Replies

• nurseloopy
    Options
    Facebook! Slightly embarrassing!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day 2005.

We were starting in a training class at a new job that just happened to start on February 14th. We were actually best friends for 3 1/2 years before we started dating and got married about 8 months after that.
  • angijunbug
    Options
    I was his hairdresser! One good shampoo & he couldn't get me off his mind :laugh: We dated on & off for years. After 12 years of we love each other/ we don't even like one another (when Haryy met Sally syndrome,LOL), we fell in love & got married. We have now been married almost 9 years & have 2 beautiful kids. :happy:
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    At a hockey game. Just happen to be sitting next to each other.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on Facebook through a mutual friend :)
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I love reading all these :) it gives me hope
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This one time, at band camp...

Seriously, I met MH at band camp for our college marching band. I was in the color guard, he played the sousaphone (the big tuba). We literally ran into each other during a break in rehearsal. We were friends for a few years and then started dating... and the rest is bank-geeky history. :-)
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I met my future husband in my home when he came and I would spy on him trough a hole in the wall from my bedroom! I stole a photo of him from my brother. They joined the Marines together and for a year I had his photo and told everyone I was going to marry him! He didn't know! ;-) We got married October 3rd 1964.
  • Jess2275
    Options
    A friend and I were at a bar that we went to every other weekend. Well she had friends coming that night that I had never meet. Well in came this guy and he is so cute. Well I had just gotten out of a 3 year relationship had lost like 60 pounds so at the time I just wanted to have fun for awhile. Well that didnt last long after I meet David. We started talking 2 days after we meet and we have been together for 15 years and married 13 1/2 years now. :love:
  • kristine321
    Options
    Totally lame but met my husband on a blind date 24 years ago, have now been married 19 years!!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was the bookeeper for a restaurant, my now husband was hired by one of the owners as a manager (the owner and him had been friends for years).
    At first I didn't like him at all!! Tried to get me to go home early because I wasn't very busy, always asking me what I was working on, looking over my shoulder, etc. Thought he was a real jerk and figured since they were friends I'd be out of a job soon.
    (When I interviewed the owner said it wasn't really a fulltime job and I said well I don't want part time, he promised to let me work full-time hours, he'd find misc. things for me to do so I could get the hours.)
    Time went on and a few times some of us hung out after work and had drinks, we got to talking and I figured out he was pretty cool and we got along really well. So we flirted here and there and then finally started dating.
    In October we will be married for 23 years, have we two fantastic sons!
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This one time, at band camp...

Seriously, I met MH at band camp for our college marching band. I was in the color guard, he played the sousaphone (the big tuba). We literally ran into each other during a break in rehearsal. We were friends for a few years and then started dating... and the rest is bank-geeky history. :-)

Hahaha! Love this! Band Geek love!
  • kristine321
    Options
    Totally lame but met my husband on a blind date 24 years ago, have now been married 19 years!!
    Not so lame!! My hubby and I met 17 years ago this coming ay in a blind date, and Have been married for 15 years, with 2 beautiful girls!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    In the months leading up to my 20 year highschool reunion, old classmates started to friend each other on Facebook. I received a friend request from someone who I don't recall ever knowing in highschool, but I accepted it anyway because we had so many mutual friends, he was also down in DC, and he was so cute! We chatted on Facebook a few times and I hinted at us getting together, but he was oblivious. When we finally "met" at our reunion, we spent the evening chatting and pretending we knew each other. It wasn't until halfway through our first date a month after the reunion that we admitted that neither of us had any recollection of the other. We laugh about how strange it is that I ended up marrying someone from highschool because 2 weeks after graduating I took off for Europe and spent most of my adult life exploring the world. If I had known that we were meant to be, I probably could have saved a bundle on airfare!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I "met" in an game we both play online (it's really more of a glorified chatroom!). I lived in Washington, and he lived in Illinois. My family was moving from Washington to Virginia and since we were passing through the area, my parents decided that they ought to meet this boy, to make sure that he wasn't a creepy older man or ax murderer. We all met, and things tumbled from there! Over the next three and a half years, we flew back and forth across the country to meet each other, and even went to Hawaii with his family for vacation. We finally moved in together this summer and are happily figuring out what it's like to be a couple 24/7! It's been wonderful with a few bumps here and there, but we've always worked through them. We just celebrated four years together this December. <3
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was a traffic reporter and disc jockey on the radio and my husband was the pilot that flew me around town to look for traffic delays.
  • nerak3401
    nerak3401 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a popular national pizza chain. He was the manager and I was his assistant and we absolutely HATED each other for the first six months we worked together. It's now 12 years later, and we've been married for almost 8 years. I sometimes still can't believe we ended up together. I can't imagine my life without him :)
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    October 1987 I was at a homecoming dance in highschool, I was a freshman, he was a sophmore, I was dancing with some guy that my brother hated so my brother asked my now husband to interrupt the dance..."sigh" 1990 moved in together, 1994 married! We have a 20 year old son, a 16 year old son and a 13 year old son, and our daughter just turned 4.... If I had only one friend left in the whole world I would want it to be him!! :heart:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Met my BF while working a "make ends meet" job while going to college. I was married and he was in a relationship so we were just good friends. When he and his ex broke up after a year he moved back to NY where he was from originally and we didn't manage to keep in touch after he left. A year and a half later I was in the process of beginning divorce proceedings and needed an extra job again. I walked back into the same store we'd both worked before and was shocked to see him! He'd just moved back to be closer to his daughter. We started talking and hanging out as friends and soon.......Well, now 4 1/2 years later I couldn't imagine life without him!
  • a_robinson86
    a_robinson86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We met at school when we were 13! We were friends first then a couple of years later we admitted we had feelings for each other. We got together just over 2 weeks before my 16th birthday and have been solid ever since! We got married in 2006 4 days before my 20th birthday and we now have 2 beautiful boys. I love him just as much now as I did when we first got together, we celebrate our 10th anniversary in march, I can't wait! :heart: