How did you overcome your plateau? Did you just wait it out?

Options
124»

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your body is experiencing some changes, so let that happen while trying what worked for me.
    I was in a similar situation, and gave it 6 weeks.

That was my 211 wall - 211 pounds. I could not break that wall.
    And then I did. I incorporated a free day - ate 6000 calories in one day. I still do that weekly - call it "Re-Feed Therapy"
    The next wall was 200 - same thing.

The temptation is to change up your whole program every time things don't go right.
    Give it more time, and consider consulting with a personal trainer if you have the means.

Thank you, I've been wondering about those so called free days - I had my first one on Saturday. I'm back on track for the week, so I'll be paying extra attention to the scale on Thursday.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" with a starting weight of 118 lbs. I joined MFP in October, lost a pound, and then plateaued through the holidays. It was really frustrating. At the time I was doing 1200 calories a day with very light exercise-- usually I'd only burn around a hundred calories a day and I'd eat them back.

After the New Year I made a few changes. I modified my weight loss goal to 0.5 lb/week, realizing that 1 lb/week was really not practical for someone of my size. This upped my calorie allowance to 1250. I incorporated more exercise into my plan-- Bikram yoga once a week, swimming once or twice a week, exercise videos on the days I don't swim or do Bikram, and more walking. I ate 50-75% of the exercise calories back.

In the past 15 days I've lost nearly 4 lbs!!