McDonalds no longer using pink slime. Since last August

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Anything in moderation isn't going to kill you. Well, maybe heroin.
    ;)

So long as McDonald's is heroin free, I say enjoy it every once in a while if you want to. Me, not a huge fan, but their fries are tasty. When I indulge I like something more exciting and exotic.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Healthy or not its a step in the right direction for major food companies to start taking the crap out of thier food
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

dirt? oh come on. that is really stretching and twisting what I said. truth is truth. eating garbage when you dont have to means you arent serious about your health.

So if I enjoyed a Big Mac from time to time, got physicals and lab work done with no negative results, then I'd still not be serious about my health?

How are we defining "serious about health" here? To me, being serious about my health doesn't require me to freak out about fast food unless there's some specific evidence from my doctor indicating that I should be worried.

didnt say you have to freak out. the ingredients in that meal are mostly junk and have no real value. why go backwards to get the tasty fat and sodium. much better choices available
    But that's the whole point.
    McD offers great tasting food that shocks the body. We need that.
    If I were rich enough, I'd own a franchise or 2.
    There is a reason McD makes money all over the world.
    Planet Earth loves McD!:drinker:
    And it's not because they run around trying to be anything other than what they are - a greasy joint that cooks up some fabulous burgers, fries and chicken nuggets.
    And if anybody is concerned about health, eat a salad - no dressing - :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

dirt? oh come on. that is really stretching and twisting what I said. truth is truth. eating garbage when you dont have to means you arent serious about your health.

So if I enjoyed a Big Mac from time to time, got physicals and lab work done with no negative results, then I'd still not be serious about my health?

How are we defining "serious about health" here? To me, being serious about my health doesn't require me to freak out about fast food unless there's some specific evidence from my doctor indicating that I should be worried.

didnt say you have to freak out. the ingredients in that meal are mostly junk and have no real value. why go backwards to get the tasty fat and sodium. much better choices available

And it's not because they run around trying to be anything other than what they are - a greasy joint that cooks up some fabulous burgers, fries and chicken nuggets.

my body doesnt need to be shocked with absurdly high saturated fat and off the charts levels of preservatives and sodium. that's the point.
  • tay_913
    tay_913 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Some people are just starting out and can't cut cold turkey.... doesn't mean they're not serious about their health just takes time to wean off old habits.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    who gives a ****? whatever they're using makes their burgers/bread last for YEARS without molding over. just wrong.
    Not true. Their bread has a very short shelf life and is only good for a few days after being removed from the freezer and the meat is the same as what you buy at the grocery store as far as how long it's good for.
    I'm not posting this in support of McDonald's, I just don't like when incorrect info is given. it just causes more confusion.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Don't think I've had a McDonalds in about 10-15 years, only thing I do semi fancy from there now and again is a milkshake!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    But...............You deserve a break today at McDonalds. lol

Five Guys and the BK.....
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds-coupons-250x250.jpg

garbage.

those who eat this stuff arent really serious about their health or fitness. ya..ya...moderation...BULLSKIT!!!

Oh my! Aren't we a little presumptious............? If you don't like it, don't eat. Don't judge others who do and tell them they are not serious about health. That is YOUR opinion, not what they are doing. Hate McDonald's all you want, but stop making people feel like they are dirt because they enjoy it. GEESH!

I don't think so at all. To YOU it's garbage to others it's food. You make it sound like people that eat your "garbage" just shouldn't even bother trying to lose weight or live in a healthy environment. They will fail. That is a stupid, misguided presumption of someone's lifestyle that you don't support. Stop being mean and just "I don't like it" not attacking others who do. GRR. It's so frustrating that people are that judgemental.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

my body doesnt need to be shocked with absurdly high saturated fat and off the charts levels of preservatives and sodium. that's the point.
    That's your choice, but I'd go nuts without my fast food fix along with all the other stuff I indulge on while losing fat and reaching my goals. Life is to be lived!
    So, ENJOY!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options

MUCH nicer way to put that. :)
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    And when all the bad stuff is taken out of the food it will be McHealthy and McExpensive and still people will complain. If it bothers you don't go. If it doesn't bother you... enjoy! :)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    That stuff looks like strawberry ice cream! Now I'm hungry again
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

There are always healthier choices foods for 99% of the stuff we eat.
  • Jeff92se
    Options

There are always healthier choice foods for 99% of the stuff we eat.

As for the "why"? Because that's my choice. And because I can and still stay on track for health, nutrient and body composition levels.
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Well, if that pic is of raw chicken and fat ground into a paste, it looks exactly like I would expect it to look like... What, is it supposed to look like diced beef steak?

Ammonia is a great way to sterilize ground meat of e. coli. The trick is getting ALL the ammonia out of the meat at the end of the process. That's tricky.

Still, gross. I can't believe I ate that.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Double Quarter pounder with cheese and bacon....ah
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    HA Ha that's funny......I will not eat that or burger king.....did you know that they put the calories of their food on the menu??!! I almost passed out when I went to Burger King and saw a big mac for like 900 calories..just for the burger!! everything was over 800 calories!!! OMG can we say!!.....==))

I would have been shocked to see a Big Mac at Burger King, too! Why are they trying to confuse us? :sad:
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    so what the heck is pink slime? i never ate McDonald's hamburgers because they made me nauseous now i know why.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    royale-with-cheese.jpg