Options

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    To the OP, I appreciate this post :):flowerforyou:
    Thanks for getting me!!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Yeah gonna take you off my friends list. I go on here to get support from my friends on here if I'm having a bad day because I have a lot of issues myself. This just made me feel like ****. Thanks!
    Welp I guess it is for the best because I didn't even know you a friend of mine on here..sorry
  • mshortcake622
    mshortcake622 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just did what she should do. If you don't like it, hide it. Just talking **** about it isn't going to help anyone. Maybe they have more problems than you think. You shouldn't be so quick to judge. :tongue:
  • mshortcake622
    mshortcake622 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely for the best because immaturity and negativity does not fly with me. Farewell!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Definitely for the best because immaturity and negativity does not fly with me. Farewell!
    MyFitnessPal Site-wide Community Guidelines
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger.

No need to call me names..just move on if you don't agree I don't understand it.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Well, I see where you're coming from. It doesn't bother me so much with people on here or FB that I don't personally know because I wouldn't know if they have reason to complain, if they're dealing with depression and what other people brought up. But with actual friends and acquaintances that I do know and where I can tell they're just being whiney, it really drags me down. Not with the big stuff, mind you. And I wouldn't tell them to shut up. But see, the thing is, sometimes people just complain to complain. I hope I'm a good enough friend so I listen to it all and try to cheer them up. My method is usually to carefully remind them to look for the bright side of it all or to actually sit down with them and have them make a list of what's good about their current situation. But I have a couple of friends who will ALWAYS come up with a BUT. They complain about their job, I say "Hey, at least you have a job and it brings in the money" and they go " Yes, BUT this and that sucks". Always. I literally once had a friend say "I got a bonus BUT...." There is no but to extra money, I'm sorry. :laugh:

So yes, I get why you find it frustrating. But you can't do much. It gets tiring to keep an open mind and listen to it all but if you really feel like it's too much - and I get that because negativity can be really draining - then all you can do is ignore them. I know sometimes it's tempting but telling them how you really feel about it wouldn't help you nor them. After all, everyone has a bad day sometimes, like you said, and the last thing you wanna hear or would even accept is someone telling you how much worse half the world's population has it.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Is this for real??!?!?!

Oh FFS...
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ^^ It wasn't complaining, and I did't mean it that way. I just was trying to have people think of the good things they have going for them. But you can twist it how you would like.

I don't think I twisted anything...I just stated the obvious :bigsmile: I'm really good at that ....calm down :drinker:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yeah gonna take you off my friends list. I go on here to get support from my friends on here if I'm having a bad day because I have a lot of issues myself. This just made me feel like ****. Thanks!
    Welp I guess it is for the best because I didn't even know you a friend of mine on here..sorry

Wow :noway: It is quite obvious that you just add people to your friends list in order to make yourself feel better. No wonder it annoys you to see peoples updates! you don't even like these people!...Get rid of the deadweight on your lists is my only advice to you. If they mean something to you, it will matter that they are having a bad day....whether God forbid this includes getting raped (((((what a horrible example btw :grumble: ))))) or having a bad hair day :drinker:

hope your day gets better :wink:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    bahahahahahahahaha

Oh wait you're serious? :huh:

:yawn:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You're going a lil overboard on this one.......have a great day!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Wow...such a competition. Who has the most to complain about?
  • curioustexgal
    curioustexgal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you guys serious?? It wasn't meant to be taken that way. So you can stop already.

oh, you want it to stop??

rules.jpg.jpg

OMGoodness...HILARIOUS!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just attention wh0res....I have a FB friend who starts EVERY status update with *sigh* or "UGH". What a whiner!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I found out today that the internet has boobs.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options

Those are mine....

thanks
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I understand what the OP was trying to say and didn't get any negative intention whatsoever from it, I'll have to re-read it again to see if I missed anything.

I have quite a few friends on Facebook that tend to be drama queens/kings and I have brought it up personally with each one of them to talk about it. Especially those who say things like

Them : Oh my god, the most horrible thing happened....
    Me : What?? what happened???are you ok?
    Others : What??? Are you ok???
    Them : I don't want to talk about it publicly so please don't ask

It may be a different example than the OP but I think that was the general thought. That being said I do understand that people on here want to talk about their frustrations/issues and that's totally fine in your personal wall with your MFP friends. You can also bring it up on the forums but you do open yourself up to criticism because you've switch from the privacy of your wall to the public forum.

You can disagree with the OP but don't attack her please.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It does. And pictures of in-bread cats and Hipster Ariel.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow...such a competition. Who has the most to complain about?

I'd say the guy in the middle. Heals hurt, but that's quite a split!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Them : Oh my god, the most horrible thing happened....
    Me : What?? what happened???are you ok?
    Others : What??? Are you ok???
    Them : I don't want to talk about it publicly so please don't ask

Yes... I agree that crap like this is really annoying!