Vicious Vikings row the world!

Options
Hi everyone. Here's the place to post your daily results, and chat about your hopes for this month.

I'm Jane, and I'll do my best to keep on top of your posts, keep the spreadsheet up to date, and generally be fabulous.

Spreadsheet will be ready very soon, and I'll post it to this thread. I'm happy for you to enter data directly into the sheet, if you want to, or pop it in the thread and I'll sort it for you.

With two more days to go, you may want to **** your oars, so to speak.

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Members of the team this time round are:

Penny_eclipse
    Craig
    Icewolf
    Immz
    K2quiere

If you're not already friended up, now might be a good time to do so.

Might be nice to get things started by introducing yourself, and saying a bit about what you want to achieve this month.

I'm Jane, and I'm hoping to boost my calorie burn to get back to burning 5000-6000 per week. I'd also like to build my running speed, so that I'm a little closer to running my 6 mile in an hour or less. Most of all I want to kick start my weightloss a bit, as it's stalled horribly!
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane, how does this work? Is it distance based or calories burned?
    I ask as I don't run, I row, crosstrain and weight train. So my distances aren't great but my burns can be. I also famously aquajog! lol.
    I'm looking forward to it tho.
    Craig x

I'm quite close to my target weight and I'm focussing on toning now, hence the weights, but I still try to do 60 mins a day cardio/fatburn. My goal for the month is to kick my *kitten*! x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    It's just like the other, Craig - calories burned. The 'rowing' is like the 'flying' in the previous game - it's notional.

Our burns are multiplied by .25 to get the daily mileage.

I know how hard you work, and I'm sure you're going to have an amazing month!
  • craig1970
    Options
    Thanks Jane, I'll be striving for 1000cals/day burns hopefully 6 days per week. x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Here's the spreadsheet. It isn't finished, but the first week is done, so we're good to go!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkC9aDYAzemGdHlMMnAwZEhTVHN1T3h2UnZJYTdmNnc&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm ready! I'm Bobbie and my goal is just to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working. I just wanna win :-D
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'm ready! I'm Bobbie and my goal is just to keep doing what I'm doing because it's working. I just wanna win :-D

you've come to the right place. . . :-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    My photoshop skills are sad, but here's a banner of sorts if anyone wants it.

viciousvikings.jpg
  • meerkat70
    Options
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004b6be7744564fff77d&msa=0&

The map. In a few days time, we'll be streaking along that line, miles ahead of the opposition. Go us, go!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    That's a long trip! I think it took them a couple of months to complete it last time.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    It does look long, doesn't it? I don't think we did the 'times by .25' thing for the santa drop, either, so it may well take longer.

Of course, we won't take that long. We'll be round in no time.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    You, me and Wolfie, plus extras...oh yeah, it's in the bag!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Most of us burn a thousand plus, several times a week. Craig puts in a thousand most days. Immz clocks that whenever he plays squash, and puts in significant burns the rest of the time, and Penny's fantastically consistent with daily burns, usually in the high hundreds (it sucks to be skinny, eh Penny? :-) )

I generally clock 5000-6000 a week.

We're going to do fabulously! We came in fourth last time, and that's despite most of us already having slid into a Christmas related exercise slump. I reckon no-one's going to touch us this time around!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Rawr! ;)

You know they're learning about making the track as long as possible. I'm surprised they didn't throw in a complete loop around Antarctica, Greenland, and Iceland as well. ;)

I look forward to blowin out some serious workouts.. But I know it's slacky of me to only do it 3x a week, so I'll try and find ways to sneak in other exercise during the week that we can use to keep scootin us around. I've tried to paddle two days back to back but my little flippers just rebelled at that notion so that's a no go. :P

And actually Penny, Craig and Immz all 3 are far too skinny to bust out the high calorie burns they do. I am wicked impressed with how much they push out everytime we do one of these monster challenges.

Rock on Teammates Rock on. :)

Bobbie has golden buns, you'll see, She'll get on that damn bike and it'll be all over ;) *teehee*

Lookin forward my fellow vikings kickin some tail this time... Suksess! (Norwegian isn't that hard afterall ;)
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to this one...
    gotta dash squash is calling me.....

Im sure we will all do brilliantly....
  • craig1970
    Options
    OK, I've added my burn today to the spreadsheet, it autosaves, simples! :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    639 for me today. Wolfie and Craig - awesome, incredible burns! Well done!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone today!! Way to get us off to a great start!! :)
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Ok, so I looked at the spreadsheet, and you all have made me look like a slacker today. Yes, Wed is my rest day, but dang, do you all have to be so damn good??? Anyway, I'll be back to the gym tomorrow ;-)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    This is yesterday's:

Total Cals burned 7370
    total miles 1842.5

We're not just good, we're amazing!

Quick dog walk this morning. I'd hoped to run today, but I've got shin splints brewing so I'll gym and swim instead. Missing the running, it seems ages since Monday!