Sixers Spring into Summer Challenge Week 1

Options
1235»

Replies

• its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    ResSox, GOOD LUCK! and feel better :flowerforyou:

Chipper: GOOD JOB!!! ^_^ that is Wonderful to hear!!!! Congrats I bet you feel good :flowerforyou:

Lauryn: all i have to say is *HUGS!* * HUGS * AND MORE *HUGS* Im sorry hun! :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :ohwell:

Gonabfit: looking forward to reading ur next post!

Me... well brittany feels like the whole world is on her shoulders this week. My boyfriend got a call yesterday morning saying that he is laid off because the schools tuition is low, and they can't keep him.
    So I do not know what I am going to do. We are spending the whole day searching for jobs, We've gotten him applied to about 30 so far. But I live in MI and needless to say our unemployment is HUGE.
    And as I have previous stated I have a HUGE amount of homework. Plus our complex is going to have a random inspection on the 13th so we are SCRUBBING down the apartment. Plus I am getting rid of all of the clothes I havent been fitting into the last 2 years, not only are they out of style but they are taking up too much room. I sadly have to let go. and then I have to try and find a second job as well as starting up my business... sigh. I also discovered my boyfriend is doing Terrible in school. So I need ot basically tear down EVERYTHING in his life and help him rebuild good habbits. To be honest, It was not all that surprising, he has gotten into a huge partier, a life that I really don't participate in and he has been spending more and more time with his friends. Friends that really aren't very good for him.. but he loves them so I have to help him pick up his life and start annew with these bad influences still there...

Sorry so sorry for such a long post.
    <3 guys.
    I PROMISE I WILL MAKE TIME FOR THE GYM!!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lauryn....it is hard when you lose your job. my DH has lost many since he retired from the navy. sometimes when he gets home early i wonder. it will be ok. everything the next job was better and paid more. there was always a reason why. go through your emotions, you need to to heal. :flowerforyou:
    tif...good luck on those tests. can't wait now to hear what happened. study hard. you are looking realy good.
    b....hang in there too. it does seem to always come down on you at once. remember to keep control over your life, and everything else will fall into place.

everyone else hope you are having a great day, and studing hard. we are on spring break here. will get the girls this afternoon.

later :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Britney, while it's admirable to be there for your boyfriend, you also must realize that only HE can change his life. If he needs help and direction and is willing to accept your assistance, that is WONDERFUL! But without him wanting to change and trying, you won't be able to help correct his path very easily. :flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Britney, while it's admirable to be there for your boyfriend, you also must realize that only HE can change his life. If he needs help and direction and is willing to accept your assistance, that is WONDERFUL! But without him wanting to change and trying, you won't be able to help correct his path very easily. :flowerforyou:

Thanks. Sigh he says he is, but this is not the first time he has (pardon my language please) ****ed up. I am going to get him through this month, after that though he needs to make the changes long term, and if he doesnt I am sad to say that I will be forced to say The End... T_T

Thanks chipper! God murphys law huh?
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, the thing is, it's not just about losing a job. It's also the fact that you're just on the cusp of your ex being able to acknowledge your separation and going through the emotional turmoil of separating lives that also involve a child! Your job meant you knew you could stay where you live now, you wouldn't have to uproot yourself further and amidst all the changes your address and work life would offer you some consistency. Don't down-play job loss on its own, let alone when it rides on the kind of waves it is for you right now. Don't apologize for seeming selfish because you're not. You'll get through this (what, exactly, would the alternative be?!) and you will live. But it's hard and it's SO much to take on, and you're also gauging it in terms of a weight-loss journey. Keep posting, keep trying, get to the gym to blow off some steam and keep talking :flowerforyou:

Hi to everyone!! Cathy, good for you for refreshing your morale!

I just did my very challenging chest and abs workout here at home and now we're going to go swimming but for the first 1/2 hr to 45m I'm going to use the treadmill at the rec centre. Kyle took today off so he'll swim with the kiddos. Muscles are burning, I'm feeling great and it's a BEAUTIFUL day here! TTYL!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Thanks. Sigh he says he is, but this is not the first time he has (pardon my language please) ****ed up. I am going to get him through this month, after that though he needs to make the changes long term, and if he doesnt I am sad to say that I will be forced to say The End... T_T

Honey, sounds like you know what's up.
    Good. That is all I wanted to make sure of. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Thanks Rhiannon. Life is tough right now for me, but I have a dear coworker who lost his father last week, which makes my situation pale in comparison. I keep trying to put things in perspective but it's tough. I am very sad.

