another p90x thread

Options
124»

Replies

• ldumaua
    ldumaua Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks Jess. I am currently doing a fitness bootcamp m-f for an hour. It is a good work out that is led by a professional trainer. I just feel like it does not allow us to concentrate on any one body part for long enough. We seem to rush through the different routines to keep the "bootcamp" feel of it I guess. Anyway, I have been thinking about adding something else. This looks like it. I just want to make sure I don't try to do to much. I am 41 yrs old and mentally, I have more energy than ever before but physically, my body is still trying to catch up with me! I have only been working out for 5 months now.

I am eating well with mostly whole foods, fruits, veggies, protiens, whole grains and limiting my sugar. I want to lose about 25-30 lbs. I have not lost any weight in over 3 months. Hopefully this is due to muscle gain. I've been reading how p90x really changes your body and I am ready to see some real changes.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess. I am currently doing a fitness bootcamp m-f for an hour. It is a good work out that is led by a professional trainer. I just feel like it does not allow us to concentrate on any one body part for long enough. We seem to rush through the different routines to keep the "bootcamp" feel of it I guess. Anyway, I have been thinking about adding something else. This looks like it. I just want to make sure I don't try to do to much. I am 41 yrs old and mentally, I have more energy than ever before but physically, my body is still trying to catch up with me! I have only been working out for 5 months now.

I am eating well with mostly whole foods, fruits, veggies, protiens, whole grains and limiting my sugar. I want to lose about 25-30 lbs. I have not lost any weight in over 3 months. Hopefully this is due to muscle gain. I've been reading how p90x really changes your body and I am ready to see some real changes.

Ooh, bootcamps are fun! It is probably more of a circuit training though w/ cardio. P90X is more weight training which is awesome for seeing changes in your body!! Sounds like you have a good diet going, whole foods and limiting sugar is a great way to eat! And you will definitely see changes in your body w/ P90X!! It's completely changed mine! :wink:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options

I'm 42 and started P90X 3 weeks ago. It has really changed my body already. I highly recommend you go for it!!!:drinker:
  • shopie
    shopie Posts: 39
    Options
    has anyone heard or tried a colon clean out??? I just heard about this the other day. Aprilvet you can't go wrong with p90x. Tony Horton shows how to do workouts so every level can do them.
  • ekgstr
    ekgstr Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey I just got mine yesterday and I am so pumped.

Has anyone actually used their recovery stuff. If so is it reall any better than something I could but at GNC
  • shopie
    shopie Posts: 39
    Options
    goint to start my recory drink tomorrow. I pretty pumped too.