13»

Replies

• godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krirobi
    Options
    Low-fat cottage cheese, strawberry jam and sunflower seeds mixed.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Plain Chobani 0% with one truvia and fresh berries! Another favorite is Plain Chobani with a half of a packet of the No Sugar Added Swiss Miss hot Chocolate. Stir it up really well, tastes like Chocolate mousse but has a ton of protein and only 120 calories :)
    I thought I was the only one to mix unconventional things into my Chobani - I add half a packet of Crystal Light Lemon Drink Mix (no sugar, fat, calories) and it tastes delicious....a bit like key lime cheesecake

ME TOO!!! lol. I get the tub of plain chobani, weigh out 8 ounces and add a packet of truvia and either berries or cucumber (its really yummy with cucumber!!). Another daily snack is an ounce of nuts EVERY DAY!! Either pistachios or almonds. Keeps me full ;o) and if I'm still hungry I have a snack cheese from cow pals.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Apple and cinnamon rice cakes with a teaspoon of light ricotta dolloped on top. This would be extra good with slice strawberries on top.

Or some of the fresh fruit in season right notw- cherries (though the season is nearly finished now :sad:) and white flesh nectarines - YUM!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    microwave kettle corn...100cal.pack
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Blood oranges and dark chocolate seem to be my favorite things right now. I could eat blood oranges all day long, oh man.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Any of the Chobani non-fat yogurts! Tons of protein, and low calories. Keep me full for a long time.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The wasabi snack reminds me of the time I first had wasabi roasted peas in the house. I had a bowl on the bench that myself and a couple of girlfriends were nibbling on. In walks hubby and before I could say anything he has grabbed a big handful and tossed them all in his mouth. The reaction was priceless and had us all in stitches! He has never had wasabi since.

On to the original question, my favourite snack at the moment is chopped fresh fruit or almonds.

Donna
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    PECANS! I'd forgotten how much I LOVE them. Lately they're a new go to snack for me big time.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    celery with light laughing cow cheese or an apple with peanut butter...depends if i was sweet or crunchy!!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted spicy pumpkin seeds. Lots of magnesium, protein, and zinc. Also, freeze dried raspberries. Crunchy and sweet and tart! And when I need a chocolate fix, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows--80 calories and pretty filling, especially at night when you need dessert.
  • buterfly120
    Options
    For a warm more dessert like snack, I cut up apple with the skin on and sprinkle cinnamon. Cook in the microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Yummy!!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've started microwaving a whole bag of turkey bacon until they are SUPER crunchy and on the verge of burning... then stuff it in a ziplock bag and keep it in my purse. High in sodium, but sure tastes good, and only 25 calories per piece. And I just love it!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Mine is dark chocolate roasted almonds from Blue Diamond. So good! Although, I have to make myself eat only one serving.
    I LOVE those...but too much...it is on the list of things I can't have in the house just yet lol

OhMyGoodness! I looooove these! I, too, can't keep them around. Gone in one evening. Sigh.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If I just want to munch, raw green beans. Seriously. They crunch like chips (I just wish they tasted like chips)
    Apples if I am craving sweet
    Chobani greek yogurt if I'm actually hungry but can't eat a meal soon
  • DKLinDeutschland
    Options
    edamame... 120 cals
    double tall soy latte... 130 cals
    one tumaro's low carb tortilla with a table spoon of reduced fat cream cheese, half a packet of splenda and a sprinkle of cinnamon...95 cal
    reduced sodium sunflower seed (1/2 cup w/shell) 120ish cals...

Oh, and this one is weird but I'm trying to reinvent this desert I had in Sardinia... a 1 oz slice of fresh light mozarella melted on a quarter piece of lavash bread (55cal) or a quarter of pocket bread with a teaspoon of honey.

Dang! Now I want a snack!
  • Toledus666
    Options
    bananas and dates all day
  • sharicav
    Options
    I also love the roasted nori snacks but prefer the SeaSnax brand. SeaSnax comes in Spicy Chipotle, Wasabi, Toasty Onion and Classic Olive Oil. I love that they use olive oil - don't have to worry about gmo's in the canola or sesame oils!
  • cccpups
    cccpups Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze Dark Chocolate Almond Milk heated in the microwave. Tastes like melted Hershey bars - heavenly! Goya gluten free corn cookies when I need to munch, sounds horrible, tastes delightful. Two ounces of roasted unsalted peanuts, but it's hard to stop eating nuts once I get started! Sliced apples cooked in a microwave bag for a minute - a nice hot snack for cold weather.