First Jobs

Options

Replies

• megancolleen
    Options
    My first job was at an local ice cream polar! I defiently tasted a lot that summer!!! I was 14!
  • megancolleen
    Options
    My first job was at an local ice cream polar! I defiently tasted a lot that summer!!! I was 14!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    McDonald's was my first job.

I started with toasting the buns, then worked up to cooking and then got on the cash register!!

I smelled like grease at the end of every day! :sick:

I did enjoy making the round eggs for the breakfast sandwiches though! :laugh:

I thought your first job was as ensign on the USS Enterprise?
    I will NEVER show anyone a photo of me as a little girl again!! It was the 70s!! give me a break!!! :angry:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My first job was at K-Mart - a new one opened here when I was 16, and I got one of the 200 available jobs out of 2000 applicants! Worked in Ladies Wear for almost a year. Boy, that brought back memories :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My first job was at K-Mart - a new one opened here when I was 16, and I got one of the 200 available jobs out of 2000 applicants! Worked in Ladies Wear for almost a year. Boy, that brought back memories :laugh:

Was the Blue Light Special still around then?

Yup!! I got to push the little cart to the area, announce the special over the loud speaker and stand there in the flashing blue light and tag items. :happy: Pretty heady stuff for a 16 year old. lol - Fortunately, I didn't develop a love for flashing blue lights shining on me, particularly when there's a red one next to it flashing also!
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    First job was the "Red Barn" chicken and hamburgers...
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My first job I took phone orders at Godafathers pizza, then I was a shift supervisor.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My frist job was at Pizza Hut.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My first job I took phone orders at Godafathers pizza, then I was a shift supervisor.

Did you ever say "I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse"?

um, no.:huh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    First job was as the Easter Bunny in the mall. :grumble: Not fun at ALL!

Second job was at an ice cream parlor...I made a fabulous banana split! :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    first job was at a chinese restaurant as a bus girl at age 12. been working ever since! :grumble:

Did you ever seat Cartwright?

seinfeld.jpg

Oh my gawd, I just choked on my coffee!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    My first job: deli girl in a grocery store.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    First job was as the Easter Bunny in the mall. :grumble: Not fun at ALL!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would pay to see that! heeheeeheeeee