Real Live friends as MFP friends...

Options

Replies

• KathieElisa
    Options
    I have 2 co-workers on here. It works good for us because we are all in the same office for 8 hours & we can discuss what we find on mfp lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am friends with Don Cornelius.
    In REAL LIFE???
  • JCN_1103
    Options

Is he related to Don Juan?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    In REAL LIFE???

Yes. And on here. We are currently planning a cruise to celebrate our weight loss.
  • Qarol
    Options
    In REAL LIFE???
    Yes. And on here. We are currently planning a cruise to celebrate our weight loss.
    An Italian cruise?
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    In REAL LIFE???

The rooster is coming too, right? I was invited on that cruise too, but I'm not going if the rooster isn't going.

To the OP, I prefer real friends over fake friends. Fake people tick me off.
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't have anyone on my MFP friends that I know IRL, but I don't really have any desire to share my MFP stuff with them either. It's not that I feel I need to hide my food choices/exercising/things I say on the internet, I just don't really know what point it would serve considering that the only people I know who are actively trying to lose weight are my parents, and I already see them all the time and we all know what the others eat. I enjoy having friends on here who are positive people and with similar goals/values as me.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I gave up trying to live a compartmentalized life a long time ago. It's just easier for me. While I certainly edit myself to some degree at my job, and in some professional settings, I am basically the same person in the different contexts of my life. Some of the stuff I post on Facebook can sometimes lead to awkward conversations in the workplace. But that's who I am (a walking awkward conversation).

I had one real life friend on MFP, but he stopped logging in. Same with a co-worker. The way I talk to my friends on MFP is exactly the way I talk to my friends in real life. Because, really, most of my MFP friends are friends. I just haven't met them yet. (still waiting to buy tickets on the Soul Train Cruise Ship)
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Two of my friends are actually the ones who told me about mfp and their support has been central to my current and future success. I don't see them much as we live on opposite ends of the world, but I believe this journey has made us closer.
    How you choose to proceed is obviously up to you, but for the sake of conserving the friendship, I think you just need to be honest, however you go about it!
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All my MFP friends are imaginary...

hmm...odd, all of my real life friends are imaginary...
  • Qarol
    Options
    The way I talk to my friends on MFP is exactly the way I talk to my friends in real life. Because, really, most of my MFP friends are friends. I just haven't met them yet. (still waiting to buy tickets on the Soul Train Cruise Ship)
    This is why I never LOL. My laughs do not sound like lol.

All aboard the Soul Train Cruise Ship...
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My hubby is on here with me, I think it's great!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well... I do have real friends on MFP but most have abandoned ship. My sister was my first friend, and I totally called her out on a bad day, and she didn't speak to me for two weeks. She started a whole new account and then I had to beg her to be my friend again. After I learned to mind my own business, it didn't really matter. She doesn't use the site socially at all so she pretty much is just on my list so she can get updates about my weight loss and I can give her the occassional "Attaboy!"
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My supervisor started an account here -- but thankfully she's using it to only track food. If she was involved in the social aspect and sent me a FR I would need to decline, otherwise she would see how much of any given workday I spend on here! :laugh:
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

You mean you WERE friends with Don Cornelius, I hate to break it to you but he died this morning. I read something about him clicking the wrong link.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your dilemma. I recommend the site to all but have not given my user name/profile to any in my "real" life. My diary and interactions here with my MFP pals are for "me" and I value the anonymity and appreciate the non-judgmental support and encouragement I get from those on my contact list (a few have become dear to me).
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The more friends the better.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I only have one personal friend that is on here. She already knows enough that she could blackmail me with. My diary is the least of my worries :)

However, if you don’t feel comfortable then don’t add her.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My best friend, boyfriend and another real life pals are MFPs... but sometimes you do think it would be great if they weren't MFPs...but thats only so I can vent an talk behind their backs which isn't very nice, so in a way it stops me bad mouthing them and regretting it later! :)

Also, shared mutual understanding and support and encouragement and even a little bit of healthy competition!

:)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree - real life friends can stay where they are. MFP friends, however, can become real life friends. Double standard, I know.