No need for a scale, 420 pounds and I feel great!

Options

Replies

• gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    great work man keep up the fantastic work , add me if you want, wouldnt mind being a buddy and working together !!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    great work man keep up the fantastic work , add me if you want, wouldnt mind being a buddy and working together !!

Thanks! you have been added my friend.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Great job! I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself. I'm concerned about cold turkey stopping your antidepressant. Talk with your dr. They need to be weaned down not just stopped because they can have serious side effects with stopping.
    Keep up the good work with food and exercise.

I promise you its not cold turkey, I am completely off of them now however.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    that sounds absolutely fabulous !! congrats:drinker:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    This is really great ^_^ I'm glad you're feeling good about yourself and that your health is improving. And sure Id like to add you if you don't mind it~
  • kurogami207176
    Options
    Awesome! You'll definitely lose some more! :D
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Thanks guys, really appreciate it =)
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    This is really great ^_^ I'm glad you're feeling good about yourself and that your health is improving. And sure Id like to add you if you don't mind it~

Will do
  • jrucktaeschel
    Options
    For those of you that criticized him for going off his meds, how bout givin him a shout out for opening up and sharing his story? He came on here to share his story and get some positive feedback, not to be judged..And for the simple reason he said he was on anti-depressants means he has been dealing with some issues that are personal, yet he shared..again, not to be judged or criticized. Plus, he initially never said he didn't consult a doctor..Give him love for opening up and sharing how he feels especially that he feels great..Don't make him regret coming on here...

AGREED!!!!
  • jrucktaeschel
    Options
    Way to go Andy - Believe in yourself and it will happen! You can do it!!!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You are doing Amazing! keep up the good work, good things are ahead for you!
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    Here's the dope...

Many people think they need professional help do to something and I am sure most do, however, I believe the strongest change in ones life is made by your own mind. Do you need a professional to tell you that eating over 4000 calories a day will make you fat? that eating vegitbles is healthy? That you need to exercise? No, you really don't, You know what's right from wrong and for those that have not been morbidly obese or struggled with the depression around it, The obsticle isn't physical, its mental, his actions are begining to show some kind of positive progress. Sometimes, people just start to change because they want to .. not because someone said they could.

AGREED!!

Thank you for sharing your story and progress with us! It's very inspiring and always great to hear someone coming out of the darkness and into the light!! Keep going, you've already started moving in the right direction, don't ever look back!
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    "Success is achieved by consistency of purpose."

Thank you, Far East Fortune Cookie Company.

Also, I read a book on running this week from the founder of the Running Room and here's a quote from him: "Nobody ever got hurt by running too slowly." I love this. It's not telling you to run. It means that you should do what you're comfortable with and at your own pace and when you challenge yourself, be ready for it and don't try to do too much too quickly. That's true of any life change you make.

You have just taken the first 20 steps in a journey, full of positive challenges, that will last the rest of your life, and only you can know what the proper pace is.

Cheers!

Mirii

I LOVE THIS!!!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Awesome!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Thank you all for your support =)
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    You decided to become your own shrink?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

You are setting yourself up for a major fall.

Just FYI Guy, Ive been off my anti depressants for 8 days now and NEVER FELT BETTER>
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

Ive been off antidepressants for 6 days now pal, and never felt better.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    After only 20 days?
    NOT GOOD!

Just FYI Guy, Ive been off my anti depressants for 8 days now and NEVER FELT BETTER
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can do this, don't get discouraged. We're all here for you, just log on and post. :flowerforyou:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration to me and many others. Thanks for sharing your story!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!