Oh Keurig Coffee maker, how I love you...:d

Options

Replies

• blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have thought about getting one. Not sure if the investment is worth it. How does it "perform" when you have a large group of people drinking coffee? Say 8-12 for a Bible study?

We've never had a problem with several people who are drinking coffee; heating time is minimal even when the tank is refilled. I love my Keurig.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    This was my favorite christmas gift this year!!! :drinker:
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    Love my Keurig! Bought it for myself as a Christmas present. :drinker:
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just got a keurig for christmas, and I do like it. I am a tea drinker but I like an occasional cup of coffee. This is perfect for me, one cup at a time. I prefer the flavored coffee over regular strong type. Where can I get this type of coffee with out spending a lot of money. Right now I am drinking Donut shop from Costco. But I don't want to buy 80 per box, in case I do not like it.

Get the smaller boxes to try. Lots of places sell them. The Hot Apple Cider is awesome!
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love mine also My hubby got it for me 2 xmas ago. I also drink lots of tea,I just put the water in and the tea bag in cup in seconds Im drinking it. For crowds it is great I have a carousel that has lots of differant flavors each guest can pick their own .
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I was contemplating getting one - now it is a definate!
  • plt55
    Options
    Amazon and actually I get varieties from ebay
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be a hater....but really...if you are having a bunch of people over, can you not just use a regular coffee machine? and really, making tea...is not hard. you place a teabag in a mug and boil water. voila- done.

i think my main issue with these new things is the amount of waste that is generated from them....seems very backwards (shouldn't we be moving towards more sustainable ways of eating/living? not adding even more waste to the landfills?)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just got a keurig for christmas, and I do like it. I am a tea drinker but I like an occasional cup of coffee. This is perfect for me, one cup at a time. I prefer the flavored coffee over regular strong type. Where can I get this type of coffee with out spending a lot of money. Right now I am drinking Donut shop from Costco. But I don't want to buy 80 per box, in case I do not like it.

Get the smaller boxes to try. Lots of places sell them. The Hot Apple Cider is awesome!

Also Walmart and Targets tend to carry the 12-24ish size boxes. (Walmart has a great sugar free cider Mmmm!) Or get the My K-cup reusable coffee filter thingy and you can use whatever coffee you want.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Chai Latte!!!!!! I just got my Keurig this past weekend. I LOVE it! It's supposed to come into work with me, but I don't think hubby will let it out of the house. The Caramel Cappuchino is amazing too!!!!

My husband is addicted to the caramel cappuccino!!!
  • plt55
    Options
    I have a few friends with them so we all buy a differant kind then split up boxes so we all have a variety without having to buy 3 kinds ourselves.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love mine and usually use it for green tea but I love the Vanilla Biscotti Coffee by Folgers. So yummy!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    CURRENTLY I am sipping on a DELISH mug of CHOCOLATE VELVET coffee.....freshly brewed from my keurig here at work..:) And the best part is...the coffee is so delish, i'm drinking it 'NAKED'...no sweetener or cream needed...:D
    Ok...that ends my random random post

How ironic. I'm sippinmg a cup of Lake Lodge that I had to battle the Keurig to brew. The thing gets used 1,000,000x a day. the thing is filthy so it's totally clogged.

I believe the Keurig makes people forget that there is an actual art to brew coffee.
    My French Press will live forever

Do you have to clean it? Like run a empty cup through? I just got mine and want to keep it in top performance. ETA Keurig, not the french press ;-)

Running hot water through it will help keep it clean for a while. I doubt you'll ever have 20 people using it 5x a day like we do here at work. For home use I dont see it ever becoming a problem.
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. I not only have coffee, but I use it for just hot water when recipe calls for a cup or two.
  • ahersh00
    Options
    Have thought about getting one. Not sure if the investment is worth it. How does it "perform" when you have a large group of people drinking coffee? Say 8-12 for a Bible study?

It depends... Each cup can take up to 2 minutes to make... but it's nice if everyone wants to try something different.
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I love mine also My hubby got it for me 2 xmas ago. I also drink lots of tea,I just put the water in and the tea bag in cup in seconds Im drinking it. For crowds it is great I have a carousel that has lots of differant flavors each guest can pick their own .

Do you put the tea bag in the resuseable cup, or do you use a tea flavored k-cup? I was wondering about this!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I don't mean to be a hater....but really...if you are having a bunch of people over, can you not just use a regular coffee machine? and really, making tea...is not hard. you place a teabag in a mug and boil water. voila- done.

i think my main issue with these new things is the amount of waste that is generated from them....seems very backwards (shouldn't we be moving towards more sustainable ways of eating/living? not adding even more waste to the landfills?)

good point. It does create a lot of waste
  • Jackie_Byers
    Options
    I had a keurig, but found it was too hard to get a good variety of decafs that I liked, so I switched to the Aeropress on the advice of a co-worker. It makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had, and I can buy whatever whole bean decaf varieties I like and grind them myself.

If anybody likes the idea of brewing a single cup of coffee but doesn't want to shell out for a Keurig machine, look into the aeropress. You can get them on Amazon and at some specialty coffee stores.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We LOVE our Keurig!!! Have had a few years now. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do like my tea!! My husband loves trying all different coffees!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hubby bought me one for Christmas. LOVE it! !!