Share seven weird things about you!

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    seven is such a dumb number, i'm doing 10.

1.) I can sleep ANYWHERE. My friends make fun of me for it. Not so much that I'm a heavy sleeper, quite opposite really..because I'm real alert when I wake up. But I can basically fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Lets put it this way...I woke up during a mortor attack in Afghanistan. I was so tired so I just went right back to sleep.

2.) I was in a car accident once. I used to never wear my seat-belt at all. I was driving home at 2a.m. one night. I stopped in this town to get gas. For some reason, I put my seat-belt on like it was my natural routine. On my way out, I came up over a hill at 70mph. There was a deer in the middle of the road. I swerved it, hit the shoulder, spun outta control. Flipped the car over onto the hood and flew into a ditch, finally a tree stopped the car from colliding into a fence. I didn't get a scratch.

3.) I poop 3-4 times a day. With that said, I crapped my pants once oversea's. No joke. If you want to hear this story, send me a private message. cause its actually really funny. Not so appropriate for public viewing. :grumble:

4.) My first and only tattoo was 7 sessions of about 3-4 hours a piece. I was 28 and I fell asleep thru most of it, haha.

5.) I can't stand tags on anything. I cut them off my clothes. Off pillows. Off my towels or washcloths. They get wet and its really weird to me. I have to tear them off. Even at the hotel, I tear the tags off the towels before using them or getting them wet.

6.) I didn't learn to shave with a regular razor until I was like 23 years old. I went into my roommate's bathroom and he had one. So I decided to figure it out. I've used a regular razor every since.

7.) I've never drank a drop of alcohol or done drugs my entire life.

8.) I had a gun pulled on myself and sum friends. He fired it over our heads and drove off. We practically crapped ourselves.

9.) I had a knife pulled on me in the suburbs. I came back from school. It was dark. He came up behind me while I was getting outta my car. Was asking for directions. I was reaching into my car drunk to get my backpack...i looked back and he had a knife. I let go of the bag and grabbed a baseball bat and put it upside his head. He dropped the knife.

10.) I'm a stickler for being on time. I'M NEVER LATE. If I am late its because someone else made me late or i'm dead. I usually show up to regular appointments 10 minutes prior. If I'm not familiar with a place or not sure of a "meeting place"...I show up 30 minutes early. I showed up to a job interview once 2 hours early, just to be sure I wasn't late.

Ummmm...OK :huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
    You seem to be on a roll, care to continue...I was quit entertained
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    1. Religiously I am a Unitarian Universalist - tiny denomination, only a few hundred thousand of us.

2. I am a MSF certified motorcycle safety instructor. Tiny corps of people, just a few thousand. We teach riding technique in just about every state.

3. As a member of 2 tiny groups, I may be the world's only Unitarian Universalist Motorcycle Safety Instructor.

4. Ok, maybe there's more than one,,, but I'd bet there aren't 300. 300 million people in the USA, <300 UU-MSF instructors. I'm one in a million!

5. My funky religion teaches me to be loving and accepting of life's little foibles. My wife is fighting a tricky medical condition, and I frequently fantasize about doing horrible (really HORRIBLE) things to Doctors.

6. I feel guilty about it.

7. Not guilty enough to stop.
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    1. I love the smell of matches

2. I have a pen obsession - I swiped a nice pen from a waitress at Chili's yesterday :blushing: I left her a good tip though. Does that make it ok?

3. I love anything that has been miniaturized.

4. I count the syllables in sentences constantly. Nobody knows I do it.

5. I cracked my skull open when I was three years old and I still have blood on my brain.

6. My biggest fear is cockroaches! :noway:

7. I love bananas but hate banana-flavored items. I hate cherries but love cherry flavored items.

8. I dream almost nightly that all of my teeth fall out.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    1. I am grossed out by food touching

2. I won't let anyone use my washing machine

3. I am allergic to bees but live in agricultural property

4. I am afraid of drowning, but am an accomplished swimmer

5. I get motion sick very easily and have never ridden on a roller coaster!

6. I get mad at amusement parks for charging me to be the chaperone, since I can not ride the rides

7. I am fiercely competitive, and hate loosing a competition,
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    seven is such a dumb number, i'm doing 10.

