8 Foods You Should Eat Every Day

Options

Replies

• Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i hate blue berrys and i cant stand yogurt so no sorry pluss nuts are expencive and high in calories i live on a food stamps budget so not gonna happen
  • kristina0206
    Options
    I love spinach and use it in smoothies all the time!
  • hungriesmama13
    Options
    Frozen blueberries are just as high in antioxidants and a little less expensive!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What are black beans ? :/

Beans......that are black :noway:

Tee hee!!!

I eat most of these every day of the week! I have evolved!
  • hungriesmama13
    Options
    Maybe adding them all into a smoothie or juice them in a juicer. I could eat everything on the list somehow every day. I guess we all need to be creative if we "should" eat these everyday!
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    And those are great, but I hate spending $3/carton on blueberries when they're out of season.
    Buy them frozen when they're out of season.

Blah, I hate frozen fruits. I'd rather have the real things unless it's going into a smoothie (which I don't usually do because I don't like drinking my calories).

Mix blueberries in with the yogurt, then it doesnt matter if they have been frozen.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

lol
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

lol...this made me laugh :)
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    And those are great, but I hate spending $3/carton on blueberries when they're out of season.
    Buy them frozen when they're out of season.

Blah, I hate frozen fruits. I'd rather have the real things unless it's going into a smoothie (which I don't usually do because I don't like drinking my calories).

Mix blueberries in with the yogurt, then it doesnt matter if they have been frozen.

I love them from frozen and then defrosted and warmed a little. Add warm ones to oatmeal and it is like a dessert. Otherwise just piping hot with a dollop of greek yougurt and a dash of cinammon and splenda. deeeeeeelish ! and if you are careful with your portions, only around 150 cals.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    7. Walnuts (raw) or almonds (raw): I eat almonds most days, but not raw. Hmmm
    8. Oats: I'm thinking calories

I think that it would be hard to eat ALL of those things EVERY day on the number of calories I'm allowed by MFP (1200).
    7. Nuts that have been processed in any way lose their nutritional value.
    8. Whole grains, like old-fashioned oats, are essential. One serving is 40 grams (little less than 1/2 cup dry) and contains 150 calories. I found it very easy to incorporate into my 1200 calorie limit. Even easier when you add in exercise calories.
  • Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Any information on the quantities of these foods that one most consume in a day?
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha :laugh:
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

hahahaha
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I eat a spinach, yogurt, and blueberry smoothie almost every day. I use chia seeds in it b/c I think they are better than walnuts or almonds.

Not a bean fan. I can eat in chili though.
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    Those things may not necessarily go with what I am eating during the day, some of them I do not like either. Pumpkin or sweet potatoes.

Eww! I'm with you!!
    I like everything else on the list-but just cannot tolerate sweet potatoes-pumpkin or anything of the sorts.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    From a Stanford University study and published in Men's Health magazine. The same holds true for women. Add lean protein daily and you're golden.

1. Spinach
    2. Yogurt - label must specify "live active cultures"
    3. Tomatoes
    4. Black beans
    5. Carrots
    6. Blueberries
    7. Walnuts (raw)
    8. Oats

The study did provide some alternatives if you just can't stomach the above foods, but the alternatives provide fewer benefits. They are:

1. Kale or romaine lettuce
    4. Pinto or kidney beans
    5. Pumpkin, sweet potatoes
    7. Almonds (raw)

I was pretty excited that for how much of a picky eater I am, of the top list I actually eat 4 out of 8 of them (spinach, yogurt, carrots & oats) and 3 out of the bottom 4 (romaine lettuce, pinto beans, and pumpkin).
  • jennmartin82
    Options

LOL ! too funny! :smile:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    thanx for posting
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options