foods that make you poo

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of fiber. There's something called flax seed which is high in fiber. You can buy it ground or you can buy the seeds and grind them yourself. I usually have my highest amount of fiber in the morning so I put it in with my oatmeal (which also has fiber in it). It's a good mix and not to be gross but you'll definitely have nice big dumps with that combo hehehehe
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke gets me moving... a little too much...
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat very clean, barely anything processed, tons of fruits, veggies, legumes, and some whole grains. My digestive track has never been happier. Definitely not stopped up!
  • Savyna
    Options
    drink alot of water and make sure you do cardios ..never fails when i get on the treadmill or run outside ..ten minutes in to i have to make a bee line to the bathroom ..i eat a lot of fiber but if you eat a lot of fiber you also have to drink a lot of water .. i have no problem going because of that .. i eat whole grains ,fresh fruits and fresh spinach leaves every day too ... if you need a big boost because you are seriously backlogged, buy a bottle of magnesium citrate and do not leave the house ! it will blast cement out of you

Good advice, and I forgot to mention water in my post. If you're going to eat a lot of fiber dont forget a lot of water too. The fiber needs water in order to move around in your intestines clearing out the waste in there.
  • Savyna
    Options
    I eat very clean, barely anything processed, tons of fruits, veggies, legumes, and some whole grains. My digestive track has never been happier. Definitely not stopped up!

I knew someone who was doing that and she was proud to say that she poo'd at least twice a day. That her body was efficient enough to take out the nutrients from the veggies and fruits and stuff she ate that it didn't have any need to stay in her system long. Once its purpose was served it went right on out hehe. (also this friend is alicia silverstone...someone I don't really know but will pretend is my friend, because I like her acting...she talked about it on one of oprah's episodes once)
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When i started eating healthier I was stopped up because I was focusing on protein and fruit like bananas. Now I'm eating salad and whole grains every day and I have evened out. Bean or lentil soup also work for me.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I mean, everything, technically.

:)
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    anything with Sorbitol in it (that fake sugar)!
  • mgriffith91
    Options
    I second the fiber comment. Either take fiber vitamins, or Fiber One has a lot of yummy stuff. My favorite is the 90 calorie chocolate peanut butter granola bars.
  • amersj
    Options
    lots of fiber and you can also try folic acid, it's a vitamin that women of "child-bearing" age are supposed to take for healthy babies but it will work for that too! ;)
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    anything with Sorbitol in it (that fake sugar)!

lol, I've heard that too!
  • fightingautism
    Options
    Google soluble & insoluble fiber. Soluble is in stuff like oatmeal and absorbs water to move stuff through the tract. Insoluble fiber is the kind that scrubs the digestive tract. You need both. But if you go 2-3, even more days without a BM & you feel okay, don't worry about it! Just keep eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. If you go longer than 5 days or more and/or uncomfortable then you may wanna try a laxative.

I cannot state it loudly enough DO NOT OVERUSE LAXATIVES!!!!! For some reason as people get older they get poop-obsessed. I am a nurse and I cannot tell you how many patients are laxative-dependent only because they thought it was dangerous to go longer than a day without pooping, now their bodies are dependent on laxatives. It's scary how much crap they take just to take a crap! If you don't have enough stuff going in, you won't have a lot going out. It's that simple and trying to force your body into overworking can be bad news.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Fiber rich foods with plenty of water.

In addition, popcorn, aloe vera juice, red wine, herbal laxative or diet teas (Yogi Get Regular, Traditional Medicines Smooth Move, 3 Ballerinas Dieter's Tea, and etc).
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Gross!!!
    Coffee!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Bunch of grapes and a load of straw errors followed by a brisk walk or a jog. You'll be touching cloth by the time you get home!!
  • yarnlady57
    Options
    Russell Stovers sugar free toffee candy
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    this might sound mad but since ive started using sweetners in my coffee ive been fine
    i find the sweetners called slimmer is the best one but these are hard to find but try any sweetner it might help :flowerforyou:
  • laurdavis87
    Options
    I second the magnesium citrate. Just go ahead and sit down on the toilet while you're drinking it.

Also, if you don't drink enough water with all of that fiber you're eating, that'll stop you up too.
    Happened to me.

Drink a big ole cup of coffee. That'll make you poop. And what is it about a hot shower? Maybe it's the relaxation thing mentioned above...

:o)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies. Eat lots of them! They have lots of fiber but also a high water content to keep things moving, plus lots of good vitamins and minerals and all that great stuff.

Kind of gross (but on topic) story:
    My husband is away on military training and has been eating ramen noodles and hot pockets in his hotel room for about 2 weeks. Yesterday he mentioned that he misses my "crazy healthy cooking" because he hasn't had a good poop in a week and a half! :laugh:

I guess that's one way to feel loved.

ROLMAO!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nothing says "I love you" like a giant crap!
  • ohsowright
    ohsowright Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    People at work say Fiber One Bars