Realizing your S.O. was the 'one' :)

Options

Replies

• brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was in love with my husband before we even met. Literally. We fell in love over myspace lol. I don't remember any one moment where I realized he was the one. I just always knew.
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    PS-I am a sucker for romantic stories. Thanks to the OP for coming up with the topic and for everyone who shared their love story!
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my husband and i met in october of 2010.

my first impression of him was a playboy... well-off, tall, handsome, always going to parties and seemingly really popular with girls. we exchanged numbers but i thought nothing would come of it. well, soon enough, we were having texting marathons nearly every night of the week.

one day i invited him over for dinner and drinks. he was shocked at my cooking ability and the fact that i killed and cleaned a fish on my own for dinner that night. afterward, we went on several dates and hiking trips together. on his birthday at the end of november, i baked him a dozen adorable cupcakes. it was that day, november 30th, that he suddenly said "i think we should get married. i can't imagine being with anyone else."

one year later to the day, we got our wedding certificate <3
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Love at first sight. We had talked over the internet and were attending a conference together. Since he arrived first, he and a couple of the other guys came to pick me up at the airport, this was back before only passengers could get to the gates. Anyway I got off the plane and was walking down the hall and they were walking down the opposite side. And I thought "oh my god, I love that guy that's giggling" Then I found out that was my ride. So we all went to a british pub in Vegas for lunch after that and he and I have been together since. We both cried when he had to drop me off at the airport to go home. As soon as I got home I started applying for the college he went to and was moved 4 mos later. That was 13 yrs and 2 kids ago :-)

We frequent Vegas now(our 5 yo loves it there) and we always go back to that british pub!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE, including my own parents, said it would never last
    Yep - we got that.
    My own father said at our wedding, "I know your first wife; haven't met your second."
    In other words, she'd never stay married to a guy like me.:angry:

What a jack-*kitten*...
    We moved away and have cut my whole family out of our lives.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    We met at a works christmas party. he followed me around like a lost puppy all night.

he was living with someone, bad relationship, it had fizzled out, i was living with a guy who treated me like dirt.

we started having coffee as friends and fell in love, he kicked her out, i packed my stuff. we moved in together the day we became a couple and were engaged 3 months later. this July we will have been married 3 years.

im 27, everyone said it wouldnt last but he's my best friend, he drives me crazy but i love him anyway.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    We were matched by EHarmony on Christmas day of 2008, exchanged our first emails the first week of Jan, started talking on the phone every night Jan 7, our first in person date was Jan 31 (three years tomorrow!)- I knew the moment we touched when he walked in the restaurant- we were engaged April 23 and married Dec 19 of 2009-

When you know, you know!
  • Racheyj76
    Racheyj76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The first night we met!

We found each other randomly on a classifieds website I was looking for people to chat with online at the time. We chatted online for a couple of weeks before deciding to meet. The night we met I knew he was the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.. I even told people at work that I had "met the man I was going to marry last night". We were married within 5 months and now 5 children and 14 years later are still very much in love..

Rachel
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I knew my husband in high school - we actually dated for about 2 weeks over one summer. But when you are a Junior and your boyfriend is an incoming freshmen, that's a big thing in high school. Plus, my husband was clingy when he was young. So, I dumped him for someone else.

Fast forward to college - My high school boyfriend viciously dumped me in my first semester of college and I lost all my friends (because I made that stupid mistake you make when you are young and you give up everything for someone you think you love). I reached out to him via AIM just for someone to talk to. We spent the next few months talking.

Then, he invited me to visit him and go to a concert. I would see him every now and then, but we were only friends. Then on NYE 2001, we kissed for the first time and decided to try seeing each other, but with out exclusivity.

1.5 years later... how I knew he was it... the whole time we were getting more and more romantic, he never pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do. I was a virgin and he didn't want me to make a decision I would regret. Also, the entire time we were seeing each other w/out exclusivity he never dated anyone else, while I did.

