Where did you meet your wife/husband/bf/gf

Options

Replies

• rebeccaboise
    rebeccaboise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Plenty of Fish. I had joined it while on a "break" with my crazy ex a year ago, but ended up back with him for a few months. I went to the site and tried to delete my profile, and thought I had but I would still get emails from them saying someone wants to meet you, or has emailed you or whatever. I ignored them. Well, about a month after I knew I was DONE, DONE with ex bf I got the email from pof and decided to open it. I saw his super cute smile and liked his profile so I emailed him and actually met him that night for coffee. We have been together since and it's been great :)

Me too! I met my boyfriend on Plenty of Fish. I had tried e Harmony but thought it was like getting set up by your Grandpa. Such a slow process they want you to go through... I was going to do Match, but had an attack of the cheaps and settled on Plenty of fish. My boyfriend sent me a long, rambling (but charming) intro email. Thank goodness for that, because his profile sucked! Haha! We're together almost 8 months now and I've never been happier.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    At work... I am a 911 dispatcher and he is a police officer... We have been married for a while and have 2 kids (girl 6 & boy 4).
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    lots of online couples! :) Yay!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not on Craigs list. I posted a add for a guy to hang with for a few beers, movie or dinner. He answered and sent me a picture of himself leaning on a firetruck ( yes, a fireman-yum-yum). That was almost 3 years ago. We now live together and have 4 beautiful daughters between us.

It was instant love.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    met my ex at a gas station, we were both pumping gas and started talking.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    We met on LavaLife. :P
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at work. We were both in the same department at the time, but different Divisions. I spoke with him a number of times on work related business by phone. The phone conversations were strictly business-- all finance and budget stuff; and our first several departmental meetings were. Then we started "running" into each other for coffee in the cafeteria, and "running" into each other for lunch in the cafeteria. :wink:
  • garbanzalo
    garbanzalo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Arranged marriage.
  • DownHillCrusg
    DownHillCrusg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Senior Year of College
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    in a choir class at the university of new mexico. we've been married twelve years and have three children.
  • Tskitzo
    Tskitzo Posts: 42
    Options
    I met my husband in an AOL chat-room back in 2001 :]
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met when I was 19 and he was 27 through my brother in law....6 years later our son was born.....we've been married for 9 years Feb 22nd :heart:
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We've been together for almost 19 years and married for over 11. :heart: I am lucky to have found him. He is my soulmate that is for sure. We met when were working at the same place when were kids.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A bar. But if the in-laws ask, it was "pizza restaurant'.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    met my hubby over 9 yrs ago at my ex's cousins house. we recently moved and i was so unhappy he was my only friend there and i left and moved in w/ him. 9 yrs together, 7 yrs married and 1 daughter later we're more in love and happier then ever ♥
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    High school. We've been in the same church and in the same group of guy friends since my freshman year in highschool.
    We started "talking" in October but we've only been "official" for 2 months (on Feb 1st).
    He makes up for alll the **** I've put up with from guys and he treats me like a princess.
    It's funny, no one in our highschool would have everr imagined us together, but I honestly couldn't live without him.
    I'm incredibly lucky :)
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    My husband and I... I was the waitress and he was the Chef. Well we still are but not at the same establishment and not working together.
  • bratius
    bratius Posts: 60
    Options
    A mutual friend introduced my boyfriend and I ... He gave us each other's facebook links LOL
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    We had mutual friends and both were invited to the same party one night. Shared a taxi going home and made plans to see each other again the following night. Started dating and were married two + years later. We will be married 29 years in July :wink:
  • emmiexjay
    emmiexjay Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i met my boyfriend online through my american uncle.. he "vetted" him for me. i met him on my 21st birthday, july 2010. a month later we decided to become offical with each other and we met in person on december 29th december <3 he knew before i did lol. but i'm happy to admit i'm glad we met and we are still together.. even if it is long distance <3