.
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    I do at least 30 min. a day of cardio. Once in a while I take 1 day off, but usually 7 days a week. 2/3 times a week I weight train.