Anyone over 50 on here?

Options
12346»

Replies

• AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP yesterday and I'm 55. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing. I'm really excited about being able to keep track of my food so easily. I don't know how to add friends yet. Definitely need some...losing weight is always easier with company!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will be fifty this year. So add me if you like :smile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I will be fifty this year. So add me if you like :smile:

Just had to stop and say Hi since we are practically Twins, In Name Only, LOL!!
  • wenlock1
    Options
    Hello,
    I am starting to try and loose weight for good this timeI. live in Mid England. ai'm looking for friends on the site.
    Hve dogs cats and husband. I'm trying to learn how to cook properly
  • lincolnmandu
    lincolnmandu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here also, I just switched from WW pts. to counting calories. Ive been doing this for a week and i think I'm going to like it. What are kettle balls? I need to start doing some weights. I am walking now and gardening.
  • lmassey08
    lmassey08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I am and just joined as well. I live in Texas Please add me as friend
  • sheriw1223
    sheriw1223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54, live in Chillicothe Ohio. I just switched from WW also.
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I am 58. This site is great - so many success stories and supportive people. I usually have trouble with finding foods I eat on other sites, but I've had no trouble here. Best wishes on your journey!
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52 and would welcome more friends. :flowerforyou:
  • Lesa52
    Lesa52 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54 and have been on and off of MFP for awhile. I'm back. Glad you're here. We Fabulous 50's have to stick together
  • debrasparrow
    debrasparrow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started today. I am 56 yrs old. Friend me if you'd like:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP, Ladies!!

Kettle Bells are Ball Shaped weights that are (sort of) similar to Dumb bells. You can get them in various weights and they make a Great Strength Training Workout - as long as you are careful!! Check out Kettle bell Workouts on YouTube or SparkPeople.com
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Looking for new friends
  • lharrisboyd
    Options
    Hi,

I am 55 and divorced. I am joining in order to lose weight after eight surgeries. I couldn't exercise. Gained 70 pounds. I had to in order to have the remaining surgeries. I am ready to get it together. Look forward to us both losing weight.

197 and trying to lose 35 pounds.
  • peggysacct
    peggysacct Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all you 50 something's, I too have decided to start to work on losing weight. I don't know what happened but it seems as soon as you hit the 50 mark. The weight just piles on fast. I thought this type of support would help me.
  • hollyscofield7
    hollyscofield7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 last summer! You are not alone! lol
  • hollyscofield7
    hollyscofield7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Definitely is easier with a support system!
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi - I turn 60 next month. I've been working at this for about 7 weeks now and am down 19 pounds. I've got about 100 to lose. Just sort of crept up on me over the last 35 years. Feel free to add me if you like. Becky