What do you buy men for valentines?

Options
mickipedia
mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
I am stuck.. every year i have the same issue.. i mean do you guys even care about valentines?

I'm not fused myself.. just an excuse to get flowers (although my boyfriend will probably forget)

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    If I had someone giving me a Valentine I wouldn`t really care what exactly it was,just the desire to have done it would be what mattered. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Can never have too many tools.......................or sports gear!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    no. most of us dont care.

You know what we want. its either going to involve certain special actions on your part... or food.

and if they're dieting.. food isnt a good idea.
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A plate of home made cookies placed on a valentines day decorated plate and before you place the cookies on said plate, write some kind of sweet message...which would be revealed later...

FOOD ALWAYS WINS!!!
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< don't really care if I get anything, kina a waste of $$$ to me.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Food. Definitely food. Men love baked goods. Especially cookies.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We don't celebrate Valentines day....We've been married over 12 years, and don't feel to need to pay triple for something on one day when we love eachother every day.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The most my fiance and I have ever given each other is a card. We have a tradition where we go out for Chinese every year around Valentine's Day. That's it. We love it. =)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    nothing, never buy them anything. just get undressed. thanks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My "gift" for Valentine's Day is the gift of not celebrating the holiday. :smile:
  • jack_martha
    Options
    I usually make a card. It's personal, and I like it. Who cares what he thinks?
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Buy some pretty lingerie & do a strip tease. It can even be funny. He'll love you for it!:smile:
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    this.
  • doctor_mike
    Options
    I can't speak for all men, but what this one desires would be a heartfelt love note...doesn't even have to be a card....about what he means to you and how he makes you feel...build him up....if he means something to you tell him and tell him how and what......yes, some of us can be sentimental :)
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I always go with their favorite 6 pack- or bottle- which have you and then just dinner out or cooking together in. Other then that I with you...at a lost as to what to get men ha
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    lol lov that
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    A weekend away is always great. I usually buy tickets to see his favorite Hockey team and if there is a second game that weekend, I try to get tickets regardless of the team...we always have a blast and find fun things to do in whatever city we end up in. One year we drove for an hour to find tennis courts and had a blast playing when we finally got there.
    I have also done a weekend in Williamsburg and a weekend in the mountains. He is always happy with that and a Gift certificate for Hockey Gear.
  • ajp913
    ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As a guy who considers himself a hopeless romantic I don't think it so much matters what you get us. What matters is that you showed you care. I mean, obviously, don't get him anything outside his realm of taste, or anything "dumb." But put some thought into it, and then make sure you're appreciative of what he gets you. I think those two things combined are the big winner.

Deep down, you know your bf better than anyone else... You can find a way to show him you care.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Hahaha, this is a given, the rest is a bonus!
  • shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    this.

my boyfriend would agree with those responses.