Girls- Longest Gone W/O TOM?

Options

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Surefire way to get your period: wear khakis or white pants.

Guaranteed. :grumble:

YES!! Or have a fun night out or concert planned.
    I missed a month two years ago. Never figured out why. Just never got it! Didn't miss it though.
  • Katieladie40
    Options
    I went 6 months without one. I went to the doctor and turns out i have PCOS. See a doctor!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I envy y'all. I once had my period for 3 months STRAIGHT. Would've been longer if I hadn't manned up and got an exam and pills. No diagnosis, just a retarded cycle, I guess. I wanted to rip my uterus out.. and still do. >:(
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I envy y'all. I once had my period for 3 months STRAIGHT. Would've been longer if I hadn't manned up and got an exam and pills. No diagnosis, just a retarded cycle, I guess. I wanted to rip my uterus out.. and still do. >:(
    You clearly didn't read my post. I hope you get checked out more thoroughly if something else like that happens.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i havent had mine in a year....my body fat is really low. when i was 20 pounds heavier my periods were impossible to predict but they happened every month or so. its because i dont eat enough fats and it sucks but ive been deliberately concentrating on eating more nuts and guacamole!!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    9 months a for an unknown reason, then almost 3 years because of the depo shot
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    who's Tom-he must really get around! :bigsmile:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have gone as long as four months without TOM, but have often had my periods induced by progesterone pills. I also have PCOS, which explains the irregularities. Now I am on birth control (generic version of YAZ) and am much better overall both hormonally and periodwise.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You clearly didn't read my post. I hope you get checked out more thoroughly if something else like that happens.
    I have now! Pills control my period now, but now it's weirdly sporadic. I'd love a hysterectomy but my gyno thinks I'm took young for one. I'll have to wait it out.
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    If you have been working out hard it it totally normal. When I joined the military I did not have one throughout basic and AIT due to the amount of PT we did.
  • klydrl
    klydrl Posts: 7
    Options
    5 years this May. But it's due to the Mirena. Best BC ever!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Mine was really screwy before I went on bc. I'd miss it for 3 months and then get it and get it two weeks later. It also got messed up when the seasons changed (IE when winter changed to fall I'd have five weeks between them) The weather affected them too, real hot weather and really cold weather resulted in much heavier much more painful periods. But I have endometriosis so thats why.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Never had one.

Well, not naturally. When I was 16 my parents took me to the doctor and said 'she's broken- fix her.' That's when my PCOS was diagnosed and I've been on the pill ever since. I haven't taken it in probably 6 months though, and still no period. (Just took an EPT a couple weeks ago too- so I"m still just not having a cycle.) I usually go a while without having one, then I'll get back on the pill, have one, then take a few months off.

Not sure how you people do it monthly, haha...
  • smiles4support
    Options
    it happened to me last year due to over training...I've been pretty regular since I've backed off....
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've gone about 6 months w/o one, that was due to the rigorous training of boot camp and living with a bunch of other females. If I hang around someone long enough, my TOM will adjust the same time as theirs, so I skip sometimes. It's weird.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh dear x
    Please, please to those who actually are underweight and having stopped periods please think about what you are doing to your bodies and its workings.
    If you want children in the future then you may be putting that at risk and also putting yourselves at a high risk of osteoporosis in the future.
    I really do mean that with the mist kindness and best wishes.
    Being super skinny isnt surely worth jeapordising your future health for is it?

Love from me xx
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well the first 13 years of my life :laugh: but besides that....about a year! ..and i've had a month long tom before :noway:
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have extremely regular periods. I had one last month for the first time in a year. In OCT my doctor finally diagnosed me with PCOS. When I was a teen I was put on birth control to regular my periods and it did not work. We are hoping that weight loss with eventually help me with a regular cycle.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Well the first time I went without it was when I was pregnant with my son because I was on BC and had a period the first 2 months i was pregnant. The 2nd time was a full 9 months when I was pregnant with my daughter. Other than that, Ive been pretty regular.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    22 months between pregnancy and nursing.