Options

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    In my experience, guess brand heels r the best for comfort
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I wear a size 12 shoe and I am flat-footed. Heels are pretty much impossible for me. Plus I'm 5'10" and when I do wear heels (which I can only stand for about 5 minutes), I look like the jolly green giant, lol.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL, the wife of the Duke of Orleans, Catherine de Medici commissioned a cobbler in 1533 to design shoes with taller heels since she was "diminutive" in stature. Leonardo da Vinci supposedly designed shoes with high heels, but high heels were originally designed as an aid to military men who complained about their feet slipping out of the stirrups when riding horses into battle. Ok, class dismissed.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    love my metoo (lamb) from DSW. 4 inch heel with platform and comfortable. The thickness of the heel helps stabilize the foot and makes it ultra comfy and they are hot as hell!

edit for link http://www.dsw.com/shoe/me+too+lamb+pump?prodId=232959
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Don't buy heels that are uncomfortable. Find a heel that is sexy but stable. They are out there.

Granted, this is easy for me to say. As a woman with extraordinarily high arches (people ask regularly if I was ever a dancer/ballerina), heels are more comfortable for me than flats are.

Also arch supports are amazing things.

And the woman who suggested wedges is on point too. 5'' wedges are so stable you'd swear you weren't wearing a heel at all. Even my mother who has MS can rock a wedge!

I have ridiculously high arches too, but I agree that heels should never be uncomfortable. It just takes some searching to find the right ones.

The best thing about wedges is that they last forever! I love heels but they wear down so quickly.
  • chelsearae85
    Options
    This is why I like wedges, they look high but they're not really :wink:
    I forget to changes shoes sometimes and walk a hour or so in them. I don't even realize til I'm home taking them off, so comfy.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    But it makes her look good when she brings me my beer and sammich. :smokin:
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ^5
    Heels I can live with. The man who invented panty hose needs to be strung up with a pair of them...
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Buy high quality shoes, they tend to be cut better and be more comfortable. Leather shoes (unless you are against leather and animal skins) tend to breathe best and won't rub your feet. Insoles and adding rubber to the bottom of your shoes at the cobbler are the best things you can do when you buy a new pair. The higher the heels, you may need to go up half a size for your feet to fit comfortably. Some cobblers will add inserts and extra cushioning on the balls of your feet if the shoes are a tad big, making them more comfortable. Don't wear super high heels if you will be on your feet for long periods of time - it messes up your back and body alignment, causing pain all over. Opt for shoes with a covered platform so that you get the illusion of more height, but with a less high arch in your foot. Have your shoe salesperson or cobbler stretch leather shoes that are a bit tight, as some shoes can take a bit of time to wear into them.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    But it makes her look good when she brings me my beer and sammich. :smokin:
    LOL.....Uh oh!!!!! No, I didn't laugh!!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 12 shoe and I am flat-footed. Heels are pretty much impossible for me. Plus I'm 5'10" and when I do wear heels (which I can only stand for about 5 minutes), I look like the jolly green giant, lol.

This is me in a nutshell. I'm a size 9 and am extremely flat footed and wide in my feet. I've had people double take at my feet and wonder if a man used to own them. I'm 5'9'' and look insanely tall as well. I prefer kitten heels if I really have to wear a heel and also like boots. Dressy boots make me the happiest.
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Heels I can live with. The man who invented panty hose needs to be strung up with a pair of them...

I'm with you here, love heels hate nylons!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Death to the misogynistic *kitten* who invented these torture devices!!!!!!! Why can't they make us look dead sexy AND be comfortable?!?! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dr Scholls makes inserts for heels.

They work like a hot-damn.

I need to get me those! LOL.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options

Agreed, I'm 5'11" with size 11 boats (I mean shoes) If I wear heels, I tower over everyone!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    “If you have heels more than 2 inches high, it increases the forefoot pressure under the ball of your foot by seven times. So an average woman of 120 to 155 pounds with heels over 2 inches high has roughly 700 to 800 pounds of pressure in that area. So it makes sense that it should be painful."

Some women are mental.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I love heels!!!
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options

This is me in a nutshell. I'm a size 9 and am extremely flat footed and wide in my feet. I've had people double take at my feet and wonder if a man used to own them. I'm 5'9'' and look insanely tall as well. I prefer kitten heels if I really have to wear a heel and also like boots. Dressy boots make me the happiest.

I wish I could even find boots that are dressy. Since I'm a 12 I usually have to wear mens shoes....*groan*
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love my platform heels it really helps, also if the heels are cute enough ( like my Zombie stompers) I will suffer with any pain!
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wear 4-6 inch heels on a daily basis. They aren't uncomfortable if you walk properly. Most people, even in flat shoes, do not walk properly, and just smash their feet into the ground. Add a heel to that component, and you look like you're trying to hold a penny between your thighs when taking steps...not cute.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    This is why I like wedges, they look high but they're not really :wink:

Me too!! Love my wedges!!