What do you buy men for valentines?

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm buying mine a mikita cordless drill...18vlt. Romantic I know, but he'll love it.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    February marks 12 years that we've been together, and we've never bought into the hype of buying something special for valentines. ;)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I bought mine video games, not romantic but it's what he wanted. We were on campus and we walked into gamestop because he wanted to just look around and I told him to pick out a few games and I bought them. He was happy so it worked for me lol. And then we're going to dinner somewhere before Valentine's Day and we're making dinner at home on actual Vday.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR4qgOBMt6WQ9NKP6VfPMY_w0T6hwzzrX_FEkncwKJPIo-vdKbDEoifRz_sg
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    My husband and I don't really do Valentine's Day. The first year we were together for it, we'd only been dating for 2.5 months so he flew in to see me and took me to a really nice dinner. I went and had an old-time portrait done of me in a saloon dress and put it in a nice frame. Since we were long distance at the time and he loved that. By the next year we were married and living in another country. 17 Feb is our "halfiversary" and since he's military and we celebrated that by going to a new restaurant and ordering a three course meal together. This year we'll be moving to yet a new country, though we're hoping to squeeze in a ski trip on that weekend.

All that to say, he doesn't really like gifts in general. And when we want to give each other something we don't wait for a magic day to do it. I got my birthday gift 2 weeks early, he got his 6 weeks early, etc.

Since your boyfriend is being so picky, have you thought of just asking him what he wants?
    we do that too, I got my valentine's day presents like two weeks ago! and the same thing happened with Christmas. I told him he could play two of the games I got him since I got my presents early and even though the rest are sitting with his collection in our living room, he can't play them yet! lol
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for all men, but what this one desires would be a heartfelt love note...doesn't even have to be a card....about what he means to you and how he makes you feel...build him up....if he means something to you tell him and tell him how and what......yes, some of us can be sentimental :)

Awe ... Aren't you a keeper ! :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    vidya games, sport swag (if he's into sports), a nice dinner. Oh and obligatory comment about some kind of sex involving a non-traditional orifice.
  • mindy2185
    Options
    i went and bought this sexy little card........and this sexy little lingerie set....wrapped it up and told him it was for me, to wear for him. lol and he said it was the best valentines day gift...imagine that
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Find a dress shirt of his...be naked underneath. Have him come home to find you in that

That's the hotness...
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My BF and I have been working really hard, so I am getting us a couples massage!
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i and every guy I know doesn't want anything for valentines day and actually doesn't like the day as it's just a rip-off money making exercise by card manufacturers, florists and confectioners.

Most men IMO aren't that bothered about birthday and Christmas cards either. A present is one thing, but why spend money on a bit of paper/card that I'll throw in the bin later in the week or shove in a drawer/box and never look at?
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Get drunk and loose
  • Milletp
    Options
    I'm gonna make him a dirty coupon book :'-)
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that said to make him a special dinner. He'd probably love it if he knew you put the time and effort into making him something. Go all out... have wine and dessert, dress sexy, wear heels.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    steak and a blow job.

easy peasy.

Yup...these are my hubby's two most favorite things :)
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    steak and a blow job.

easy peasy.

Yup...these are my hubby's two most favorite things :)

XBox in stead of steak--: )
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Steak & a BJ trumps all.

Colognes such as Acqua Di Gio is great also. Everytime I wear it, it drives her wild. WIN WIN!
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    We don't celebrate Valentines day....We've been married over 12 years, and don't feel to need to pay triple for something on one day when we love eachother every day.

This! I've been married for 26 years and we've never celebrated V-day. We've always seen it as a made-up commerical holiday that benefits candy, flower and jewelry companies.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Put on some sexy lingerie and fulfill his desires. It's about love. Make him happy! :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    don a thong, some stilletto heels, make a sandwich and put a bow on your head. Works every time