Quick, easy high protein breakfasts?

Options
12346»

Replies

• SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    On of my favorites that I haven't had in a while is instant oatmeal cooked and then I'd pour a container of yogurt over the top.
    It was always filling.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My wife is putting chocolate protein powder in her coffee, gives her the caffeine and 25g of protein. Haven't tried vanilla but pretty sure it will taste ok, like french vanilla creamer.

Can you please tell me what kind of protein powder she uses? I've tried this with a few different kinds and can't seem to find one that dissolves in coffee. Thanks!
    That's because the heat denatures it. What you have to do is mix the protein powder with water to make a slurry. Then add the slurry to your coffee.
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone, really do appreciate them all.

[/quote]Recipe for the quiche cupcakes too please?[/quote]

They're here.... http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/ I made them yesterday and had them for breakfast this morning, they're great!
    I'm up at 6AM and outta the house at 7:30 and I make time to have a good breakfsat of eggs and peameal...no toast.... get up a bit earlier

Getting up earlier isn't an option for me which is why I'm asking about quick breakfasts. I work til pretty late in the evenings most evenings when I'm on school placement, til 10/11pm sometimes so don't sleep much before midnight mostly so getting up even earlier isn't something I'm going to do.
    Every Sunday night, I make a MASSIVE pot of steel cut oats. It has actually turned into my hubby's job while I make supper and prep the veggie sticks for the week.

For a very high-protein mix, I like to add 1/2 a scoop of my favourite chocolate protein powder to the oats after I re-heat them, along with some freshly sliced strawberries and a few splashes of milk (I like my oats runny and it also helps to cool them down).

I'd never thought about making it up before, that's actually a really good idea! I wasn't sure about how to do it with protein powder, wasn't sure if the cooking would ruin the powder but stirring it in after makes sense. Not sure why I didn't think of that before, duh! Thanks :)
    Can u drink your shake on the way to work and then once you get to work, make a quick breakfast? Maybe taost with peanut butter and eat it at your desk? We have microwaves, toasters, etc in our kitchen at work. Sometimes I'm running late and will throw all my breakfast and lunch in a bag and just make my breakfast when I get to work. Just a suggestion.

Unfortunately, not an option for me though I wish I could! I teach so when I get in I do stuff around the classroom and then the kids come in. That's what I used to do when I worked in an office as there was a toaster and stuff so I used to microwave some porridge/oatmeal. I could have the shake on the way to work though.
    Google "egg mug" recipes.

They look pretty good!
    I haven't made these, but you could make ahead protein pancakes and reheat:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-pumpkin-spice-pancakes.htm

Man they look tasty, might have to give them a try.

So many fantastic ideas on here, thanks again everyone.
  • niki23poet
    niki23poet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My wife is putting chocolate protein powder in her coffee, gives her the caffeine and 25g of protein. Haven't tried vanilla but pretty sure it will taste ok, like french vanilla creamer.

That is a great idea! I never would've thought of doing that!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've been experimenting after reading all the suggestions. My favorite so far is 1/2c quick cooking irish steel cut oats microwaved with 1/2c unsweetened almond milk, 1/2c blueberries and one packet weight watchers creme brulee smoothie mix. Microwave all for a minute and stir. Can't eat while driving but its so fast you can probably fit it in. Cut it in half if too many calories or save half for the next day.