I lost 171 pounds in 13 months all natural! My Story!

Options
In short, I was battling obesity most of my early adulthood until 2010 when I decided to take a hold of my life after a health scare. I've lost a total of 171 pounds in 13 months all natural through diet and exercising. :smile: I've been maintaining since November 2011. I'm totally committed to the journey! I'm healthy mentally, physically and emotionally! GOD is good!

I was very much of an emotional eating. I'm not cured, but I've adopted a healthy lifestyle. My weight loss journey was all natural. No supplements (not even vitamins), no surgery... I normally run,kick box, Zumba and do the Arc Trainer at Level 20 (highest level) resistance 35-40. The Arc trainer is a calorie burner I love it! I started with the treadmill 15 minutes, then elevated to the Elliptical for 45 minutes, then to the Arc trainer for an hour.

I'm pretty discipline with weighing and measuring my food. I cut back on junk and try to eat whole foods- little to no processed food. I cook mostly all my meals and plan in advance. I'll say 80% of my success came from what I ate. I try to keep a positive attitude....

Lastly, during the losing phase, I lost every week consecutively for 13 months. No plateau or weight gain.

====

beforeafter2012.jpg

beforeafter2012fnsmall.jpg

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wowzers. you're definitely an inspiration to us all!
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing and I LOVE your arms! Can you give us an example of what you might eat for a typical meal or snack?
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Holy cr4p...look at you go!!! Well done :-))
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Your muscle tone is fantastic - you can really see all the hard work you put into yourself. Congratulations!
  • luckygirl007
    luckygirl007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    job well done,.,your gorgeous and an inspiration!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration! You look gorgeous, fit and happy!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :happy:
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Amazing you look great - well done on all your hard work and committment! You are an inspiration.
  • BeautifulVirgo
    BeautifulVirgo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you are my motivation girl i lost more than 70 pounds twice and this time i will keep it off I'm too young ..you gave me an extra push... so did you watch calories or carbs what was your regimen?
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic. Congratulations on a great job!
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    In short, I was battling obesity most of my early adulthood until 2010 when I decided to take a hold of my life after a health scare. I've lost a total of 171 pounds in 13 months all natural through diet and exercising. :smile: I've been maintaining since November 2011. I'm totally committed to the journey! I'm healthy mentally, physically and emotionally! GOD is good!

I was very much of an emotional eating. I'm not cured, but I've adopted a healthy lifestyle. My weight loss journey was all natural. No supplements (not even vitamins), no surgery... I normally run,kick box, Zumba and do the Arc Trainer at Level 20 (highest level) resistance 35-40. The Arc trainer is a calorie burner I love it! I started with the treadmill 15 minutes, then elevated to the Elliptical for 45 minutes, then to the Arc trainer for an hour.

Goshhhhhhhhh..I just cant believe my eyes..... way to go and such a motivator u r .... I am struggling to shed those 20-30 extra lbs off my body :( but never succeed in last 3 yrs,,, hope I post a success story by at least my 30th bday this coming May ...

Please share ur routine.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..you look amazing and are a true inspiration!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! What great dedication!
  • melisssaarielle
    melisssaarielle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    THat is amazing! WAY TO GO!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    omg!! you look amazing :) you did a fab job and you look SO good. way to go hun.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! Well done...what an inspiration you are to everyone. You are absolutely gorgeous! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    wow you look total awesome! I always wonder what my skin will look like after i diet will i have alot of saggy skin. your arms are so skinny.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SO amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!