1.) I can sleep ANYWHERE. My friends make fun of me for it. Not so much that I'm a heavy sleeper, quite opposite really..because I'm real alert when I wake up. But I can basically fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Lets put it this way...I woke up during a mortor attack in Afghanistan. I was so tired so I just went right back to sleep.

2.) I was in a car accident once. I used to never wear my seat-belt at all. I was driving home at 2a.m. one night. I stopped in this town to get gas. For some reason, I put my seat-belt on like it was my natural routine. On my way out, I came up over a hill at 70mph. There was a deer in the middle of the road. I swerved it, hit the shoulder, spun outta control. Flipped the car over onto the hood and flew into a ditch, finally a tree stopped the car from colliding into a fence. I didn't get a scratch.

3.) I poop 3-4 times a day. With that said, I crapped my pants once oversea's. No joke. If you want to hear this story, send me a private message. cause its actually really funny. Not so appropriate for public viewing. :grumble:

4.) My first and only tattoo was 7 sessions of about 3-4 hours a piece. I was 28 and I fell asleep thru most of it, haha.

5.) I can't stand tags on anything. I cut them off my clothes. Off pillows. Off my towels or washcloths. They get wet and its really weird to me. I have to tear them off. Even at the hotel, I tear the tags off the towels before using them or getting them wet.

6.) I didn't learn to shave with a regular razor until I was like 23 years old. I went into my roommate's bathroom and he had one. So I decided to figure it out. I've used a regular razor every since.

7.) I've never drank a drop of alcohol or done drugs my entire life.

8.) I had a gun pulled on myself and sum friends. He fired it over our heads and drove off. We practically crapped ourselves.

9.) I had a knife pulled on me in the suburbs. I came back from school. It was dark. He came up behind me while I was getting outta my car. Was asking for directions. I was reaching into my car drunk to get my backpack...i looked back and he had a knife. I let go of the bag and grabbed a baseball bat and put it upside his head. He dropped the knife.

10.) I'm a stickler for being on time. I'M NEVER LATE. If I am late its because someone else made me late or i'm dead. I usually show up to regular appointments 10 minutes prior. If I'm not familiar with a place or not sure of a "meeting place"...I show up 30 minutes early. I showed up to a job interview once 2 hours early, just to be sure I wasn't late.

Ummmm...OK :huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
    You seem to be on a roll, care to continue...I was quit entertained

well i don't really have alot of weird quirks...i mean "weird things" is a kinda broad statement. So I'd rather just tell some weird/funny stories instead.

I could go on and on telling war stories. I'll save you the bordom.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    1. My elbows are double jointed and it freaks people out when they see what my arms looks like when I "straighten" them out.

2. I lived off of 8 Mile when the movie came out and was facsinated by how many teens drove in from random states to "see it".

3. I have studied all religions and even practice rituals or celebrate holidays that no one has ever heard of. And no, I do not consider myself to be religious, just curious and amused.

4. I have to chew equally on both sides or it drives me crazy!!!!:blushing:

5. I have fallen while sitting, and people who know me are not surprized by this.

6. I used to go to Raves and was known as the Sober Party Kid....I really did go for the music, but people watching was AWESOME, lol:smokin:

7. I LOVED being pregnant and labor and delivery and I can't wait to do it again!!!!
  • kimber607
    Options
    1. Religiously I am a Unitarian Universalist - tiny denomination, only a few hundred thousand of us.

2. I am a MSF certified motorcycle safety instructor. Tiny corps of people, just a few thousand. We teach riding technique in just about every state.

3. As a member of 2 tiny groups, I may be the world's only Unitarian Universalist Motorcycle Safety Instructor.

4. Ok, maybe there's more than one,,, but I'd bet there aren't 300. 300 million people in the USA, <300 UU-MSF instructors. I'm one in a million!

