Replies

• melissawidmer
    melissawidmer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mtant27
    mtant27 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like to boil first and then shred a few chicken breasts, with a can of poblano peppers in adobo sauce. Just remove the peppers from the can and mince them up very well, add them to a pan or dutch oven with the shredded chicken, add the condiments. Add all of the adobo sauce, salt, thyme, and a pinch of garlic salt. Its geat with some brown rice and steamed broccoli. Tons of flavor!!!
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made a "western chicken" the other day b/c i LOVE western burgers, so i thought, why not use chicken. I baked the chicken breast in the oven with 2 TB honey bbq sauce for about 20 minutes. I topped it with sauteed onions ( sauteed only with non stick spray) and then topped it with Fat Free shredded cheddar cheese and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. it was SOO delicious and the fat and calories with it were amazing !!

Yummm, must try this thx.
  • lablover07
    lablover07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy food, I cut up chicken breast and put cayenne on it while cooking. When the chicken is fully cooked, I dump in fresh cut pineapple and mix it all. I only cook it long enough to warm the pineapple, not overly cook it. The cayenne takes down the tang of the pineapple a couple notches, and the spicy works well with it.

Then, its totally up to you! You can just eat it like that (which I do often) or you can put it on a small amount of plain rice (mostly when I have company or I need to make larger amount for lunches or something)

This sounds amazing!!!
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I marinated a chicken breast for dinner tonight...did it in a spice mix of coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chilli flakes, ginger, curry powder and asafoetida along with a tiny bit of olive oil, some lemon juice and a little peanut butter. Dry fried and served with cous cous....really yummy supper :)
  • Luvubettathanyamama
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!
  • jessdeweerdt
    Options
    bump - great ideas!!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump! Loving the ideas! Thanks everyone :smile:
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good! I need to buy a bunch of chicken for next wk so I can try a bunch of these out/!! :)
  • Nikki206
    Nikki206 Posts: 69
    Options
    Great ideas!!! Just got a new grill so we always use olive oil and then whatever Mrs. Dash spice we happen to be craving. The Chipotle one is great if you like a little kick =)
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    bump
  • icwilson
    icwilson Posts: 1
    Options
    easfahl, how long do you cook the frozen chicken in the crockpot? I have trouble with it being dry, so I'm thinking I'm cooking it too long.

Thanks!
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Put your chicken breast on some tinfoil then cover it in a few slices of tomato, a few slices of carrot, some sliced onion, and a tiny bit of garlic. Wrap it all up like a little parcel and pop in the oven for 40 mins. It keems all th moisture in the chicken and helps it to absorb the flavours. Not sure if it's low in sodium but it tastes DELICIOUS! lol

This sounds very tasty and certainly doesn't add an sodium!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this... what does "bump" mean? lol I keep seeing it

Keeps the thread up, so it doesn't get lost in the "pile" and with a "Bump" reply you can keep up with it from your profile page. :)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lots of ways and most have been covered, if you like stir fry then look for Mrs. Dash Spicy Teriyaki, even the salt addicts at my house like it. If it's baked chicken cause you dont' feel like cooking get the Zesty Garlic Herb one, put some aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, add chicken tenders (sliced chicken breast) sliced sweet potatoes, julienned peppers, and onions, pour some of the marinade over that, wrap it up and either throw it on the grill or in the oven on 400 for around 30 minutes, yum.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    bump
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Such good ideas! Bump!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Saute just till done, then in the same pan toss some spinach till just wilted, put on top of chicken and sprinkle with parmesean or swiss cheese. Sometimes I add mushrooms to the pan mix (before the spinach - they take longer to tender up) YUM!