Options

Replies

• rcwible83
    Options
    LOVE IT! :love: Drinking some in my coffee right now! :drinker:
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    1) The first ingredient in Truvia is erythritol, which is a sugar alcohol. The second ingredient is rebiana, which is a highly purified stevia derivative. Natural is a bit of a misnomer in the case of Truvia. If you want to eat something natural, get accustomed to things being less sweet, and eat small amounts of raw sugar.
    2) If you want to talk about bad aftertastes, add even a tiny bit too much stevia to something.

I think I'll just take your advice and cut back (some more) on the delicious real thing. I haven't even gotten to half of my 16oz cup and I'm already feeling dizzy. I think I got a little carried away with the Splenda (i added 5 packets). OOOpsie
  • busey
    busey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For all of those that cut down on sugar, good for you! If they are looking for something more natural other than sugar try Agave nectar it's got a much more natural taste that Splenda and Stevia.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love Splenda but i've been logging it at 4 calories a package. Hmmm
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Thats because splenda is made from the backbones of enslaved unicorns. Anything unicorn related has zero calories. It was a big controversy as many did not like that unicorns were being forced to make splenda but that all passed
    ROFLMBO!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Truvia is better - natural alternative and also available at major groceries.

Only if you like the black licorice taste.
  • ahni77
    Options
    Thats because splenda is made from the backbones of enslaved unicorns. Anything unicorn related has zero calories. It was a big controversy as many did not like that unicorns were being forced to make splenda but that all passed

dang FDA will approve anything.

what makes this entire post even MORE hilarious is that my spouse is an FDA investigator. lol. for the record, he's absolutely AGAINST articial sweeteners
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Real Sugar got me to 333, I avoid Aspartame (Equal) but you will pry the Saccharin (Sweet-N-Low) out of my cold dead hands! - I also use Sucralose (Splenda) in my tea but not as much as Saccharin. I tried Stevia (Truvia) and wanted to like it but could not. It was awful in tea and coffee.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    If its made in a plant/lab/factory and has zero calories I stay away from it! Those things are HORRIBLE for you and taste like crap! 1 cube of sugar has a mere 15 calories and I would rather the few extra calories rather than the possible cancer that lab rats receive!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee snob...so I think if you are going to drink the nectar of the gods it should be freshly ground with no additives to truly appreciate this life giving drink!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i-made-a-whole-pot-of-coffee-but-im-out-of-splenda.jpg
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

what makes this entire post even MORE hilarious is that my spouse is an FDA investigator. lol. for the record, he's absolutely AGAINST articial sweeteners
    That is awesome! This stuff is poison!
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bu
  • jgo2787
    Options
    Splenda (aka sucralose) was originally designed to be used as a pesticide. It has similar qualities as bleach, disinfectants, insecticide, WWI poison gas, and hydrochloric acid. In lamest terms, it's poison.
  • ahni77
    Options
    I love Splenda but i've been logging it at 4 calories a package. Hmmm

That's what someone else said too. Maybe I should just come clean in my diary and add 20 calories. Maybe 10, I only drank half of my coffee :tongue:
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options

It sure is!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    If you want to talk about bad aftertastes, add even a tiny bit too much stevia to something.

Very true. I too almost exclusive use raw sugar but occasionally use stevia but you are right, it does have a bad aftertaste. Plus from everything I've read artificial sweeteners are so much sweeter that they end up making your body crave more. No thanks.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Real Sugar got me to 333, I avoid Aspartame (Equal) but you will pry the Saccharin (Sweet-N-Low) out of my cold dead hands! - I also use Sucralose (Splenda) in my tea but not as much as Saccharin. I tried Stevia (Truvia) and wanted to like it but could not. It was awful in tea and coffee.

I'm with you on the saccharin. At restaurants, I always reach for saccharin over aspartame. That's the only application i use it for, but it's definitely better than aspartame.
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I agree, I have a little bit of an allergic reaction to sucralose and aspartame. I have to stick with a more natural sweetener.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Love it. It has less of an aftertaste than the other options - for me anyway.