Strangest thing your pet does...

Options
Frost
Frost Posts: 312 Member
What is the strangest thing a pet has done that you or a friend has owned?

I'll post my answer later :wink:

Replies

• Frost
    Options

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

loves me
  • Frost
    Options

loves me

Ok that answer is sad! But made me laugh.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    My dog FREAKS OUT :noway: when the phone rings. One ring - he whines. Two rings - he whines a little louder. Three rings is a yelp and if the answering machine starts up, he howls at the moon and cries until the call is over. We can't even hear who it is if we are trying to screen calls!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    My Tag must put his chin on a soft blanket in order to "knead" or he won't do it.

Tag is the white/gray cat in my ticker
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    My dog FREAKS OUT :noway: when the phone rings. One ring - he whines. Two rings - he whines a little louder. Three rings is a yelp and if the answering machine starts up, he howls at the moon and cries until the call is over. We can't even hear who it is if we are trying to screen calls!

:laugh: that is just too funny
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    my crazy outside cat gets up on the trailer roof and runs across it and he sounds like a horse running across it. Oh yeah, when I pick him up and hold him and pet him, he will knead my shirt and suck on my shirt like he is nursing. :laugh: He is a nutty cat.
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    when you scratch my cats back really fast he gets all into it and his head swings around like Ray Charles!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The other day, I got home from the supermarket with loads of shopping to bring in, so, in order for me to keep the front door open, rather than having to faff around, I told our dog to go lie on his bed. He threw a right temper tantrum! Growled (in a non-agressive way, more like a grumbling noise but I can't fully describe it) and lay like a dead weight on the floor, refusing to budge. He's normally quite obedient and it was hilarious in a way- having the dog act like a petulant child. He got put on his bed for longer than the few minutes it took to bring in the shopping after that! He's still making it up to me now though, being very cuddly and letting me play with his favourite toy.

Mind you, he's the sanest of the pets I've had.... Worrying, no? :laugh:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    My dog Floyd would crack open pistachios and only eat the nut.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Ok that may be weird, but it is smart, too!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

I have a coonhound mix named Floyd! :drinker:

Floyd is my swimmer & has chewed out of my 6' privacy fence to do so.

Gina has anxiety issues & runs circles in the back yard until all the kids are in the middle of the "circle".

I could write a book.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    she acts like a horse in a field. Part Pit and Shephard mix, she roots in the back tard and eats mushrooms, loves to play fetch and runs at you like she's gonna bring it back, but clomps in the yard with both paws in the air just like a horse.
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    The other day, I got home from the supermarket with loads of shopping to bring in, so, in order for me to keep the front door open, rather than having to faff around, I told our dog to go lie on his bed. He threw a right temper tantrum! Growled (in a non-agressive way, more like a grumbling noise but I can't fully describe it) and lay like a dead weight on the floor, refusing to budge. He's normally quite obedient and it was hilarious in a way- having the dog act like a petulant child. He got put on his bed for longer than the few minutes it took to bring in the shopping after that! He's still making it up to me now though, being very cuddly and letting me play with his favourite toy.

Mind you, he's the sanest of the pets I've had.... Worrying, no? :laugh:

Worrying, yes! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Our black lab moves head so her floppy ears flop from left to right, like really rapidly! We thought she had ear infections or something wrong, so she went in for surgery....After a few operations she still does it & we've just come to the conclusion that she enjoys it & may be a little on the "slow" side.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Tag likes to lick bleach water off a newly scrubbed floor... and then he rolls in it in ecstasy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    I had a cocker Spaniel in Florida who would chase oranges or grapefruits as long as you would throw them. When they split open he would eat some, then get that "eww, sour," look on his face.

I would wake up in the morning and there would be a half dozen oranges by the back door, waiting to play fetch.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Garp (cat)- lost a leg in an accident and despite still being able to open a door outwards to sleep in the airing cupboard, and drag a rabbit carcass that was bigger than him (he was a small cat) through a window 6 feet up, decided he was unable to push open a light door, so would headbutt my bedroom door until I let him in to sleep on my bed. At 3am.

Pagan (cat)- will lick your eyelids to wake you up. Seen the cartoon Simon's Cat? Reminds me of her, and Garpy.

Enya (dog)- learnt left from right in an hour; learnt how to operate our pet-proof bin; shredded cat food tins and drained them of meat, without cutting herself.

Dee (horse)- equine version of myself. Need I say more? :laugh:

Henry (dog)- you couldn't leave a glass of wine or beer bottle on the floor around him. He'd drain it.

Petra (dog)- would run around our garden at top speed and fall over her back legs at every corner, yet still not break pace
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    my cat plays fetch. he will bring his mousie up onto the bed, and when we throw it, he will bring it back until he is exhausted.
    he also gives kisses, to wake us up, but only when he wants breakfast. he sits right on your chest and licks your lips:smooched:
    he has figured out the connection between the laser pointer and that little red dot that always gets away, and when I pick it up, even before I turn it on, he starts meowing this crazy stuttering meow. r-r-r-r-r-r-r-ow!
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    My shar=pei Wilbur would sit on our mini dauschund and lick him until he was completely soaked. He would also take towels and clothes and put them in the toilet and he would take things off the countertops and hid them in corners. He was diagnosed with OCD and mild retardation and put on Prozac. He was the sweetest dog ever.