First Jobs

Options

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Grocery bagger back in the day when they still hualed them out to the car and put them in your trunk.

We have a store that still does that.

I was a sacker, too. Don't recall getting any tips. :grumble:

That does not surprise me. wait.gif

I used to get tips working behind the deli counter. th_smalldancingman.gif

Slipped them an extra slice of moose, eh?

:yawn:

Moose jokes will never go out of style!! :drinker:

They will if I report them. wait.gif
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    J/K :tongue:

My first job was as a dishwasher at a little restaurant/bar up in OH. I was 14 and we had to wash all the dishes by hand :grumble: And I also made pizzas and did food prep. After that I worked at Wendy's for 3 years. They usually put me on the register. Then, I got a 2nd job at Kmart deli. After that, I moved to Toledo and lived with my sister to help her take care of my niece after my nieces father disappeared into thin air and I was a waitress at Chi Chis for 2 years then went to Damon's Steakhouse as a waitress. After that I started at Tri-State Expedited as a dispatcher then went to MS Carriers in 2001 and in 2003 Swift bought them and I've been with them ever since........and that is my work history for my entire life...........besides the babysitting and stuff I've done. :drinker: :smokin:
  • kellch
    Options

Include only jobs were you actually received a paycheck or worked for an actually company.

Sooooooo y_thinking.gif My job on the corner of 1st and Main St. doesn't count? dunno.gif

snickeringg.gif

When one knows not what to say, it is a time to be silent.

Oh and look who this is coming from ninja.gif
  • kellch
    Options
    My first job in High School was a cook at Chickfila - then I went to a cook at Sonic.

BOOOOOO

My best friend worked at the Chick-fil-a across from my ice cream parlor. After work we'd stand outside talking and he would smell like greasy chicken and I would smell like sour mild. What a pair we made. :laugh:

When I worked at Chi-Chi's, I smelled like burritos and tacos.:smokin:
  • kellch
    Options
    Chi Chi's - very appropriate for you, Kellch. :bigsmile:

flirt.gif
  • kellch
    Options

Include only jobs were you actually received a paycheck or worked for an actually company.

Sooooooo y_thinking.gif My job on the corner of 1st and Main St. doesn't count? dunno.gif

snickeringg.gif

I was saying that to myself. The comment I wanted to make would have gotten me banned.

Oh :embarassed:

bwahaharoll.gif

Good job:flowerforyou: ......we don't want you banned :sad: (who would we have to make fun of ninja.gif)

I'll be expecting a PM in 5......4.......3......2.......ninja.gif
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

snickeringg.gif

I was saying that to myself. The comment I wanted to make would have gotten me banned.

Then just say the version that will get you suspended. :wink:
  • kellch
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hiya beautiful :smooched:

crap.......I meant to quote that sexy red head up there :flowerforyou:

And good morning Mir :smooched:
  • kellch
    Options
    My first job in High School was a cook at Chickfila - then I went to a cook at Sonic.

BOOOOOO

My best friend worked at the Chick-fil-a across from my ice cream parlor. After work we'd stand outside talking and he would smell like greasy chicken and I would smell like sour mild. What a pair we made. :laugh:

When I worked at Chi-Chi's, I smelled like burritos and tacos.:smokin:

Better than fish.

Yes.......yes it is :smokin:
  • kellch
    Options
    McDonald's was my first job.

I started with toasting the buns, then worked up to cooking and then got on the cash register!!

I smelled like grease at the end of every day! :sick:

I did enjoy making the round eggs for the breakfast sandwiches though! :laugh:

I thought your first job was as ensign on the USS Enterprise?
    I will NEVER show anyone a photo of me as a little girl again!! It was the 70s!! give me a break!!! :angry:

And Hiya Tamalama :smooched:

Who's messin with my girl? nunu.gif

and hi to everyone else too :smooched: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My 1st job was a teachers' assistant for College for Kids. I got to help out in several different classes like horsemanship, ceramic, and flint-knapping. So much fun!!:bigsmile:

In college I did housekeeping for the college's guest speakers. Not so fun! Any tips we were left, we were supposed to hand to our supervisor.:sick:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Grocery bagger back in the day when they still hualed them out to the car and put them in your trunk.

We have a store that still does that.

I was a sacker, too. Don't recall getting any tips. :grumble:

That was the good part. I made $1.70 an hour plus tips. Tips usually out did my hourly. On Saturdays I would sometimes walk away with $50 to $60 in tips.
    Where I shop they still do, and I also give a good tip. Except for this one lady that always glares at me. One day I didn't have any extra cash so I said I would carry it out myself. I swear she always remembers me. Just creepy!!:laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    2 summers worked at a resort on the beach as a receptionist and reservationist. worked second shift 3-11. Perfect for me...lay on the beach till about 2:00, work, go out afterward.

2 years in college I worked as an assistant under the Vice-President of my University.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hiya beautiful :smooched:

crap.......I meant to quote that sexy red head up there :flowerforyou:

And good morning Mir :smooched:

crush.gif

Good Morning Gorgeous!!! :smooched:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member