*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in February *

Options

Replies

• shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Did the trail 5K race, and it was a lot of fun, we went into the woods, a bit hilly and 'nature' like, and we went around a small lake. - beautiful scenery. I started out a bit too fast - 6:20 minute pace for the first half mile - and that was just WAY too fast for me. My running skirt even fell off (well it went down to my knees). It was too big, and I was glad I had running tights underneath - that being said it slowed me down. And after that I could not get into my regular pace - it could be because of the gruesome hills not sure.... but I still enjoyed the race - it was fun!
    I look forward to the day I can say ... "My running skirt even fell off (well it went down to my knees). It was too big!"

Cooriander, you inspire me! Thanks!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    3 miles for me this morning--15.6 for the week--42.2 for the month.

exercise.png
  • shellyb2017
    shellyb2017 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been fortunate to have a few days off to visit with my daughter who lives on St. Thomas. The running here is very hilly, but that just makes me more determined! The 80 degree weather helps, too!

“Who would want to live on this earth and not run on it?” – an African Proverb
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    pafagel said!

6.4 miles today, which made me pass my goal:happy: . I went ahead and upped my ticker to 175 miles, I really hope this won't cause problems for you Cooriander?

exercise.png

WOW ! CONGRATS! I already updated the spread sheet - you will see it tomorrow sometime! I am very impressed!

I'm telling you, it's all thanks to this challenge. Best motivation ever!! Also, you're awesome:smile:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    3 miles today, taking me up to 31.5m

At this rate, I think I may not hit my target. But I was out for a week with bad shins, and I've been out a few days this week with a coldy-fluey type thing. So I'm doing ok under the circumstances. Just worrying a little about the 6 mile race I have at the end of March....
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Valerie, 60 mi goal
    7.5 mi today, 32.5 total. Finally halfway! I have been slacking on running due to school--need to get out there this week!

Nice trail race, Cooriander. 6:20? Really?! I don't think I have ever hit that pace under any circumstance, even for a few seconds. 7:00 makes me feel like I am personally breaking the sound barrier. You are amazing.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    12 mile cutback today
  • lilfurson
    Options
    Checking in..

This Week: 26.84 miles
    Total for the Month: 72.44
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    3 rd week
    Feburary 15-19
    19.7 miles
    Steps 44766
    Calories burn 4563
    Total of 52,7 miles exceeded my goal by 2.7 miles
    :laugh:
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    17 mile long run today, lovely day for it. Got in lots of hills. 117 for the month.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    meerkat70 said:

3 miles today, taking me up to 31.5m

At this rate, I think I may not hit my target. But I was out for a week with bad shins, and I've been out a few days this week with a coldy-fluey type thing. So I'm doing ok under the circumstances. Just worrying a little about the 6 mile race I have at the end of March....

don't worry - just do as much as your health allows you too.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    shellyb2012 said:

I've been fortunate to have a few days off to visit with my daughter who lives on St. Thomas. The running here is very hilly, but that just makes me more determined! The 80 degree weather helps, too!

“Who would want to live on this earth and not run on it?” – an African Proverb

Sounds wonderful! I have visited there and really enjoyed it - have fun!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    4.2 miles today, felt great.

Purchased giraffe patterned running tights for the winter, LOL! Can't wait to get them.

3dogsrunning said:

I love it! Need to see a pic.

I made a ticker and thought I posted but guess I didn't.

12/02/11 - 2 miles
    12/02/14 - 2 miles
    12/02/17 - 2.75 miles

exercise.png

I will definitely post one LOL! Don't have them yet!!1
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I will do a refresh on Monday to include mileage from night posters, BUT here is a preview what I have so far, let me know of any errors ! I am VERY impressed at the progress of everyone!! YAY!

So far as a group we have done 2041 miles!!!! [ about the distance from Atlanta, Georgia to Riverside, California]

2012-Feb-Check.PNG
    2012-Legend.PNG
    2012-Feb-Trophy.PNG
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I did do a clean-up of the sheet from people I have not seen in almost two weeks - however everyone is backed up! so if you want to rejoin I will gladly add you back in - no sweat!
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 12.3 today.

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I think I may make it this month! I am very happy, I am finally getting close to recovering from my foot problems! Knocking on wood just to make sure!!! :glasses:
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Added 3 miles today!!! Instead of running in the snow falling I ran in the snow that had fallen...snow is a bugger of a resistance.

44.85 for the month...45 if you round up! I couldn't get the ticker to update though.

Good news to hear about your foot issues Cooriander!!!!

Also, thanks for updating me to 64 miles this month!
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    5 more miles for me from Sunday...
    Lisa
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    21 miles logged this week.

Ticker not working today. :-(