I lost 171 pounds in 13 months all natural! My Story!

Options

Replies

• brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss, Love your arms, you look amazing. Very inspiring:)
  • danimack
    danimack Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!!! You look amazing!!!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Amazing. So incredibly proud of you. :flowerforyou:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous! Congratulations and props for all your effort.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look amazing!!!!!!!!!! Your story and pics made me want to run out and get my butt on a treadmill! If I can lose this last 30-40 in a year, I will be ecstatic. But to what YOU have done!!! I am inspired. I would like to see your food plan that you used.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You deserve all the praise - you did all the hard work to get to your goal. You look amazing! And I bet you feel that way, too! Way to go!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job! Super inspiring!! Amazing..
  • bllewis8283
    Options
    Your story has inspired me to do more and stop being lazy. I know that I am most successful when I plan and eat the right things. I am learning to incorporate more exercise but I like the simple sample plan that you gave. And it all sounds really good and simple.

Thanks.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!! Congrats!! :)
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!!! Congrats on your success :)
  • asherid
    asherid Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!!!
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    In short, I was battling obesity most of my early adulthood until 2010 when I decided to take a hold of my life after a health scare. I've lost a total of 171 pounds in 13 months all natural through diet and exercising. :smile: I've been maintaining since November 2011. I'm totally committed to the journey! I'm healthy mentally, physically and emotionally! GOD is good!

I was very much of an emotional eating. I'm not cured, but I've adopted a healthy lifestyle. My weight loss journey was all natural. No supplements (not even vitamins), no surgery... I normally run,kick box, Zumba and do the Arc Trainer at Level 20 (highest level) resistance 35-40. The Arc trainer is a calorie burner I love it! I started with the treadmill 15 minutes, then elevated to the Elliptical for 45 minutes, then to the Arc trainer for an hour.

I'm pretty discipline with weighing and measuring my food. I cut back on junk and try to eat whole foods- little to no processed food. I cook mostly all my meals and plan in advance. I'll say 80% of my success came from what I ate. I try to keep a positive attitude....

Lastly, during the losing phase, I lost every week consecutively for 13 months. No plateau or weight gain.

====

beforeafter2012.jpg

beforeafter2012fnsmall.jpg
    You look fabulous! Great job!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    AMAZING! Thank you for sharing your story!!! So happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • busey
    busey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG that is amazing, you should be flaunting that hot bod. Good for you!!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! Great Job!
  • jburk2949
    jburk2949 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration you are, I'm proud of you. Keep maintaining :-)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    FAKE! Look at the first pic carefully. The cellphones aren't even the same!!

(That's the kind of comment you'd get if this were a YouTube before/after video.)

Seriously though, congratulations, you did really well, and fairly quickly too. I wish I could have got onto the nutrition bandwagon much sooner in my own journey, then I'd probably have a better number to show for my work. I think a lot of people rush into surgeries and whatnot, without even looking into the consequences. I came to the conclusion that the only way to do amazing things that will last is to put the actual effort in and do it right with exercise and proper food choices and portion sizes, just as you've done. A total lifestyle change, not a quick fix.
  • Beautybeyondmyskin
    Beautybeyondmyskin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    GIRL you look GREAT!!!!!!!!! I love the fact that YOU DID IT NATURAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROVEN THAT IT CAN BE DONE!!!!!!!!****HIGH FIVE**** You are amazing .....A HERO YOU ARE IN MY EYES=)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!! I have got to come up with a different word as I have used this one far to much over the last few days with all these wonderful 100+ pound successes. You look Incredible, every single inch of your body has changed. I bet people who have not seen you in 13 months walk right past you now.
    Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us. You are truly an inspiration for those of us with 100's of pounds to lose. I hope I have as much dedication as you do and in 13 months look half as good as you do and I will be very happy.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Feel free to share those recipes ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!