Pre-Logging Exercise

Options
How do you guys feel about pre-logging your exercise? I have a friend who pre-logs constantly and then comes back later to say she never actually did the workouts because "life got in the way" or something. They aren't like "80 calories burned doing 90 minutes of 'cleaning, general'" but like "560 calories burned doing 62 minutes of 'running, 6 mph (10 minute mile)' or something like that. But then she posts about how "none of her MFP friends are being supportive..." when they stopped commenting "great job!" on her "workouts".....This isn't a *b*tch mode* post, I'm just honestly wondering if anyone does this effectively? Pre-logs and then follows through?

Replies

• krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't log it until I actually do it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I sometimes pre-log same as I sometimes record food in advance. But if I don't do the exercise, or eat that food, then I remove it.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I sometimes pre-log same as I sometimes record food in advance. But if I don't do the exercise, or eat that food, then I remove it.

Yea! This is what I'd do..
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I pre-log food and exercise for the week... I exercise at night, and don't like to eat much after, just a quick protein snack, so I pre-log and eat it earlier in the day... An extra benefit is, since I've already eaten back my calories, I CAN'T not work out without going over my goal, so it insures I don't skip workouts!! :-D
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I 'prelog' and follow through.
    I really feel like an *kitten* if I post exercise, my friends comment, then I DON'T do it.
    In fact, its the encouragement of my MFP pals after I post planned exercise that helps me to do it when I'm not in the mood.
  • fairycake25
    Options
    i pre log all my food the day befor and dont log my exercise until i have done (which is generally in a morning) so then i know how much more i have to eat back during the day

If your not going to do the exercise or there i a tini chance "life will get in the way" you should never presume as u will end up eating more than what your allowed
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Most of the time during the week I pre-log, it actually motivates me to do it, but if I didn't do it I'd take it off...there is no point using mfp if you are going to cheat with food and exercise!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I pre-log food but not exercise. Sometimes I will makes notes (in the notes box on food page) of the exercise(s) I'm planning to do.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I plan out my week because I know that on certain days I will do weights and on other days cardio. This also helps me to plan on running enough of a calorie deficit to compensate for those days were I don't exercise at all. It's a bit anal, but it works for me.
  • simplyblessed5
    simplyblessed5 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I usually don't log it until AFTER I'm finished; however, sometimes I have my phone on my elliptical with me and I'll log it just so I know what my goal is. I've never not accomplished it. Everything I log... I do!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

exactly, if im on the go and i know i wont have time to log it in during the day. ill do it in the morning...and if i dont do it i just delete it
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I never pre-log exercise OR food, what if I don't do it or don't eat that or the amounts, all you're doing is cheating yourself if it's not exact........and you're REALLY cheating yourself logging exercise that you don't do......shame, shame, shame!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes pre-log my food if I know what I will have, but I never pre-log my exercise because I don't know what my HRM will read at the end. Plus circumstances might change things, like weather, humidity, how I feel, etc.
    All she is doing is doing is lying to herself by pre-logging and not following up with it.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Yep same here.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything, it is my way to keep me accountable!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why does it bother you? She's not sabotaging your progress - only hers.

If it really bothers you then delete her. This is not real life and you are free to choose your friends for whatever reason you want.
  • Tortoisegirl7
    Tortoisegirl7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I pre-log if I know Im going somewhere and know how long it takes for me to walk there but for big workouts I don't pre-log.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I never pre-log anything because Life does get in the way. Even my meals can be disrupted. She's only cheating herself.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options

If it really bothers you then delete her. This is not real life and you are free to choose your friends for whatever reason you want.

I have to disagree that this isn't real life. We've dedicated ourselves to a healthier lifestyle and we depend on many of our MFP's for motivation and criticism. But I do agree that it doesn't sabotage your progress and delete her if it does bother you.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options

I may end up deleting her...But I disagree--this *is* real life! Otherwise nothing I did on here would matter!