8 Foods You Should Eat Every Day

Options

Replies

• catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    Well this makes me happy b/c I like most things on this list.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    does it list any alternative for the tomatoes? i can eat pretty much everything else on the list, but i don't like those!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Yum, I like all the items. Sweeet!
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    From a Stanford University study and published in Men's Health magazine. The same holds true for women. Add lean protein daily and you're golden.

1. Spinach
    2. Yogurt - label must specify "live active cultures"
    3. Tomatoes
    4. Black beans
    5. Carrots
    6. Blueberries
    7. Walnuts (raw)
    8. Oats
    Wow! 7 outta 8 aint bad!!!:happy:

The study did provide some alternatives if you just can't stomach the above foods, but the alternatives provide fewer benefits. They are:

1. Kale or romaine lettuce
    4. Pinto or kidney beans
    5. Pumpkin, sweet potatoes
    7. Almonds (raw)
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    6 out of 8!:bigsmile:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    does it list any alternative for the tomatoes? i can eat pretty much everything else on the list, but i don't like those!
    SUBSTITUTES: Red watermelon, pink grapefruit, Japanese persimmon, papaya, guava
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of blueberries :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    What are black beans ? :/

It's literally a bean that is black. I like to get it dry. It's cheaper but you can buy it in the can as well. I like to make black bean soup. Delicious!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Any information on the quantities of these foods that one most consume in a day?
    Spinach - 1 cup fresh spinach or 1/2 cup cooked per day
    Yogurt - 1 cup
    Tomatoes - Aim for 22 mg of lycopene a day, which is about eight red cherry tomatoes or an 8 oz. glass of tomato juice.
    Carrots - 1/2 cup
    Blueberries - 1 cup fresh blueberries a day, or 1/2 cup frozen or dried.
    Black beans - 1/2 cup
    Walnuts - 1 oz.
    Oats - 1/2 cup dry
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Everything but carrots and oats!!! can't take those ones.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    SUBSTITUTES: Red watermelon, pink grapefruit, Japanese persimmon, papaya, guava

Thanks! I can do the watermelon and guava
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    No to yoghurt, walnuts, almonds, oat, due to allergies. I don't eat spinach daily, but some kind of greens. The rest are pretty close to daily.

Pam
    From a Stanford University study and published in Men's Health magazine. The same holds true for women. Add lean protein daily and you're golden.

1. Spinach
    2. Yogurt - label must specify "live active cultures"
    3. Tomatoes
    4. Black beans
    5. Carrots
    6. Blueberries
    7. Walnuts (raw)
    8. Oats

The study did provide some alternatives if you just can't stomach the above foods, but the alternatives provide fewer benefits. They are:

1. Kale or romaine lettuce
    4. Pinto or kidney beans
    5. Pumpkin, sweet potatoes
    7. Almonds (raw)
  • RotundMG
    Options
    You poor soul! Black beans are the most awesome beans in the world. I first met them in New Mexico at a real Spanish restaurant. They were in a soup. I still like them in soup but I love to put them in anything Tex/Mex. I serve them instead of refried beans. I have a killer soup I make. I take it to potlucks and it always goes. So find them eat them. They are manna from heaven.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If I ate beans everyday, I wouldn't have any friends.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • starrygirl82
    starrygirl82 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    bump for later!:smile:
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love black beans. Trader joes refried black beans in the can. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Please provide evidence from reputable sources that eating these exact portions of these 8 foods will make me the healthiest person ever.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Interesting that so many people are rearing to go get all these items from the store and start eating them everyday when there isn't even a REASON listed as to WHY! Just you "should". Even to be healthy, these exact foods do not specifically need to be eaten every day....there are many many ways to have a healthy diet.