What exactly is "Processed Food"?

Options
1235»

Replies

• _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you could use the app called fooducate.. you scan the barcode of the item in question and if its in their database it will give you all the info you need..
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If the ingredients list has items that your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food then it's processed. :)
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my favorite food rule of all. Never, ever, eat anything with dihydrogen monoxide in it. Chemicals are evil.

*gasp!* Not the dihydrogen monoxide! (As a chemist that one always makes me giggle)

My thought on the processed foods is, everything in moderation. It's probably not all that great to eat lean cuisines for every meal, but if I eat a bowl of cereal, or have some whole wheat bread or pasta with my veggies, that should be just fine (for me at least).
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Oh, and my favorite food rule of all. Never, ever, eat anything with dihydrogen monoxide in it. Chemicals are evil.

I try to get at least 8 cups of that in a day. Sometimes I run it through some ground roasted coffee beans first.

I always liked the shop on the perimeter of the supermarket rule of thumb. Make most your meals from those raw ingredients.