5. My funky religion teaches me to be loving and accepting of life's little foibles. My wife is fighting a tricky medical condition, and I frequently fantasize about doing horrible (really HORRIBLE) things to Doctors.

6. I feel guilty about it.

7. Not guilty enough to stop.

Interesting....
    I have a close friend that just became a motorcycle safety instructor....he said it was a very very tough course, lots of drop outs, but he is having a tough time finding work
  • xsargex
    Options
    I took a Motorcycle Riders Course sponsored by MSF. I ran over a cone on my road test and still passed. It was awesome. Only time I've ever gotten a 100% on a written test. I felt so smart.
  • kimber607
    Options
    I took a Motorcycle Riders Course sponsored by MSF. I ran over a cone on my road test and still passed. It was awesome. Only time I've ever gotten a 100% on a written test. I felt so smart.

Was the instructor a woman :wink: :tongue:
  • xsargex
    Options

Well we had two guys and a lady that ran the class. Where you going with this? haha
  • kimber607
    Options
    Ok, let me give this a whirl

1. I've never had a sip of coffee in my life..I've never been in a Starbucks

2. Never had a sip of beer either

3. I don't eat veggies...not a single one....ever

4. Egg yolks gross me out..even the word makes me cringe 'yolk'

5. Grew up in Northern NJ and spent lots of time in NYC on the weekends...would hitch hick from NYC to NJ...back in the 90's a famous DJ that was on Z100 picked up my friend and I in his delorian (sp?)....forget it..hitch hicking is stupid not weird

6. have a pretty good photogenic memory....never had to study in school

7. I sang a solo in 8th grade but now at 36, I have a HORRIBLE voice...horrible (how could that be?)

Maybe this is easier than I thought :ohwell: :indifferent:
    Kim
  • kimber607
    Options

Well we had two guys and a lady that ran the class. Where you going with this? haha

Me? nothing...nothing at all

I didn't go for my liscence until I was 18.....I was a horrible driver and passed
    The instructor told me he was only passing me because his daughter's name was Kimberly....
    :huh: ..that was intelligent....
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Here goes nothing....

1. I shake my fork or spoon before I eat my food. My husband routinely laughs when he takes me out to dinner, apparently after almost 7 years together (not married, just together) he still finds it funny. I think I do this to remove any loose crumbs that might get on my face, but now it's just habit.

2. I wrecked my car in my own driveway, two weeks after I got my license, on the way to the ACT test because a spider was trying to get in the window. I'm arachniphobic. I still hear about this frequently.

3. I had a tattoo before I had my first real haircut- seriously.

4. I, too, do not have cable and am not interested in getting it.

5. I am generally a pacifist and hate to see people fight and I believe most wars should be avoided, but I lovelovelove violent things, hockey is my favorite sport to watch- partially for the fights, football is a close second, I love Quentin Tarantino movies and Fight Club. Maybe not that weird, but hey.

6. Maybe this is weird- I like to travel and go new places like whole other cities and countries, but I don't like to go new places in the town where I have lived for 24 years because I'm afraid I won't know the "protocol" and will seem like a weirdo. I even begged a friend to come to a farmer's market with me the other day for this very reason.

7. I've got nice, but weird teeth- I'm having a dental implant to replace a baby tooth with no adult tooth to replace it. Ouchie. And, my left canine tooth was lying crossways in the roof of my mouth when I got braces, so the baby tooth had to be pulled and then a chain attached to the adult tooth and it was "towed" down in to place by my braces. That's different I think. Oh, and I bit all the way through my top and bottom lip in second grade playing dodge ball.
  • xsargex
    Options

5. Grew up in Northern NJ and spent lots of time in NYC on the weekends...would hitch hick from NYC to NJ...back in the 90's a famous DJ that was on Z100 picked up my friend and I in his delorian (sp?)....forget it..hitch hicking is stupid not weird

7. I sang a solo in 8th grade but now at 36, I have a HORRIBLE voice...horrible (how could that be?)

Maybe this is easier that I thought :ohwell: :indifferent:
    Kim

holy crap.... you've never had coffee before? Don't. Stuff is like crack cocaine. I'm convinced Starbucks puts meth in their coffee. *kitten* is addicting.

