80+ pounds lost - with a couple pics

Options
ShannonMpls
ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
I will post with better pics once I reach my goal weight, but for now - I'm glad to say I'm 83 pounds down since I joined MFP! I have about 20 pounds minimum that I still want to lose. (I'm 5'10" in case anyone cares)

It's amazing what a change you can make eating healthy foods and paying attention to what goes in your mouth. We eat REAL food and we cook dinner 6-7 days a week. I now love my gym, I enjoy exercise (most days!) and I've registered for a 7k in March. I do strength training three hours, usually two hours of cardio and an hour of yoga a week. I see a trainer every other week to teach me a new weight training program and keep me motivated (it's not necessary, but it's been really helpful for me).

I have logged onto MFP every day since I started (day 230 was this week!), but I have taken weekends, even whole weeks, "off" from logging. I just get right back into it upon my return and it hasn't impacted my progress at all.

My biggest advice? There are a whole lot of paths to get you to a healthier place; the main key is taking the first step. Just start, and once you've started, don't stop.

And a couple pics:

first1-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

The second pic was taken this Monday morning. Full disclosure: the first pic was taken at about 17 weeks pregnant, and it is the most unflattering full length photo I could find ;) I maintained my weight during pregnancy and lost 12-14 pounds after delivery/nursing, and I maintained that until I started here.

Replies

• ErinRaeHW
    Options
    You look so fabulous Shannon!! Seriously! I am inspired! Whats your goal weight?
  • Hink4Iowa
    Hink4Iowa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You look great congrats!!!
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You know I think you are amazing and a HUGE inspiration to me! I'm so glad that we found each other on here, and this is your first "true" before picture I have seen, and I am speechless!! You look amazing and should (obvi!) be so proud of yourself!!
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You look Terrific! I love to read success stories for motivation.:smile:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You know I think you are amazing and a HUGE inspiration to me! I'm so glad that we found each other on here, and this is your first "true" before picture I have seen, and I am speechless!! You look amazing and should (obvi!) be so proud of yourself!!

I literally hunted down the worst possible picture I could find. Consider it my gift to you ;)

And I agree, SO glad we're zumba/7k buddies now! The people I've met at the gym and on MFP have been such huge supporters. My life is better in oodles of ways :)
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Man, you look GREAT!! I am hoping to lose 80lbs by the end of this year.....def not easy. :)
  • icclepodge
    Options
    Congratulations!
    You look fantastic now, really a very yummy Mummy and an inspiration to us all :)
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

I literally hunted down the worst possible picture I could find. Consider it my gift to you ;)

And I agree, SO glad we're zumba/7k buddies now! The people I've met at the gym and on MFP have been such huge supporters. My life is better in oodles of ways :)

AGREED! And thanks for my gift!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look awesome!
  • Kgetshealthy
    Options
    This is very inspirational! AMAZING JOB, and your results are incredible!

Thank you for sharing!
  • ccjforreal
    ccjforreal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You really do look great. I know that was a lot of hard work. How long did it take you?
  • ccjforreal
    ccjforreal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, I see, you have done great.
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look really fantastic! Congratulations!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing! GOOD JOB!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    incredible!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Everybody has to start somewhere, right? I am so glad you all share. It helps me keep motivated.

You look incredible!
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You look fantastic and happy! Great job!
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    you look lovely, well done x
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wow. what an amazing transformation. your face looks superimposed on the first body shot. seriously. you are gorgeous. congrats on the hard work and achievement!~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!