Replies

• busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! What an inspiration!!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. I had a roooough day at the gym today and all your comments are very much appreciated :)

And bc I've gotten a few messages asking: I have no secrets. My daily calorie goal is manually set to 1700 calories a day, and it never went below 1500; it's going to 2,000 once I lose 20 more pounds. I watch my carbs but don't restrict them too much. I eat a lot of fat. I aim for 5+ servings of veg/fruit a day (but I don't eat a lot of fruit bc I don't super love it). I eat treats daily :) I work out hard. Calories in, calories out.
  • Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    TEARS!!!! I am so proud of you Shannon!! You are such an inspiration to me!!

You are TOTALLY rocking this journey!!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    You look so, so fabulous! Congrats on your accomplishment so far. ♥
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats!
  • shazzam05
    Options
    WOW fabulous
  • dukeS1ms
    dukeS1ms Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. A very inspiring story. :happy:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Congratulations!!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic work!!
  • tonia1986
    tonia1986 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you look amazing.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats :)
  • becka_anaily
    Options
    I will post with better pics once I reach my goal weight, but for now - I'm glad to say I'm 83 pounds down since I joined MFP! I have about 20 pounds minimum that I still want to lose. (I'm 5'10" in case anyone cares)

It's amazing what a change you can make eating healthy foods and paying attention to what goes in your mouth. We eat REAL food and we cook dinner 6-7 days a week. I now love my gym, I enjoy exercise (most days!) and I've registered for a 7k in March. I do strength training three hours, usually two hours of cardio and an hour of yoga a week. I see a trainer every other week to teach me a new weight training program and keep me motivated (it's not necessary, but it's been really helpful for me).

I have logged onto MFP every day since I started (day 230 was this week!), but I have taken weekends, even whole weeks, "off" from logging. I just get right back into it upon my return and it hasn't impacted my progress at all.

My biggest advice? There are a whole lot of paths to get you to a healthier place; the main key is taking the first step. Just start, and once you've started, don't stop.

And a couple pics:

first1-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

The second pic was taken this Monday morning. Full disclosure: the first pic was taken at about 17 weeks pregnant, and it is the most unflattering full length photo I could find ;) I maintained my weight during pregnancy and lost 12-14 pounds after delivery/nursing, and I maintained that until I started here.

well done!!! u look ssso amazin!!
  • nariah11
    Options
    I will post with better pics once I reach my goal weight, but for now - I'm glad to say I'm 83 pounds down since I joined MFP! I have about 20 pounds minimum that I still want to lose. (I'm 5'10" in case anyone cares)

It's amazing what a change you can make eating healthy foods and paying attention to what goes in your mouth. We eat REAL food and we cook dinner 6-7 days a week. I now love my gym, I enjoy exercise (most days!) and I've registered for a 7k in March. I do strength training three hours, usually two hours of cardio and an hour of yoga a week. I see a trainer every other week to teach me a new weight training program and keep me motivated (it's not necessary, but it's been really helpful for me).

I have logged onto MFP every day since I started (day 230 was this week!), but I have taken weekends, even whole weeks, "off" from logging. I just get right back into it upon my return and it hasn't impacted my progress at all.

My biggest advice? There are a whole lot of paths to get you to a healthier place; the main key is taking the first step. Just start, and once you've started, don't stop.

And a couple pics:

first1-1.jpgphoto-1.jpg

The second pic was taken this Monday morning. Full disclosure: the first pic was taken at about 17 weeks pregnant, and it is the most unflattering full length photo I could find ;) I maintained my weight during pregnancy and lost 12-14 pounds after delivery/nursing, and I maintained that until I started here.
  • nariah11
    Options
    You look great. I am just beginning my journey, and I can't wait to post my success.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! We have similar stats so I'm very happy to see some inspiration and motivation to keep going :happy:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Marcy
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, awesome work!!!!
  • feb06momma
    Options
    Wonderful job, you look beautiful!! :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!