Jullian michaels.... The biggest winner.. ?

Options
124»

Replies

• AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is the first time i have followed any workout dvd. The inside of my shins hurt like crazy! And i finished the workout an hour ago. ugh!
    Mine started to hurt so bad that I thought something was wrong with me! I had to stop for a couple of days!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    wow!! 9 miles a day..no wonder! you rock!! well then, i will do my best to stick it out..i know she wants results..and if these people on the show..hundreds of lbs heavier can be pushed..then so should i! THanks for the advice..do you drink water prior/during/after or a protein shake?

Ha yeah well I jumped into it too fast and got a bit hooked. But, thanks! I was getting up with my husband at 5:30 and when he went to the gym I'd do one of the 5 mile walks and then in the afternoon while my son napped I'd pop in a 4 mile. But, I wound up hurting my ankles/feet ... I guess from too much too soon and couldn't do anything for a couple weeks. Then I eased back into things with Pilates and now I'm on a Jillian Kick. :)

I've never had a protien shake and lately I have been terrible with water intake. But, when I did it the first time through I would drink during. And if I felt like I couldn't get through something (cardio was a killer for me especially back then) I'd just sip my water and jump in when I could again). Now I'm better at getting through and usually just have a glass of water when I'm done.
  • MissesJai
    Options
    I do Zumba and love it too! It's a great workout. Tonight is Zumba toning...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Old workout? Jody Watley! I also have Yoga Booty Ballet on VHS. I bought a new dvd set a year or two ago with the original plus the fat burning workout, but it wasn't getting my heart rate up enough, so I put it away for when I'm at goal and don't need to try so hard.

I also agree on the JM sellout thing. When I first saw an ad for her pills, I thought I was seeing things! I still love her, though. I try not to judge! :smile:
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think i am going to switch it up. I am going to do zumba one day and a jillian michaels dvd the next day. That way i'm getting different workouts in. And my body isn't getting too much repetition. That and i'm not sure i can handle jm everyday. and i agree... she is annoying. so once i get the workout down, i will crank my music and workout.
  • lucybell333
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of 30DS and really enjoying it - it's challenging, but you can really feel it working. I was also inspired by a thread I read yesterday to take some "before" photos for the first time, so I'm excited to see the difference after 30 days! Just wish I'd bought her boxset now, rather than just this one!!
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've had these DVDs for quite some time now. I used them when I first got them and they were a bit of a challenge for me. I haven't done them for a while but these are the only workout DVDs I have so I should probably start them again. I'm hoping to drop a little bit more weight before I take the plunge into doing that.
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The Zumba DVD's are great! especially if you're a little worried about trying a class and dancing around in front of others :P i love the dvd's though, there's 3 of them so you can switch it up all the time and get different work outs