So you never really passed drivers ed and your name is Kim? hahahaha. Thats comforting. I'm staying away from the NJ traffic.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    1.) When I change or my Hubby changes the volume on the car radio it HAS to be an even number. Just one of my pet peeves.
    2.) When I was 1 year old, I got chicken pox in the plane to Scotland. When we landed my mom took me to a dr and he said it was the worse case he had ever seen.
    3.) When I was 7 I had a seizure and died 2 times on the way to the hospital.
    4.) I used to have an "extra" tooth that had to be cut out.:)
    5.) After being deathly afraid my whole pregnancy of a csection and my daughter pooping in Utero..Guess what?..It happened that way!!!!
    6.) I have been in love with my husband since the day I met him. He moved to SC after a few weeks of dating and we became best friends. A year and a half later I moved down there. A few months later we were married and expecting out first child<3
    7.) I am 1 of 7 children. I am also the oldest daughter!...:):):) Oh and I have 2 god daughters:)
  • kimber607
    Options

Maybe this is easier that I thought :ohwell: :indifferent:
    Kim

holy crap.... you've never had coffee before? Don't. Stuff is like crack cocaine. I'm convinced Starbucks puts meth in their coffee. *kitten* is addicting.

So you never really passed drivers ed and your name is Kim? hahahaha. Thats comforting. I'm staying away from the NJ traffic.

Nope, never ever had a sip of coffee..my mom was a HUGE coffee addict as I was growing up....totally turned me off to the stuff
    I only drink water and green tea....no soda either

Hey...what are u saying about my driving...did I mention I also have a heavy foot...so, I've been told...but I've never got a speeding ticket and have only been in one accident when i was hit from behind...*knock on wood*

Not weird, but I saw Michael Jackson shopping when I was in vegas getting married
    He is much bigger/broader than I would have assumed and quit manly looking
    that's all
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    <<snip>>

<<snip>>

Interesting....
    I have a close friend that just became a motorcycle safety instructor....he said it was a very very tough course, lots of drop outs, but he is having a tough time finding work

The instructor prep course can be tricky, and it's kinda wierd. You have to be willing and able to teach the curriculum and be very very patient with students. If you want to wander off on your own and give a lot of instruction based on your own experiences then you're gonna have a hard time. They kinda like you to stick to church dogma, and that's ok. The MSF way is pretty good.

The patience thing is very important - in ways you don't even realize. If a student struggles you have to be the perfect picture of calm reassurance. If the student picks up any hint that you're gettin agitated or impatient it rattles them - which makes them struggle more - snowball,,, and then you have a good student fail the class for no reason. Very important.

Other thing that keeps studsent instructors from making it is just riding skill. We have to demonstrate the riding perfectly. No bobbles, no wobbles, perfect posture, perfect technique. Some people don't ride well enough to do it.

I teach about a dozen classes a year. I could do a few more, but I'm pretty satisfied. It's not a day job - just something you do for fun and a little extra cash. I enjoy helping people get a good safe start in the sport I love.

I've taught with women several times - they're just people. I do know a couple of guys who are kinda stuck in the "I am the authority figure - verily thou shalt obey my every command exactly as I demand or I shall smite thee" mode,,, but none of the women are like that.

BTW - most classes, about half the students are women. Love it love it,,, lotsa fun.

<<My pass percentage is 94%. 3% of my students miss a class session or walk out when they get their butts kicked by the curriculum - and the other 3% don't learn to ride well enough (quickly enough) to pass the exam. I've had several come back and try it again and pass. :smile: >>
  • xsargex
    Options
    Hey...what are u saying about my driving...did I mention I also have a heavy foot...so, I've been told...but I've never got a speeding ticket and have only been in one accident when i was hit from behind...*knock on wood*

its not breaking the law unless you get caught.
  • kimber607
    Options

its not breaking the law unless you get caught.

My thoughts exactly, so I don't see why everyone has a problem with it
    :devil: