Vicious Vikings row the world!

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204655860575059420912.0004b6be7744564fff77d&msa=0&ll=28.969701,-86.330566&spn=5.6210

Unless I'm mistaken, we have pulled off in the lead!

Let's build on that success today. :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Found you! (sorry for taking a while to do this).

Taking my gym stuff with me to go after my 4.30 tutorial, so probably hitting the gym at peak time at around 5pm but screw it, it's all about the calories right now I'm STARVING!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Most of us burn a thousand plus, several times a week. Craig puts in a thousand most days. Immz clocks that whenever he plays squash, and puts in significant burns the rest of the time, and Penny's fantastically consistent with daily burns, usually in the high hundreds (it sucks to be skinny, eh Penny? :-) )

I generally clock 5000-6000 a week.

We're going to do fabulously! We came in fourth last time, and that's despite most of us already having slid into a Christmas related exercise slump. I reckon no-one's going to touch us this time around!

Lol it does indeed stuck to be "skinny", I hate that my burns have gone down massively since losing 30% of my body weight...but this is definitely the incentive I need to get my butt out the door this winter as it's SO FREAKING COLD at the moment!!!

I have to cycle everywhere for uni...but I try and do about 400-600cals a day burns whenever I can...(obviously waaaay more when I can) and I get a good 300 just from cycling to and from seeing my bf...so I guess I should just try to see him more!

We got this...I am not going to slide into a *February it's cold* exercise slump...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    today was 1406 for me. I walked, I swam, i biked, i rowed and I picked things up and put them down again.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome everyone!!! I've got some walkies in so far, and some home repair ;) Off to do one big last grocery store run *chuffs* and then I'll log it up :)D Rawr!! :D

*note* Had to stay close to home today: Hubby had a tooth extracted under sedation. And he's the king of big *kitten* all drugged up and ****. So I have to feed him, and change him and.. ;) You all get the picture. Tee hee! :D
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hi Vikings

I've reported yesterday's burns to Lee. 5401 cals, 1350 miles.

Best burn on Wednesday was Cynthia, with a huge 3205. Yesterday it was me, with 1406. (Less, it has to be said than Craig's amazing Monday burn of 1791!

Basically, though, it has to be said, we're all doing pretty incredibly! Let's see if we can hold our position as one of the lead teams over the weekend?

Today, I'm off to gym in a little while. I still can't run, which is driving me nuts, but I'll do some time on the bike and see how much I can burn doing that and some rowing. If the pool's open, i'll go have a swim too, to burn a bit more before coming home.

I won't be about too much over the weekend, as i'm visiting the outlaws. (Scared!) But I'm hoping to run before I go, if this leg feels better, and we're walking in the mountains on SUnday, so I should be able to post some decent burns.

J x
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    sorry for my little 366 for today (I was out on site and so had to miss my bike ride to 4hr lecture and the opportunity to go to the gym as I'd planned).

Long story...tutors offered me an amazing opportunity for an MSc topic with an old tutor assessing a building just being completed that's up for lots of awards...there was a site visit today so at 10,30pm last night the architect phones me and says "sure come on site with me tomorrow from 10am"....me = *big sigh* as it meant I had to drive home to my parents house last night around midnight (about an hour), to be most of the way there, to not have much sleep, to get up early to get to site in the freeeeeeezing cold...and I had to miss all my planned exercise. I did get a yummy dinner tonight, and I did bring my workout stuff with me so I fully intend to get my *kitten* in gear tomorrow before driving back (after an early night). But I'm a little peeved...so I'm going to just fix it tomorrow rather than worrying about it tonight when there's not much I can do to change this...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Sounds exhausting Penny!
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My schedule for Friday & Saturday is a kitchen rip out and re-fit, so I'm unlikely to get to the gym. But as you can imagine, I'll be spending both days doing a serious DIY project so hope to get a reasonable burn in.
    I aim to hit the gym Sunday for a good double cardio session!

Well done on the Feb burns so far peeps! x
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My god you're all so busy you' shame my lazy pool *kitten* to bits. Out doing real things and productive things and and and ;)

So this weekend I've got a bit of home repair myself Craig. nothing as massive as yours you big brute! Go you! I've got to change out to bathroom light fixtures and replumb the internal workings on a toilet. Yay! *flexes* :)

Most of my weekend will be spent listening to my husband whine ***** moan and kvetch about doing his job once again. So it's time I come clean on why I don't have to work I guess ;) Husband is the webmaster for a lot of top rock groups. One of them is Madonna. Who is performing during the US Football Superbowl game this Sunday. And announcing her new tour. (yeah that was supposed to be a secret but the CEO of Livenation squealed on Thursday so ****it) ;) Anyway tour is going on sale Tuesday roughly 8am UK time. And the first date is somewhere Not in the US not in Europe. Okay enough said. Anyhoo... I've got to listen to him ***** whine all weekend as he has to work keeping things running and coding and pimping and slaving and *cracks whip* you know, making mommy money. ;) We do so love the money. So I get to cook, clean, and run around making things like chicken wings for him ;) Ah well... it's a living. :D

Have a great weekend everyone!!! Keep up the good work.

We're number 1, we're number 1!!! LOL :)D Lets keep up the good work for Monday ;)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Guys i have really limited, phone based internet. can't access spreadsheet etc. if anyone is on let's list and wants to let him know our stats for Friday and Saturday, that's cool. if not i'll sort tonight when i get back. i didn't enter k2 yet from Friday, and haven't put in Saturday at all.

Only managed a walk yesterday but should be able to do more today.

X
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi all,

1000 cals burned yesterday not going to be able to make it to the gym today due to the snow,
    going to do a bit of weight lifting at home instead.

hope your all enjoying ur weekend..

Immz..
  • meerkat70
    Options
    OK, I've just reported Friday and Saturday's burns to Lee. He'd already updated the map, so those burns aren't reflected. Despite that, we're in 6th, so we'll leap forward when those are registered. And for today's burn, I'm just waiting on one or two more people. I think some of the UK based teams will have already posted for today, so I reckon with those in, we'll move even further up.

I really hope that my leg is well enough for me to run in the morning! I'm getting proper fed up with not being able to.

Cynthia, that sounds like one hell of a busy time! Try to have as much fun as you can... !
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps,
    I've made today my rest day as I couldnt get to the gym for a few reasons.
    But rest assured, I'm going to steam it for the week ahead.

Keep it up, my hard rockin' amigos!
    x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    OK, so for our first week,

25899 cals
    6474.75 miles

This puts us back up in either 1st or 2nd place, by my reckoning, but I guess we'll see once Lee updates with our new figures.

J
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    woop woop...snow was good for something today, 3hr walk with bf = nice burn.

hope you all had a lovely weekend, personally i can't wait to get my bum into the gym tomorrow for a nice big burn (coz i doubt the snow if going to shift for me to go running...)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    We're back into 2nd! Let's burn baby burn and get back to number 1! :-)

I reckon if we can all put in a significant burn today, we'll move back into first.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Pah, we've been nudged into third. Come on you lot, get your oars out! :-D
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    I tried hard! 894 today for me x
  • meerkat70
    Options
    We're slowly climbing back to our rightful number one spot. A day or two of consistent good burns from everyone will sort us. . .