We got married in 2007 - after 7 years of dating. We've been together 11 years now. He's my partner, my best friend, and to this day, still lets me be me. He is a person I would do anything for - and I know he would for me. :)
  • misscase
    Options
    I have to agree with what many have said- you just *know*.
    It's the weirdest feeling but somehow you just know. I have known since a few months in and regardless of the problems we've had, I've never doubted our relationship. It's just like something clicks inside you and you know.
    I dated someone before for 7.5 years and with him I was never sure and always wondered "how do you know?"
    Trust me, you'll know when its right. :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with what many have said- you just *know*.
    It's the weirdest feeling but somehow you just know. I have known since a few months in and regardless of the problems we've had, I've never doubted our relationship. It's just like something clicks inside you and you know.
    I dated someone before for 7.5 years and with him I was never sure and always wondered "how do you know?"
    Trust me, you'll know when its right. :)

I so agree!! My bf and I went through a rough patch the 2nd month we were together...initially he was very clingy and insecure because he had so little dating experience and was really floored by his feelings for me. But I had been just like that in my previous relationship (it lasted 3.5 years and I never 'knew') so I totally understood him to the point of reading his mind! Since then we are inseparable and I have never doubted us.
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    When did you realize it? How did you know?

My stepmom said she knew the minute she met my dad. Having just been through a bad divorce, my dad wasn't in that frame of mind initially, but around 4-6 months he said he realized it was going to work and last a very very long time. He told me this the other day while I was telling him about how my bf and I are doing (dad and I are really close). My beau and I have been together about 5 months. I was really screwed over before we started dating and took things really slowly at first. But now I have reached an incredible level of confidence in our relationship.

Just want to hear others' happy stories! :)

I was actually semi-dating (not serious) one of his friends and when we met I just "knew". Every time we'd all be sitting around talking he'd look right into my eyes it seemed. And he says he knew immediately he was going to marry me because I was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers crop t-shirt the first time he saw me. Ahhh... love at first sight, lol.

Oh and I wanted to add that we've been married 27 years!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When did you realize it? How did you know?

My stepmom said she knew the minute she met my dad. Having just been through a bad divorce, my dad wasn't in that frame of mind initially, but around 4-6 months he said he realized it was going to work and last a very very long time. He told me this the other day while I was telling him about how my bf and I are doing (dad and I are really close). My beau and I have been together about 5 months. I was really screwed over before we started dating and took things really slowly at first. But now I have reached an incredible level of confidence in our relationship.

Just want to hear others' happy stories! :)

I was actually semi-dating (not serious) one of his friends and when we met I just "knew". Every time we'd all be sitting around talking he'd look right into my eyes it seemed. And he says he knew immediately he was going to marry me because I was wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers crop t-shirt the first time he saw me. Ahhh... love at first sight, lol.

Oh and I wanted to add that we've been married 27 years!

Wow, awesome! The eye contact is really telling. :love:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I knew by our second date. He is just amazing, he completes me and I have ever had a man quite like him. I remember on our 4th date or so telling a friend of mine "I'm going to make him fall in love with me" not knowing at the time, he already had :smile: Three years later and we are getting married on the 29th of Feb :love: :smooched:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I knew, instantly. Once the connection was made, I didn't question a thing.

I've shared the story a billion times, but in the end... his gentle, accepting nature, his emotional stability (I'm an up and down kinda gal), his strength, his good values.... it all fit.

I knew we'd be together.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    When I mentioned that since he was military he wouldn't want a relationship, he said "that's not true".
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am afraid there are nothing but sad stories for me at the time.

Looking foward to the feeling of true and lasting love. I hear it is great. I certainly believe it is out there for me.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    As soon as she woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me the results of the pregnancy test she just took. I knew.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    As soon as she woke me up in the middle of the night and showed me the results of the pregnancy test she just took. I knew.

bwahahaha that's so wrong!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw his junk.