Where did you meet your wife/husband/bf/gf

Options
Everyone in this section seems to like these love/dating topics and I've always found this question interesting...So where/how did you meet your significant other?

Replies

• avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ooh, i love telling people how i met ny hubby :-)

I was in a dead end relationship for over 3 years and wanted to get out but wouldnt find the right way to do it, well my mum and dad moved to Spain to open a bar in Jan 06, and i decided to surprised my mum for mothers day with sonera sneaky help front my dad!! So i got out there and my mum freaked, lol, never seen her cry so much!we went back to the bar and they introduced ne to their friends and that was where i met lee, i never believed in live at first sight but he bowed me over!!

I was only out there for 4 days so we spent as much time with each other as we could and i cried all the way to the airport and on the plane home! As soon as i got home i called my mum and dad again and told them it wasn't working between me and my ex and that i wanted to come to Spain so i packed all my stuff up and after the longest week of my life i mo ed back out!!

A month later i was pregnant and 6 years down the line we have 2 gorgeous kids and have been married for 2 years this April!

Thats my little love story :-) xx
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of almost two years on a video game actually :)! Found out he lived in Northern California, so he drove 8 hours south to come visit me and we met up in Hunnington (sp?) and ever since then we've been seeing each other as much as possible through the long distance barrier.

This March we're moving in together!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I met my bf at a pub for a work friends birthday drinks. That was nearly 7 years ago - we have 1 daughter & another on the way :smile:
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    OMG
    AT A HIPPIE COMMUNE :flowerforyou:
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the younger brother of my ex-boyfriend's college housemate. :)
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Met my hubs 15 years ago at a local club dated for about a year and went our own ways. I met someone else so did he we both had 1 child. Met again 5-6 years later dated for 1-2 weeks went to Vegas got married and we've been married for almost 9 years!! and have 5 children!!
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I met my wife in high-school.....we were friends back then......she helped me with girlfriend problems, I helped her with boyfriend problems.....we were very good friends.

When we started at university 4 years later we rented a flat together and shared it as roommates.......at some point we became attracted to each other and the rest is history. We have now known each other for 21 years - been living together for 17 years - been a couple for 16 years and been married for 10 years.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Doing online research for a mutual friend, one night, the friend asked me to help another friend find some information. I was actually pretty snarky about it ("What am I, your personal reference librarian?"), but answered the guy's message and found what he was looking for (which turned out to be a topic that interests me, too). Three years later, I was cleaning out my messenger list, messaged him to let me know if he wanted to remain on my list, and we started talking. Yesterday, we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary, and we have a beautiful son together. :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Online, really. I was going on a summer school at the university I was due to start at. He was a mentor there, and I was a very shy person so I contacted all the mentors beforehand so I wouldn't be as scared when I got there. We got chatting, and when I turned up on the day he was the first person I properly met.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Met him while I was on vacation in Norway. We were married 6 months later. We've now been married for 10 years and have 3 daughters. <3
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby in a personal column, when those had just started, about 22 years ago. I swear, the whole thing only had about 10 people on it. Long story short, we were on/off for about 17 years, married on V Day 2006, divorced 2 yrs later..married again 2010..and here we are. My long love story!!:blushing:
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    High school sweet hearts :love: 7 years & still going strong :smile:
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Totally lame but met my husband on a blind date 24 years ago, have now been married 19 years!!
  • grimmaster1983
    Options
    i met my wife in a pub/bar where i had a pool match, i got 7 balled.. it gave us something to talk about lol :D
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I met the guy that I'm in a complicated relationship with online. A game actually, called Evony. I didn't even like him at first. In fact I was planning to destroy him lol.

Now I want to destroy him even more -_-
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    World Of Warcraft :)
  • Sammychch
    Options
    I meet my partner at the gym.
    I was working on the gym floor and my job was to talk to people and check they are ok. So i decided to go up and talk these 2 men because I thought one of them was cute. So after 10mins I found out that the cute ones friend was the one I wanted to talk to.
    I then spend 6 weeks flurting with him before he asked me out. We have been together for 12 years and looking to start a family.
    Couldn't be happier
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    okcupid.com online dating can work miracles.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I met my husband while serving a mission in Ontario, Canada for the church I attend. We were both going home the same day. He was going home to Alberta, Canada and I was going home to Arizona. A month later(April) I found out that he was going to be in Utah the same time I was so we spent and few days together and then I took him to Arizona for a week. Then he went back to Alberta, Canada and then in June I went up to visit him for two weeks and he proposed to me the day before I went home. We were married in October, so here we are almost 20 years later with 5 children, a dog, 2 cats and a snake. **A note I must add is when I left Ontario I said, "I will never live in Canada again" - never say never!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I met my BF six years ago while I was working in the emergency room...I took care of him because he looked pretty intimidating and no one really wanted to start his IV. I saw him there over the next month (he has a genentic kidney disorder) and one day he slipped me a note asking to get to know me. Six years later and he still makes me smile with his silly notes.