High Heels

Options

Replies

• thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Heels I can live with. The man who invented panty hose needs to be strung up with a pair of them...

My thoughts exactly.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If you know how to properly in heels, even cheap ones are comfortable for wearing most of the day.

The problem is that most women walk like graceless gorillas.
    that was funny & true in some cases. If you can't walk in them don't wear them
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a exotic dancer & at work I wear 8 inch stiletto boots so heels are cool in my book. They don't really bother me at all
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    lol...so true. Hold your head up, gaze straight ahead and you should hear "SNAP, SNAP", not "CLUNK, CLUNK". Words of wisdom from my mother-in-law.
  • WBSJR
    WBSJR Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that is hilarious! i don;t see how y'all do it... yes, they look HOT on you but I'm glad I don't have to torture myself with them. It was especially amusing to watch a lady in stilettos navigate the grassy area next to Olive Garden while at lunch one day... Poor thing sunk so far into the ground she almost fell over. i was gonna ask her if she'd come over and aerate my yard, but she probably would have decked me :laugh:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Just say NO to heels...................anything higher than an inch, and my feel are in pain.

But then, I'm OLD, and I don't want to wear the damn things, so I don't :smokin: :smokin:

Some of the shoes out there now are just plain horrific-looking............who can REALLY wear that stuff without intense pain? God never intended for us to prance around on little toothpicks, only to end up with bunions and pain and blisters. ugggh, no thank you.

spiky-high-heels1.jpg
    If I was to wear these, it would feel like those SPIKES were on the INSIDE!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 12 shoe and I am flat-footed. Heels are pretty much impossible for me. Plus I'm 5'10" and when I do wear heels (which I can only stand for about 5 minutes), I look like the jolly green giant, lol.
    I'm 6'4" with a ladies 12 also. I love wearing heels (when I can find them in my size lol). You might look like a jolly green giant, but a sexy one! Be proud and rock that tallness girl! :wink:
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 12 shoe and I am flat-footed. Heels are pretty much impossible for me. Plus I'm 5'10" and when I do wear heels (which I can only stand for about 5 minutes), I look like the jolly green giant, lol.

Exactly!!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    brb-using-imagination-since-no-slides.jpg

Mmmm. I'd wear heels every day and wouldn't complain if I could have The Rock!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    spiky-high-heels1.jpg
    If I was to wear these, it would feel like those SPIKES were on the INSIDE!

Anyone who was to wear those would deserve any pain they caused.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    brb-using-imagination-since-no-slides.jpg

Mmmm. I'd wear heels every day and wouldn't complain if I could have The Rock!
    Oh yes, I second this! LOL!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    To you tall girls... SPARE ME. One of my girlfriends is 5'11.5" and no one rocks a pair of 5" stilettos like she does. I used to work with a woman that was 6'2" and loved wearing heels every day.

Own your height. It's incredibly sexy to see a self confident woman towering above us shorties.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong...I love my heels. I'm only 5'2"; so I love to rock some high heels & feel taller :bigsmile: What I don't like is that some styles are for display only, if you know what I mean. And half the time, THOSE are the cute ones! :grumble:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    To you tall girls... SPARE ME. One of my girlfriends is 5'11.5" and no one rocks a pair of 5" stilettos like she does. I used to work with a woman that was 6'2" and loved wearing heels every day.

Own your height. It's incredibly sexy to see a self confident woman towering above us shorties.
    My thoughts exactly :drinker:
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    In my experience, guess brand heels r the best for comfort

I second this! People wonder how I can wear 5 inch heels all day at work. It's cuz they are good quality and they are comfortable. If you buy 5 inch heels from Payless, you're probably gonna hurt, Lol! If you buy $100+ heels from Macys you'll stand a chance to make it all day! ;)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have one pair of comfy high heels. They have a wider width. No pinching. I wore them all night at my brothers wedding. Who knew?
    Wouldnt you know my teenager found them and stole them from me.
  • Bethincha
    Options
    Honestly, my Mom has never been very feminine so I learned how to walk in heels from a book by RuPaul ( 'Workin' It!' ). Hahaha! Basically not putting any weight on your heels. He also had a good shoe store where he could get super large sized heels; I can't remember where. The books hysterical though!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am tall and I love towering over everyone. I wish I was just a bit taller in fact. Heels make your legs look like they go on forever when you are tall. Actually, I wear stilleto heels most of the time

I wouldn't trade my heels for the world. I have some that are really comfortable and I wear clear heel and toe pads which are invisible when the shoes are on. There are ways to wear them without too much pain.
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I'm 6'4" with a ladies 12 also. I love wearing heels (when I can find them in my size lol). You might look like a jolly green giant, but a sexy one! Be proud and rock that tallness girl! :wink:

Thanks! Yay for sexy amazon women! lol
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Don't buy heels that are uncomfortable. Find a heel that is sexy but stable. They are out there.

Granted, this is easy for me to say. As a woman with extraordinarily high arches (people ask regularly if I was ever a dancer/ballerina), heels are more comfortable for me than flats are.

Agreed! I have high arches, so I've always felt more at ease in heels than in flat shoes.