Planet Fitness?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Planet Fitness, anyone know anything about the gym? They are coming to our town soon I hear.

I'm a member-low fees but it's not the best gym...I don't know, I don't like the vibe I guess. Plus they have breakfast and pizza nights there which defeats the whole purpose of working out (so what? you can devour pizza while all sweaty?)

This is one of the reasons why I left. Pizza night? Bagel Monday's? And they also had a huge bowl of tootsie rolls at the front desk. I much prefer the YMCA. In addition to the hot tub, steam room, sauna, classes, etc, they offer healthy snacks.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness, anyone know anything about the gym? They are coming to our town soon I hear.

I'm a member-low fees but it's not the best gym...I don't know, I don't like the vibe I guess. Plus they have breakfast and pizza nights there which defeats the whole purpose of working out (so what? you can devour pizza while all sweaty?)

This is one of the reasons why I left. Pizza night? Bagel Monday's? And they also had a huge bowl of tootsie rolls at the front desk. I much prefer the YMCA. In addition to the hot tub, steam room, sauna, classes, etc, they offer healthy snacks.

You aren't forced to eat pizza, bagels, or tootsie rolls.
    I abstain every time I go.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Yup. No one is shoving pizza, bagels and tootsie rolls down your throat. My husband and I were there Monday and we didn't stay for pizze. Bagel day we just partake in the free coffee. No one stops us or throws bagels at us while we're exercising.

I like PF. The one we go to is smaller, not a ton of equipment -- like someone posted they are individually owned so I think it's p to you what you want to provide as far as weights go -- but it suits my needs.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I didnt like the Planet Fitness , that I use to go to, because, it seemed that the place was like 99 % cardio equipment and 1 % weights, and other exercise equipment. But if you are ok with that, its not bad, plus its as cheap as it gets for a gym membership. I now use Golds Gym, Im a lot happier there.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options

Yup. No one is shoving pizza, bagels and tootsie rolls down your throat. My husband and I were there Monday and we didn't stay for pizze. Bagel day we just partake in the free coffee. No one stops us or throws bagels at us while we're exercising.

I like PF. The one we go to is smaller, not a ton of equipment -- like someone posted they are individually owned so I think it's p to you what you want to provide as far as weights go -- but it suits my needs.

Its not about "forcing " anything. I have enough willpower to abstain from things like that. I just feel that a gym should offer healthy alternatives and not put out things that might be a temptation to people that are trying to watch what they eat. It just rubs me the wrong way.