Anyhow, decent news to report is I'm weighing in at 162.5lbs. I was at 161 last count, I believe, so not that bad, all things considered. I'm posting my weight (finally). I hope I've grabbed the most recent weigh in list. If not, my apologies!!! I'm taking on a moderate goal of 3lbs loss in 6 weeks. I'd love to see more but not sure that can possibly happen. We shall see!!

Brandy
    SW 174 lbs/ GW 161 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS - 3
    Shanell
    SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 211 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    Cathy
    SW 203 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 203 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    EM:
    SW 146.4 lbs/GW 141.4 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Tan
    SW 289 lbs/GW 279 lbs / CW 289 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Rhiannon
    SW 180 lbs/ GW 170 lbs/ CW 180 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/ GW185 lbs/ CW198 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Robin
    SW 185.5lbs/ GW 179.5lbs/ CW 185.5lbs PROGRESS
    Kristin
    SW 169 lbs/ GW 175 lbs/ CW 169 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    TudorRose----SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4 lbs/ GW 148 lbs/ CW 153.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Tammara
    SW 211lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW211 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Lauryn
    SW 162.5lbs/ GW 159.5lbs/ CW 162.5lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 220 PROGRESS +1 lbs... sigh
    Tiff
    SW 152.2lbs/ GW 141.6lbs/ CW 152.2 lbs PROGRESS 0.00
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 174.6 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.00
    Crystal
    SW 175 lbs/GW 163 lbs/CW 175 lbs PROGRESS =/- 0

Katie
    SW lbs/ GW lbs/ CW lbs PROGRESS
    Katy
    Robin
    Connie
    Cassidy
    Deb
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    HA!

Last recorded weight: 158.5 lbs on 03/17/09

Means I gained FIVE POUNDS in under 3 weeks. Holy hell, this has GOT to stop. :embarassed:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, perspective is important but so is balancing that with honouring your own reality in its own context. HUGS!! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Tiff, good luck this week!

B, glad you've got your head level about it.

I'm having an amazing day today. It's SO nice out and I got my chest & abs work out in (as I said), then a run, then a swim with Kyle, Ava & Leith, then super tasty lunch and next we're off to the beach. Kyle and the dog just went mountain biking. I also wanted to post my menu for the day. Too good not to!

1. Almond butter chocolate chip pancakes (We made the recipe up yesterday and WOW... see below)

2. gala apple w/ skim milk cheese, 2 strawberries & a 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ hummus, tomato & alfalfa sprouts

3. vanilla protein shake made w/ 1c skim milk & 1/2 cup blueberries

4. sodium-free Ezekiel toast w/ skim milk cheese (under the broiler for a moment)

5. large homemade bison burger on Ezekiel toast w/ low-sodium organic salsa & yellow pepper plus a small spinach salad

6. 1/2 serving chocolate protein powder plus 1 med banana & water protein shake

yummmmmmmmmmmm..........

Here's the recipe for the pancakes. Two are quite filling and an ideal macronutrient balance. Serves 3:

1/2 cup rolled oats
    6 egg whites (or 12 T liquid egg white)
    2 T unsweetened chocolate almond milk (or 1 extra egg white)
    3 T smooth natural almond butter
    1/4 cup flax meal
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder (whey protein isolate)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp stevia
    3 T chocolate chips

I use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop out the mix into the pan. Just mix it all up in a bowl then cook and ENJOY!!

Alright time to read Ava a book then head to the beach!! :bigsmile:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hey ladies Quickie... We know its late LOL!!!:noway: Anyway, I am really excited about all the post from the last time I logged on. I can't get into the personals but we all seem to be owning up to our responsibilities in our weight removal or maintaining. YAY!!! Best wishes to you all. I am so glad we have each other!!! I had a good day at work today. Light on the patients, I even had time to clip all my coupons. YAY!!! Anyway, I worked out using my new plan and I'm glad I got it all done.

Nite Nite.....

Tamm:heart::flowerforyou:
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the first to weigh in this morning, I was pretty nervous to get on the scale this morning closed my eyes and peaked.... I've lost 3.6 lbs whooooo hooooooo!!!!!

Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 171.0 lbs PROGRESS -3.6 lbs

Yeah!

Have a great day all!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Be sure to join us on the week 2 thread started this morning!!!!!
  • smagnan
    Options
    hmmmm can't seem to find it....
  • smagnan
    Options
    NEVERMIND :blushing: FOUND IT